Obama Gives Brits Free Pass on Oil Spill While Lashing Out at Congress, Tea Partiers

WillowTree

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2008
President Obama on Saturday reassured Prime Minister David Cameron that his frustration over the oil
spill in the Gulf of Mexico is not an attack on Britain.

But a day earlier, Obama blasted U.S. lawmakers and Tea Party activists for criticizing his response to the nation's worst environmental disaster, suggesting they are being hypocrites.

"I think it's fair to say, if six months ago, before this spill had happened, I had gone up to Congress and I had said we need to crack down a lot harder on oil companies and we need to spend more money on technology to respond in case of a catastrophic spill, there are folks up there, who will not be named, who would have said this is classic, big-government overregulation and wasteful spending," he told Politico in an interview.

Obama also suggested the criticism coming from anti-big government protesters, such as Tea Party activists, was hypocritical.

FOXNews.com - Obama Gives Brits Free Pass on Oil Spill While Lashing Out at Congress, Tea Partiers

There aren't enough words in the English language to adequately describe what a total asswipe this guy is. :lol::lol:

Obama is a piece of shit.

He campaigned at least partly on a promise that if something like Katrina happened again his government would be ready and able to respond immediately and now he wants to criticize those who hold his feet to the fire?

Seriously, I think he's mental. Did anyone see his HS commencement speech where he urged graduates to accept responsibility for his own actions? Yet he can't? I'm sick of this guy.

What the President stated was correct.

Your reaction to it is just the partisan idiocy that one expects from you.

Is that why, at every opportunity, the whiners call it 'British Petroleum'?

Because it hasn't actually been called BRITISH Petroleum in years... It is BP, Beyond Petroleum. But.... it's far better, politically, to remind Americans that it's a 'foreign' company. Americans can be so easily led.

"I think it's fair to say, if six months ago, before this spill had happened, I had gone up to Congress and I had said we need to crack down a lot harder on oil companies and we need to spend more money on technology to respond in case of a catastrophic spill, there are folks up there, who will not be named, who would have said this is classic, big-government overregulation and wasteful spending," he told Politico in an interview.

Sadly, he's probably right. Although, I've never seen a president who reacts so much to criticism like this. At least not in words. I've heard it reported that what people say about him really gets under his skin. I wonder if he lets that happen a little too much.

Exactly! When the no-regulation crowd actually sees the effects of just that- no-regulation, they start becoming a little less opposed to regulation. Just like with health reform, a recent article in our local paper focused on a former Tea Partier who's son has a life threatening disorder, and who used to be opposed to the HCR bill..But his son is about to excede the lifetime cap on coverage..He is now very, very supportive of the bill. Obama had it right!

Obama tells Britain no hard feelings over spill - Yahoo! News

I'm just wondering if anybody else out there had animosity toward Britain because of the oil spill...

Anyone?

Was it even necessary to tell the prime minister not to worry about the US being pissed off at Britain? OK, so Tony Hayward is British...big deal...and BO has already said that he would have fired him long ago...but that's not really going after Britain is it?

I don't think the prime minister is worried about Obama coming across the big pond to kick his ass....should he be? Of course not! But...I'm willing to bet you that he IS worried about the US throwing BP to the wolves and hurting the international interests of BP.

But we ARE talking about Obama...the man who wants EVERY nation to love him...so I guess this isn't too much of a stretch for Captain Apology

Last edited:

I'm just wondering if anybody else out there had animosity toward Britain because of the oil spill...

Anyone?

Was it even necessary to tell the prime minister not to worry about the US being pissed off at Britain? OK, so Tony Hayward is British...big deal...and BO has already said that he would have fired him long ago...but that's not really going after Britain is it?

I don't think the prime minister is worried about Obama coming across the big pond to kick his ass....should he be? Of course not! But...I'm willing to bet you that he IS worried about the US throwing BP to the wolves and hurting the international interests of BP.

But we ARE talking about Obama...the man who wants EVERY nation to love him...so I guess this isn't too much of a stretch for Captain Apology

I think the Brits are seriously pissed at the US 'game' of making it about a 'foreign' company, and substantial numbers of British pensioners are suffering badly because of American rhetoric and BP now withholding the dividend. Those shareholders are not wealthy people as the media would have us believe, they are ordinary people stuggling to get by on their pensions.

POTUS was right to blame Congress and the Tea Party, which has no political power, for the oil spill?

I think President Obama was critisizing their mindless critisism, not blaming them for the spill. That belongs to BP.

Anyone?

I think the Brits are seriously pissed at the US 'game' of making it about a 'foreign' company, and substantial numbers of British pensioners are suffering badly because of American rhetoric and BP now withholding the dividend. Those shareholders are not wealthy people as the media would have us believe, they are ordinary people stuggling to get by on their pensions.

When a drunk through his negligence wipes out a family on the road, he also wipes out the source of his families income. So, are we to say that his family has more importance than the survivors of those he killed?

The Brits can blame BP, not us. We are the injured party here, and if this catastrophe wipes out BP, that is the reward of monumental incompetance.

President Obama on Saturday reassured Prime Minister David Cameron that his frustration over the oil

But a day earlier, Obama blasted U.S. lawmakers and Tea Party activists for criticizing his response to the nation's worst environmental disaster, suggesting they are being hypocrites.

Obama also suggested the criticism coming from anti-big government protesters, such as Tea Party activists, was hypocritical.

FOXNews.com - Obama Gives Brits Free Pass on Oil Spill While Lashing Out at Congress, Tea Partiers

There aren't enough words in the English language to adequately describe what a total asswipe this guy is. :lol::lol:

I still can not believe he admitted in the Lauer interview that he has yet to speak with Hayward, and the left continues to defend this Administration?!?!?!? This is the most embarrassing thing he has done to date, hands down.....this is the clearest indication he is in way over his head.......

Anyone?

How do the Brits feel about Obama and company going after British Petroleum when an American company was responsible for day to day operations on Deepwater Horizon?

I still can not believe he admitted in the Lauer interview that he has yet to speak with Hayward, and the left continues to defend this Administration?!?!?!? This is the most embarrassing thing he has done to date, hands down.....this is the clearest indication he is in way over his head.......

he has a superbitch ego.

Yeah, go ahead and blame this on Obama. He had no control over the current regulation standards. That was all on Bush and Cheney.

BO has control over everything else he wants too.

But you are correct, Bush and Cheney caused the Oil Spill, the Nashville Flood, the Flash Flood Earlier this Week and they were responsible for the 16YO' Boat Capsizing a few days ago.

Not to mention Bush and Cheney are responsible for my dog getting an upset stomach and for me stubbing my toe last week, darn them everything that has happened in the last 12 months is their fault, they were so terrible they were elected a second term.

I will event bet the dangerous Sun Spots reported a few days ago is all their fault too, I think we should all move into the safety of underground caves, as Bush and Cheney will cause the sky too fall, or was that chicken little, but I am sure Bush influenced him too.

BPsFolly, go soak your head in Oil :lol::lol:

he has a superbitch ego.

Yes he does and if he keeps it up BP may lose too much value for anyones good, solve the problem first, then deal with BP, instead he has politicized it and keeps trying to sell his Green Initiative.....pure dumbass moves.....:clap2::clap2::clap2:

Last edited:

Forum List

Back