Obama glad Eagles signed Vick. The picture on Drudge says it all!

I'm not talking about my approval. I'm talking about the approval of the crowd that Vick could shoot his wife at high noon on Friday, as long as he makes touch downs on Sunday!

But Tiger Woods did less and is anyone forgiving him?

No?

So, what's different about Vick? Tiger didn't kill anything. Vick's favorite method was hanging the poor things.

What's different? VICK IS MAKING TOUCH DOWNS!

Or you know damn well, he'd be in the same DOG HOUSE (pun intended) as Woods!

And OF COURSE, it's the guys coming to the thread, coming to Vick's defense on this one.

Thanks for proving my point. Disgusting!
It's all making since, now.

You're a (not so much in the) closet Racist.

Mentions of OJ, Vick, and Tiger all while "discussing" what conversation Obama had with the Eagles.

How dare that black man (Obama) speak in favor of another black man (Vick)!!!

If I was to get an opportunity to talk to the coach, I would congratulate him on giving someone a 2nd chance too.
Vick has paid his debt, showed remorse, and resumed his role as a role model quarterback in the NFL

Howard Cosell said "look at that monkey run" when referring to a black football player. He produced home videos showing him ssaying "look at those monkeys run" when referring to his kids. He had a history of never acting in any racial manner...yet he was not given a second chance.

Pete Rose gambled but didnt kill anything. Vick gambled AND killed.

Sorryu folks on the left....Obama should have left this one alone.

And as I keep saying and you all are ignoring...

Obama praised a man for hiring an ex con who he is counting on making him millions of dollars.

If he hired some kid who got out of jail for auto theft, and put him in the mailroom, THEN praise is due to the employer.

But to hire someone you assume will make you millions? And be praised for it by the President?

Ludicrous.

That would be a great job for him, if the bastard was really sorry!
So Vick puts dogs in a ring to fight.
Yes, it's brutal and illegal.
He paid his debt to society.

Your hero, Sarah Palin, can put a 30-06 slug into the skull of an elk and you're okay with that?

Just trying to better understand where your high standards rest...
:cuckoo:

When Sarah Palin forces Elk to fight to the death, or hangs them and watches them slowly strangle get back to me.

Yep, I have to say hortysir...... terrible analogy.

You dont like Sarah.... OK, this thread is'nt about her.

I think she is the new GDubbya, but whatev.

Micheal Vick is an asshole..... an asshole who has paid his debt to society, but an asshole no less.

I wouldnt watch him play a football game no more than I'd listen to Barbara Striesand.... I cant stand either one of them, but they are free to do as they please.

I'm not talking about my approval. I'm talking about the approval of the crowd that Vick could shoot his wife at high noon on Friday, as long as he makes touch downs on Sunday!

No?

So, what's different about Vick? Tiger didn't kill anything. Vick's favorite method was hanging the poor things.

And OF COURSE, it's the guys coming to the thread, coming to Vick's defense on this one.

Mentions of OJ, Vick, and Tiger all while "discussing" what conversation Obama had with the Eagles.

If I was to get an opportunity to talk to the coach, I would congratulate him on giving someone a 2nd chance too.
Vick has paid his debt, showed remorse, and resumed his role as a role model quarterback in the NFL

Hmmm....do you think that the owner would not FIRE vick if he didn not win games?

DO you truly see it as him wanting to give vick a second chance?

Are you that naive?

No?

Now your just being stupid..... The race card.... really?

While I obviously don't approve of what Michael Vick did, he served his time in jail, paid his fines, and received his punishment. Is he never supposed to be able to get a job ever again?

Shit, there are other job besides being an NFL quarterback, let him join the job market like everyone else. I think the NFL should have banned him for life for what he did.

They banned Rush Limbaugh from buying a team for a lot less.

All he did was saying "racist things" he didn't even really say! They had been a bunch of lies, and he wasn't allowed to buy a team.

But, Vick really does kill dogs for fun, and it's okay!

I agree with you totally!

Must be a Christmas Mir...um.....I mean a Winter Solstice Miracle!!!!!

Youre nonsensical. First, why do you care what other people think? Second, what he did was criminal, he was arrested, convicted, and went to jail for a period of time as determined by the legal system. What to want Obama to do? Make an executive order declaring that Vike can not be hired by anyone? What Vike did was dispicable but he epitomizes making the best of a second chance.

I never gave a shit about Woods because he didnt break the law... he cheated on his wife and paid for it with public embarrassment, millions of dollars and he no longer has a family.

yo...

To praise a man for hiring an ex con who was hired becuase the returns will be plentiful for the one doing the hiring is the issue here.

If a man went to jail becuase he was a banker that conned his depositers out of millions and he was hired after he served his time by another bank becuase he is one of the best in the industry, you think Obama would have praised that bank for giving him a second chance?

I bet not.

How about giving George Bush a second chance.

Do you think any lib here would be up for that? ;)

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::flameth::flameth::flameth::blowup::blowup::blowup:

No?

OJ...Major news Item and major athlete
Vick...major news item and major athlete
Tiger...major news item and major athlete

I see great reason to bring them all up in the same conversation....and the least being that they have some or all of the same race.....

Only YOU brought up the fact that they were all black.

And yet YOU are the one making the racist accusation.

Seems to follow a pattern with the left.

No?

Are you saying that all black men have to support the black men that are crimminals because it is their "nature"? And you are calling them a racist?

He doesnt need your approval or anyone to forgive him. The fact is he spent almost 2 years in jail. So in the eyes of the legal system hes even and should be able to exploit any marketable skillset he has. Personally, I still think hes a low life.

Much as I love dogs..I have to go with this..

Eventually people get out of prison. They should be given a shot at redemption.

No?

I see great reason to bring them all up in the same conversation....and the least being that they have some or all of the same race.....

Alright, I'll take my Negs for stupid posting.
Not really on my game today.

Teapartysamurai and Fox news, both, are making MUCH too big of a deal over this phone call.
It wasn't even the primary reason for the call.
While he was on the phone, just like I said I would do, he gave the guy props for giving the man a second chance.
Period.

I over-stepped by making imaginary connections and apologize.

While I'm at it I guess I'll apologize for the bad analogy..... Was looking for a segway to get a dig in at TPS' hero.
:eusa_whistle:

Last edited:
He doesnt need your approval or anyone to forgive him. The fact is he spent almost 2 years in jail. So in the eyes of the legal system hes even and should be able to exploit any marketable skillset he has. Personally, I still think hes a low life.

Much as I love dogs..I have to go with this..

Eventually people get out of prison. They should be given a shot at redemption.

True..

However, do you truly feel it appropriate for the POTUS to compliment the owner of the Eagles for ghiving Vick a second chance?

DO you think the owner would have done it if he did not see the chance of making a great profit?

Giving someone a second chance is not the same as capitalizing on a good deal to make a great profit.

And lets be real...that is ALL this was about. The owner of the Eagles did not look at it as a second chance. He looked at it as a chance to make great money.

Sara doesnt need that food to survive now does she.

She kills for fun.

Who kills your meat?

People that do it for profit.

lol....sort of makes you laugh when you think about it.

If you eat meat, you are responsible for that killing.

The difference: Sarah knows what her prey has been eating, what hormones and antibiotics it has been given (none), the approximate age, the health, and if it has been with sickly animals, lately. Chances are, she will drop it without it ever knowing it was about to die. Its' death will be swift, possibly going back to grazing before dropping.

Compare that to the meat you eat: you have no idea of what hormones or antibiotics or wormer was injected into the meat or when, the age of the animal, the health of the animal, if it was being fed other animals, or what it was given to drink. Yes, you kill animals too, it is just you pretend to be "above" that part.

Teapartysamurai and Fox news, both, are making MUCH too big of a deal over this phone call.
While he was on the phone, just like I said I would do, he gave the guy props for giving the man a second chance.
Period.

while I'm at it I guess I'll apologize for the bad analogy..... Was looking for a segway to get a dig in at TS' hero.

Fair enough...

But do you really see the owner doing this to give Vick a second chance?
If he felt Vick was no better than someone else out there, do you think he would have went with Vick?

I mean, letys be real here...Vivk was damaged goods and a good deal and the returns made it worth his while to take a chance.

The second chance part? Simply a bi product.

The POTUS should have known better. Sports owners make decisions based strictly on return....just like all busioness owners.

Period.

while I'm at it I guess I'll apologize for the bad analogy..... Was looking for a segway to get a dig in at TS' hero.

Fair enough...

But do you really see the owner doing this to give Vick a second chance?
If he felt Vick was no better than someone else out there, do you think he would have went with Vick?

I mean, letys be real here...Vivk was damaged goods and a good deal and the returns made it worth his while to take a chance.

The second chance part? Simply a bi product.

The POTUS should have known better. Sports owners make decisions based strictly on return....just like all busioness owners.
Oh, I totally agree that the owner had wins = $$ on his mind.
Just like when my Dolphins brought Rick Williams back, (shit!! another black guy, I better be careful :lol: ) I still have Miami jerseys in my closet but I got rid of the #34 ones after that happened.

One problem I had with the whole Mike Tyson :)eusa_shhh:) coming back after his felony conviction: As a boxer his hands are registered lethal weapons. A convicted felon isn't supposed to be in possession of a lethal weapon. he should have never been allowed to box again.

Yes, it's all about the $$$$.

Forum List

Back