Obama, GM & Jeff Immelt all sent jobs overseas, why is this ignored?

Obama essentially gave GM the money to build the new plant in China. He has as his jobs czar a man that has shipped far more jobs overseas than he has created here in the US. On top of that GE was busted for doing business with our fucking enemy (Iran) despite the embargo. And on top of that his company paid 0 fucking federal taxes.

Why....WHY....WHY, is this being swept under the rug?

Perhaps because Obama has so much shit on top of the rug there is no where left to put it?

Careful when you start asking questions you already know the answer to you start to sound like some of our more over the top far left loons.

I find that much of your declarations are not facts at all. Many of them seem to be characterizations or evaluations, and none are supported by evidence provided.

I don't know what "essentially" means here. Certainly, Obama did not give them any money for the purpose of building Chinese plants or with the requirement that they do so. GM was building plants in China before the bailout, and they seem to be continuing that.

I assume "jobs czar" here refers to Jeff Immelt. I assume you are referring to his "job creating" at GE rather than as jobs czar. GE has certainly increased payrolls in China and reduced them in the US during his tenure. So it is reasonable to say that he has created more jobs in China or overseas than the US.

I can find no evidence that GE was "busted" for doing business with Iran. I can find evidence that they were criticized for doing business in Iran.

It is certainly false to say that GE "paid 0 fucking federal taxes". GE has paid corporate taxes in the past, and they continue to pay payroll, sales and excise taxes.

And your claim in post 5 that your information didn't come from Fox is severely undermined by your citation of a Fox News editorial in post 14.

You know what essentially means

Busted, exposed lambasted

In 2010 GE paid 0 federal incom taxes on 18 billion in profits.

And my info didnt come from Fox, it came from my brain, a little thing called paying attention to the news. The Fox link was only sought after I realized someone (like you) would come along and cry foul.

Your arguments are nothing more than semantics

I find it unlikely that your information about GE's policies in Iran originated in your brain. If it did that renders it completely meaningless, unless you're claiming psychic abilities. I find it much more likely that it was informed in part by media reports, and I suspect that at least some of those reports came from Fox News.

I agree with you that GE paid zero in corporate income taxes in FY 2010.

I do know what "essentially" means. I am just unable to reconcile your use of it with what I understand about the auto bailout. And I certainly disagree that deciding what is the "essence" of a complicated policy can be a "fact", "known" or otherwise.

I understand from your fragment "Busted, exposed lambasted" that when you said GE had been "busted" you meant that they had been "lambasted", which is to say criticized or scolded. I certainly agree that they have been "lambasted" by Bill O'Reilly, among others. By this somewhat unusual definition, one could say for example "Romney was busted for having a dancing horse".

I agree that many of my arguments are semantic. I feel strongly, for example, about differentiating between "known facts" and "opinions" or "characterizations", which is a semantic distinction.

Do you think GE deserved to be 'busted' by O'Reilly?

Arguing semantics may be fun, but it seems to be a way of criticizing the source rather than addressing the subject under discussion.

Obama essentially gave GM the money to build the new plant in China. He has as his jobs czar a man that has shipped far more jobs overseas than he has created here in the US. On top of that GE was busted for doing business with our fucking enemy (Iran) despite the embargo. And on top of that his company paid 0 fucking federal taxes.

Perhaps because Obama has so much shit on top of the rug there is no where left to put it?

Lay off the fox, it warps the brain,...

I've yet to see you do anything but post borish bs like this. You're definitely making the list.

I don't accept Grampa's "known facts", but it is fair to ask "why aren't Republicans talking more about Democrats that have been involved in outsourcing/offshoring/etc. American jobs?" I think the answer is simple: it would keep the focus on outsourcing/offshoring/etc. which can only be bad for Romney. If the election is about who outsourced American jobs Romney will lose. Instead he seems to have chosen to let the outsourcing story die out.

Romney didn't outsource or offshore a single job. Not even one.

So Toyota, BMW, Fait, Volkswagon, Honda, Nissan etc should not build auto plants in the USA to build the cars they sell to the American Market?

P.S. Ford has had a plant in Australia since the 1920s. Why didn't you include them in your list?

Ford, like GM, Chrysler etc., have assembly plants all over the world and have had for decades. The point is Ford does not have an executive in the White House advising the President on how to create jobs in the US, while reducing the work force of his company in the US.

So Toyota, BMW, Fait, Volkswagon, Honda, Nissan etc should not build auto plants in the USA to build the cars they sell to the American Market?

P.S. Ford has had a plant in Australia since the 1920s. Why didn't you include them in your list?

Ford, like GM, Chrysler etc., have assembly plants all over the world and have had for decades. The point is Ford does not have an executive in the White House advising the President on how to create jobs in the US, while reducing the work force of his company in the US.

Thanks for making the point I seemingly couldn't.

Funny shit is.... Chris will come on and create a thread about GM opening up a new plant somewhere here in the US but he will leave out the fact that there is now a vacum creating that need because of the jobs shipped to China.

Hes such a tool

Really? How many U S manufactured cars are purchased by China?

I did a search...couldn't find any. Maybe you can do better to back up the "lost jobs" theory.

How many Chinese made cars will be sold in the U.S.?
May 12, 2009
Report: GM to import Chinese cars; trickle in 2011 will turn to flood in 2014

The dreaded wait for Chinese-made cars to hit America's shores may end in two years.

General Motors is telling U.S. lawmakers that it plans to import cars from China starting in 2011, Automotive News reports citing a planning document circulating in Congress. GM would become the first major automaker to bring Chinese cars to the U.S. It would import 17,335 the first year, tripling that volume to 51,546 in 2014, according to the report, dated last Tuesday.

Most likely candidates would be small vehicles similar to the planned Chevy Spark, a minicar that's going to be made by GM in South Korea where it has its Daewoo subsidiary.

China will find as other foreign car manufacturers have discovered that it is easier to set up manufacturing here in the U S to serve the U S market. I am not concerned about jobs lost in China. That is thier problem.

Really? How many U S manufactured cars are purchased by China?

I did a search...couldn't find any. Maybe you can do better to back up the "lost jobs" theory.

May 12, 2009

The dreaded wait for Chinese-made cars to hit America's shores may end in two years.

General Motors is telling U.S. lawmakers that it plans to import cars from China starting in 2011, Automotive News reports citing a planning document circulating in Congress. GM would become the first major automaker to bring Chinese cars to the U.S. It would import 17,335 the first year, tripling that volume to 51,546 in 2014, according to the report, dated last Tuesday.

Most likely candidates would be small vehicles similar to the planned Chevy Spark, a minicar that's going to be made by GM in South Korea where it has its Daewoo subsidiary.

China will find as other foreign car manufacturers have discovered that it is easier to set up manufacturing here in the U S to serve the U S market. I am not concerned about jobs lost in China. That is thier problem.

Would you buy a Chinese car? No way in hell I would.

May 12, 2009

Are you crazy? I have not nor will I ever even shop at a Walmart. I own a Cadillac El Dorado and an old(69) VW camper bus. And a Chris Craft boat. I can justify the VW because I bought it from an American and I get all it's parts from Americans. A "new" ANYTHING from China is absolutely out of the question.

I haven't been to Walmart in a very long time. But I have no problem with them. Many poor can afford their meds thanks to Walmart.

Are you crazy? I have not nor will I ever even shop at a Walmart. I own a Cadillac El Dorado and an old(69) VW camper bus. And a Chris Craft boat. I can justify the VW because I bought it from an American and I get all it's parts from Americans. A "new" ANYTHING from China is absolutely out of the question.

Yeah, right... everything you own is made in America.

:lol:

I haven't been to Walmart in a very long time. But I have no problem with them. Many poor can afford their meds thanks to Walmart.

Every time I read these dumb fuckwads moaning about WalMart, it just makes me want to go to WalMart.

They won't shop at Walmart but they're willing to buy a GM or vote for the outsourcer-n-chief.

Every time I read these dumb fuckwads moaning about WalMart, it just makes me want to go to WalMart.

They won't shop at Walmart but they're willing to buy a GM or vote for the outsourcer-n-chief.

That's not true. I would never vote for Romney. My Cadillac was made in the U S A. The VW parts I buy support American suppliers. Germany has long long ago stopped making the parts for my 69 bus. I bought it last year from an American that needed to get rid of it.

Forum List

Back