Obama Giving Oil-Rich Alaskan Islands to Russia

Author’s addendum, Feb. 17, 2012: This is not a new issue. In fact the Bush and Clinton administrations are directly at fault for the same inaction. A maritime agreement negotiated by the U.S. State Department set the Russian boundary on the other side of the disputed islands, but no treaty has ratified this action. Consequently, it is within the president’s power to stop this giveaway. The Alaska delegation’s failure to put pressure on the administration is inexplicable. State Department Watch, an organization that assisted with this article, has confronted each administration and is currently confronting the Obama administration — and has been met by silence. I’m hoping this piece will help reinvigorate efforts to stop this handover.

I'll have you know America sent 34,000 troops to the Aleutian Islands to retake them from the Axis in 1943's WWII. It's only the second time in United States History a foreign enemy has taken our land away from us, the first being in the War of 1812.

The Obama BADministration is NOT WELCOME TO GIVE AWAY any part of the State of Alaska, we the people paid for it in our troops blood.

Last edited:
I'll have you know America sent 34,000 troops to the Aleutian Islands to retake them from the Axis in 1943's WWII. It's only the second time in United States History a foreign enemy has taken our land away from us, the first being in the War of 1812.

The Obama BADministration is NOT WELCOME TO GIVE AWAY any part of the State of Alaska, we the people paid for it in our troops blood.
I've been disappointed with some things Obama has done in the past but there is very little background from which to draw a solid conclusion about this issue. So until more is known about Obama's motive in this transaction I'm keeping an open mind with consideration for the fact that Russia can be an extremely valuable ally -- especially in a hot conflict with Iran.

The notion that Obama just handed over such valuable resources with nothing in return makes absolutely no sense and seems like typical right-wing propaganda.

I've been disappointed with some things Obama has done in the past but there is very little background from which to draw a solid conclusion about this issue. So until more is known about Obama's motive in this transaction I'm keeping an open mind with consideration for the fact that Russia can be an extremely valuable ally -- especially in a hot conflict with Iran.

The notion that Obama just handed over such valuable resources with nothing in return makes absolutely no sense and seems like typical right-wing propaganda.
The Russians have contributed to an Atomic Iran. Guess who financed the schema. Washington politicians. For campaign contribution money from pro-Iranian benefactors. Who loses?

America loses. Miami. New York City. Gulf Coast States within firing range of Russian and Iranian missiles in Venezuela, where a paranoid Chavez who blames America for his cancer is happy to collaborate with lethal American enemies.

Democrat Jimmy Carter sold out American interests in Panama.

Bill Clinton defended America from Iran by bombing out a vacated aspirin factory in Iran on his watch.

Obama badmouthed working Americans in Europe, put the American government in charge of failed banks whose smooth operators got millions in bonuses thanks to money Obama collected from workin' stiffs, and now he's gonna have as good a legacy as Carter by giving away oil resources in Alaska after voting no on ANWR.

All he's gonna get outta the deal is one term. Enough for him.

Curses.

What's next. The Panama canal?

Oh wait..that was given away too..

Oh noesssss!

Ahmadinejad has an atomic plan for NYC, Sallow. Please move somewhere safe.

Oh, wait. Russian missiles are almost advanced as ours, and they renigged on their nuclear agreements of the past. They can reach anywhere they want to in the continental United States.

Sorry.

Why Obama defers our power to other nations is at the core of his agenda. He doesn't like America being the leader of the free world. He has a global world mindset. Well, a huge part of the world hates us. Obama is leading us to our demise. That said, I'm putting matches in a water proof container!

Last edited:

The Senate ratified the U.S.-U.S.S.R. Maritime Boundary Treaty in 1991, which was then signed by President George Bush. The Alaska House and Senate were never consulted during the treaty's negotiations, however, and recently have teamed up with the governor to send a strong message of protest to President Bill Clinton, without apparent effect, however.
GHWB gave them away.

Had he, rather than Bush I done this, you would be correct. But the Treaty was negotiated & signed by Bush the Elder.

54.40 or Fight......:eusa_whistle:

Are you unhappy the Obama administration is working to this end behind closed doors in the strictest of secrets and you would not know it except for an honest reporter who found out what him and Hillary Clinton were up to and decided to tell the rest of the country like a good reporter should?

Obama packaged himself as he was gonna have the most transparent administration in the history of America.

"hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha"

If I'm laughing, it's because it's to keep me from crying.

Obama uses power like Calamity Jane used her gun

calamity_jane_gun1.jpg

photo credits

Russia have always controlled those islands, and the US never has.

The treaty signed in 1991 just made that official.

Those Islands were not included in the sale of Alaska to the US from Russia in 1867.

This is a non-story.

54.40 or Fight......:eusa_whistle:
We own the Aleutian Islands. They are a part of the State of Alaska that I lived in in 1953-4 where my dad served in the Army.

The Senate ratified the U.S.-U.S.S.R. Maritime Boundary Treaty in 1991, which was then signed by President George Bush. The Alaska House and Senate were never consulted during the treaty's negotiations, however, and recently have teamed up with the governor to send a strong message of protest to President Bill Clinton, without apparent effect, however.
GHWB gave them away.
The Congress did not ratify the treaty, madam because it is American property which was purchased from Russia in 1867, when Congress did ratify the treaty.

Forum List

Back