Obama, GM & Jeff Immelt all sent jobs overseas, why is this ignored?

Romneys job at Bain was to increase company profit margins as much as possible within the law. At that time Romney was not a represenative of or to the American people. During the last 3.5 years Obama with GM and Immelts help jobs have been outsourced. Immelt was hired by Obama to help the American people not a privately held company. Taxpayers bailed out GM and they repaid us by shipping jobs to China.

There is a huge difference

I would love if Mitt Romney started talking about how some corporations don't pay any taxes. Obama is on record saying he wants to close corporate tax loopholes (Barack Obama on Budget & Economy) and Mitt Romney has signed a pledge not to raise taxes on any entity, including those that currently pay no taxes (Romney finds 'no new taxes' promise suits him after all - The Boston Globe). This was also a flip-flop for Romney. Why would this be a winning issue for Republicans?

It is a winning issue for Americans. Close the loopholes, broaden the tax base, lower corporate tax rates.

Of those 3 ideas Obama and the left will not do two, thus the issue is currently dead.

Obama essentially gave GM the money to build the new plant in China. He has as his jobs czar a man that has shipped far more jobs overseas than he has created here in the US. On top of that GE was busted for doing business with our fucking enemy (Iran) despite the embargo. And on top of that his company paid 0 fucking federal taxes.

Why....WHY....WHY, is this being swept under the rug?

Perhaps because Obama has so much shit on top of the rug there is no where left to put it?
Because dimwits hate the truth and the main street media hate reporting the truth. Obamaturd is a lying pos.

Obama essentially gave GM the money to build the new plant in China. He has as his jobs czar a man that has shipped far more jobs overseas than he has created here in the US. On top of that GE was busted for doing business with our fucking enemy (Iran) despite the embargo. And on top of that his company paid 0 fucking federal taxes.

Perhaps because Obama has so much shit on top of the rug there is no where left to put it?

Lay off the fox, it warps the brain,...
It is the dimwits that have the warped brains.

Because Jeffrey Immelt is OBAMA'S JOB CZAR. He is also CEO of General Electric who made 18 billion dollars in revenue last year--and didn't pay a single penny in federal taxes on it. The other's are Obama "friends" so it's shhhhsssss time.

How GE Is Arming China to Compete With Boeing -- and America - DailyFinance

I find that much of your declarations are not facts at all. Many of them seem to be characterizations or evaluations, and none are supported by evidence provided.

I don't know what "essentially" means here. Certainly, Obama did not give them any money for the purpose of building Chinese plants or with the requirement that they do so. GM was building plants in China before the bailout, and they seem to be continuing that.

I assume "jobs czar" here refers to Jeff Immelt. I assume you are referring to his "job creating" at GE rather than as jobs czar. GE has certainly increased payrolls in China and reduced them in the US during his tenure. So it is reasonable to say that he has created more jobs in China or overseas than the US.

I can find no evidence that GE was "busted" for doing business with Iran. I can find evidence that they were criticized for doing business in Iran.

It is certainly false to say that GE "paid 0 fucking federal taxes". GE has paid corporate taxes in the past, and they continue to pay payroll, sales and excise taxes.

And your claim in post 5 that your information didn't come from Fox is severely undermined by your citation of a Fox News editorial in post 14.

https://www.numbersusa.com/content/...make-it-easier-highly-skilled-immigrants-come

The Department of Homeland Security announced a series of reforms that reflect the Obama Administration's continuing commitment to attracting and retaining highly-skilled immigrants. The Administration's new initiatives will lead to increased work permits for foreign workers while 22 million Americans can't find a full-time job.

Fuck off troll

Surprise, surprise, surprise. Funny how his supporters say one thing and do the opposite.

It is a winning issue for Americans. Close the loopholes, broaden the tax base, lower corporate tax rates.

Of those 3 ideas Obama and the left will not do two, thus the issue is currently dead.

Actually, Obama is on record supporting all three of those proposals (Obama proposes lowering corporate tax rate to 28 percent - The Washington Post) (closing loopholes would automatically broaden the tax base to include corporations like GM that currently don't pay corporate taxes).

I find that much of your declarations are not facts at all. Many of them seem to be characterizations or evaluations, and none are supported by evidence provided.

I don't know what "essentially" means here. Certainly, Obama did not give them any money for the purpose of building Chinese plants or with the requirement that they do so. GM was building plants in China before the bailout, and they seem to be continuing that.

I assume "jobs czar" here refers to Jeff Immelt. I assume you are referring to his "job creating" at GE rather than as jobs czar. GE has certainly increased payrolls in China and reduced them in the US during his tenure. So it is reasonable to say that he has created more jobs in China or overseas than the US.

I can find no evidence that GE was "busted" for doing business with Iran. I can find evidence that they were criticized for doing business in Iran.

It is certainly false to say that GE "paid 0 fucking federal taxes". GE has paid corporate taxes in the past, and they continue to pay payroll, sales and excise taxes.

And your claim in post 5 that your information didn't come from Fox is severely undermined by your citation of a Fox News editorial in post 14.

You know what essentially means

Busted, exposed lambasted

In 2010 GE paid 0 federal incom taxes on 18 billion in profits.

And my info didnt come from Fox, it came from my brain, a little thing called paying attention to the news. The Fox link was only sought after I realized someone (like you) would come along and cry foul.

Your arguments are nothing more than semantics

Actually, Obama is on record supporting all three of those proposals (Obama proposes lowering corporate tax rate to 28 percent - The Washington Post) (closing loopholes would automatically broaden the tax base to include corporations like GM that currently don't pay corporate taxes).

Obama is on record for a lot of things.

Most proved to be slight of hand.

How is this stance different?

Then why isnt it being done? Hes had nearly 4 years with hige UE numbers and has done what?

And my info didnt come from Fox, it came from my brain, a little thing called paying attention to the news. The Fox link was only sought after I realized someone (like you) would come along and cry foul.

I find it unlikely that your information about GE's policies in Iran originated in your brain. If it did that renders it completely meaningless, unless you're claiming psychic abilities. I find it much more likely that it was informed in part by media reports, and I suspect that at least some of those reports came from Fox News.

I agree with you that GE paid zero in corporate income taxes in FY 2010.

I do know what "essentially" means. I am just unable to reconcile your use of it with what I understand about the auto bailout. And I certainly disagree that deciding what is the "essence" of a complicated policy can be a "fact", "known" or otherwise.

I understand from your fragment "Busted, exposed lambasted" that when you said GE had been "busted" you meant that they had been "lambasted", which is to say criticized or scolded. I certainly agree that they have been "lambasted" by Bill O'Reilly, among others. By this somewhat unusual definition, one could say for example "Romney was busted for having a dancing horse".

I agree that many of my arguments are semantic. I feel strongly, for example, about differentiating between "known facts" and "opinions" or "characterizations", which is a semantic distinction.

I find it unlikely that your information about GE's policies in Iran originated in your brain. If it did that renders it completely meaningless, unless you're claiming psychic abilities. I find it much more likely that it was informed in part by media reports, and I suspect that at least some of those reports came from Fox News.

I agree with you that GE paid zero in corporate income taxes in FY 2010.

I do know what "essentially" means. I am just unable to reconcile your use of it with what I understand about the auto bailout. And I certainly disagree that deciding what is the "essence" of a complicated policy can be a "fact", "known" or otherwise.

I understand from your fragment "Busted, exposed lambasted" that when you said GE had been "busted" you meant that they had been "lambasted", which is to say criticized or scolded. I certainly agree that they have been "lambasted" by Bill O'Reilly, among others. By this somewhat unusual definition, one could say for example "Romney was busted for having a dancing horse".

I agree that many of my arguments are semantic. I feel strongly, for example, about differentiating between "known facts" and "opinions" or "characterizations", which is a semantic distinction.

Which is exactly what I said. Do try to keep up...

Then why isnt it being done? Hes had nearly 4 years with hige UE numbers and has done what?

Right now, no controversial legislation can pass because the election is too close. In general, Obama's tax policies don't get passed because Congressional Republicans oppose them. Even if they agreed with your three points (as does Obama) there wouldn't necessarily be a bill that both sides agreed on. For example, I noted that Obama wants to broaden the tax base by taxing corporations like GM. In contrast Cain and Bachmann seem to want to raise taxes on poor people. It would take considerable work to reconcile these two versions of broadening the tax base.

Right now, no controversial legislation can pass because the election is too close. In general, Obama's tax policies don't get passed because Congressional Republicans oppose them. Even if they agreed with your three points (as does Obama) there wouldn't necessarily be a bill that both sides agreed on. For example, I noted that Obama wants to broaden the tax base by taxing corporations like GM. In contrast Cain and Bachmann seem to want to raise taxes on poor people. It would take considerable work to reconcile these two versions of broadening the tax base.

So you "ESSENTIALLY" agree that Obama wasted 2 years on one topic....

https://www.numbersusa.com/content/...make-it-easier-highly-skilled-immigrants-come

The Department of Homeland Security announced a series of reforms that reflect the Obama Administration's continuing commitment to attracting and retaining highly-skilled immigrants. The Administration's new initiatives will lead to increased work permits for foreign workers while 22 million Americans can't find a full-time job.

Fuck off troll

More than half of U.S. employers surveyed by the staffing firm Manpower Group last year said they were having trouble filling job openings because they couldn't find qualified workers. That’s a huge 38 percentage point jump from 2010, when only 14 percent said they were having trouble filling positions.

Role reversal: Employers say they can't find workers - Life Inc.

Romney Quote: "He (Obama) says we need more firemen, more policemen, more teachers. Did he not get the message of Wisconsin? The American people did. It's time for us to cut back on government and help the American people."

During an interview with CNN’s John King on Monday evening, Romney campaign surrogate Newt Gingrich defended Mitt Romney’s resistance to hiring “more firemen, more policemen, more teachers” and admitted that the former Massachusetts governor’s policy would lead to less teachers in the classroom:

Gingrich: 'Yes,' Romney's Policies Will Lead To 'Fewer Teachers'

Republicans cut education

Republicans cut education. Without an educated workforce, they have to get the workers somewhere.

Yea, so eat shit pigswine.

Oo, oo Mr. Kotter???

ahem .... because GE is da DEMS big corp buddy and it's all milk and cookies when their guys(s) ship jobs outta the USofA.

Amiright?

yes, because it is more economical to build the auto plant in the country you plan on marketing the auto for sale in.

Fuck off troll

More than half of U.S. employers surveyed by the staffing firm Manpower Group last year said they were having trouble filling job openings because they couldn't find qualified workers. That’s a huge 38 percentage point jump from 2010, when only 14 percent said they were having trouble filling positions.

Role reversal: Employers say they can't find workers - Life Inc.

Romney Quote: "He (Obama) says we need more firemen, more policemen, more teachers. Did he not get the message of Wisconsin? The American people did. It's time for us to cut back on government and help the American people."

During an interview with CNN’s John King on Monday evening, Romney campaign surrogate Newt Gingrich defended Mitt Romney’s resistance to hiring “more firemen, more policemen, more teachers” and admitted that the former Massachusetts governor’s policy would lead to less teachers in the classroom:

Gingrich: 'Yes,' Romney's Policies Will Lead To 'Fewer Teachers'

Republicans cut education

Republicans cut education. Without an educated workforce, they have to get the workers somewhere.

Yea, so eat shit pigswine.

We spend more money every damn year on Education for the most part yet the populace gets dumber and dumber. Why is that idiot? Could it be the stupid fucking union rules and idiot teachers that cant be fired? Could it be a decline in the moral fabric of this country withy regard to our children? Could it be the dumbass lefts ideas that corporal punishment is a bad thing? Could it be that our kids are out of control and disrespectful?

COULD IT BE THAT YOU'RE JUST TOO BIG OF A FUCKING FOOL TO COMPREHEND ISSUES THAT ARE CLEARLY ABOVE YOUR EDUCATION LEVEL?

Forum List

Back