Obama Gives Another Hypocritical Speech

It's Jimmy Carter all over again.

U.S. strategic interests, primarily tied to oil, generated profound antagonism in Iran decades before Ayatollah Khomeini's rise to power. If we want to blame someone for this "mad regime" why not Dwight Eisenhower, who was president in 1953 when a U.S-British backed coup overthrew the democratically elected government of Iranian Prime Minister Mohammad Mosaddegh?

Mossadegh's sin? Attempting to nationalize the British-owned Anglo-Iranian oil company, itself a direct offshoot of Western imperialism and the global race to exploit MidEastern oil resources.

The aftermath of that coup poisoned any chance that the majority of the Iranian population would ever view the United States in a positive light.

As one of the hostage takers told an outraged American embassy staffer: "You have no right to complain, because you took our whole country hostage in 1953."

The crisis in Iran that destroyed Carter's presidency was rooted in American and British actions in the MidEast dating back many decades. It strains our understanding of objective reality to call it his fault. In fact, it was Carter, as I wrote yesterday, who pointed his finger at the real villain -- American addiction to foreign oil.

Iran was not Jimmy Carter's fault

Iran was not Jimmy Carter's fault - How the World Works - Salon.com

I hate to be partisan about this (I know some of you just snarfed your coffee), but why is it every time a Democrat gets in the White House they start making friends with our enemies, start giving away the advantages a Republican gave us buy selling our technology to folks like China, and start giving away any strategic advantage we've had.( I guess they don't want them getting caught stealing it, so why not make a profit and sell it)

Oh, and why do they insist on pulling the rug from under our allies?

Is there any wonder people are acting up? The moment some thug tries a power-grab, sure as hell a Democrat backs down.

In the words of George McFly "I just can't handle confrontations".

The Clinton administration allowed American corporations to get contracts to work on Chinese commercial satellite launching rockets. Some of this technology might have been applicable to ICBMs

Of course the pseudo-cons, searching around for anything they could use against him seized on this and tried to spin it as "Clinton selling missile technology.....

Why do those damn citizen rise up? Perhaps they read something like this?

"Prudence, indeed, will dictate that governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shown that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such government, and to provide new guards for their future security."

The Declaration of Independence - TEXT

Obama%20looking%20stupid.jpg

Last night Obama gave a speech about the riots in Egypt. First he tells everyone we aren't gonna meddle in anyone's business, but then he goes into this bit about how the transition of power must be peaceful, and it must be NOW.

Wait a sec.!!!! Didn't you say you wouldn't meddle in Egypt's affairs? Why does anything have to happen now Mr. President?

What right do you have to expect the President of any country to step down. Especially one that isn't a threat to our country?

Isn't this what everyone has been saying about Bush?

Is this what our allies can expect from our leadership now? The minute a few thousand protesters start milling around the streets they have to turn their power over to someone called the Muslim Brotherhood?

And Btw. What right do you have to tell anyone anything about doing the will of the people when you haven't been for the last two years?

I'm trying to figure out where you get off.

Obama has done nothing but kiss the asses of our enemies, weaken our military, reduce our Space Program to a Muslim outreach program, and tell everyone Do as I say Not as I Do.

While all of this was going on Obama was throwing a GD party the other day. Doesn't he ever take anything seriously? Is this some kind of joke to him? Personally I think he honestly thinks he's speaking for us, but in reality he has no idea what we want. This guy is so out of touch with reality it's breathtaking.

no1.jpg

Hard as this must be for you to understand, the events unfolding in Egypt are NOT ABOUT US.

WE will not decide the outcome of that event.

Obama has very little influence over events.

The Egyptian people don't care what you or I or Obama either, thinks.

I understand full well that this doesn't have anything to do with us. That's exactly what I intimated, fuckwad.

Can't you read English??

I hate to be partisan about this (I know some of you just snarfed your coffee), but why is it every time a Democrat gets in the White House they start making friends with our enemies, start giving away the advantages a Republican gave us buy selling our technology to folks like China, and start giving away any strategic advantage we've had.( I guess they don't want them getting caught stealing it, so why not make a profit and sell it)

Oh, and why do they insist on pulling the rug from under our allies?

Is there any wonder people are acting up? The moment some thug tries a power-grab, sure as hell a Democrat backs down.

In the words of George McFly "I just can't handle confrontations".

Allow me to inject a partisan point then ...

Reagan was a Democrat?

WAS!!!

Past-tense.

Do these words ring a bell with you??

"I didn't leave the Democratic Party. The Democratic Party left me!!!" - Ronald Reagan

Last edited:

U.S. strategic interests, primarily tied to oil, generated profound antagonism in Iran decades before Ayatollah Khomeini's rise to power. If we want to blame someone for this "mad regime" why not Dwight Eisenhower, who was president in 1953 when a U.S-British backed coup overthrew the democratically elected government of Iranian Prime Minister Mohammad Mosaddegh?

Mossadegh's sin? Attempting to nationalize the British-owned Anglo-Iranian oil company, itself a direct offshoot of Western imperialism and the global race to exploit MidEastern oil resources.

The aftermath of that coup poisoned any chance that the majority of the Iranian population would ever view the United States in a positive light.

As one of the hostage takers told an outraged American embassy staffer: "You have no right to complain, because you took our whole country hostage in 1953."

The crisis in Iran that destroyed Carter's presidency was rooted in American and British actions in the MidEast dating back many decades. It strains our understanding of objective reality to call it his fault. In fact, it was Carter, as I wrote yesterday, who pointed his finger at the real villain -- American addiction to foreign oil.

Iran was not Jimmy Carter's fault

Iran was not Jimmy Carter's fault - How the World Works - Salon.com

Carter's weakness made the transition easier. The United States and Russia have been fighting over Iran for near a hundred years. It was Iran's fault they allowed it to continue. They reaped the benefits of whomever was their friend of the moment. Currently it's Russia. They are no better off now then they were under the Shaw. They have no freedom, so who'd fault is that.

Somebody needs to tell Obama to put a sock in it.

He's constantly mouthing off about Egypt.

I don't remember him doing this during the Iranian demonstrations.

Experts say he's trying to encourage the formation of a Theocracy in Egypt.

What that means is he wants Muslims to run the 10th largest army in the world. The only country preventing Arab countries from attacking Israel.

Is their any wonder who's side this guy is on?

Wake up people. This is the first truly lawless White House in our history.

He's already committed several felonies. He's in contempt of Federal court with respect to his drilling ban. Now let's add encouraging open rebellion against a sovereign country's government. A government that is a long time ally of ours.

Obama Gives Another Hypocritical Speech
....And, the Snooki Palin Roadshow is

runnin' on fumes!!!!!

"Sarah Palin is a soap opera, basically," Ron Reagan Jr. told The Associated Press on Friday. "She's doing mostly what she does to make money and keep her name in the news."

"She is not a serious candidate for president and never has been,"
Reagan added.

Ultimately, Ron Reagan, Jr. as well as a large contingency of die-hard Ronald Reagan supporters were less than impressed by Palin's remarks at the banquet. And based on the 2008 GOP vice presidential nominee's dwindling approval ratings among the general public, Palin's hopes for a 2012 presidential bid may be fading fast."

Forum List

Back