Obama gives a shout out to non believers .....

Another good quote from Obama's speech:

"This is the source of our confidence - the knowledge that God calls on us to shape an uncertain destiny.
This is the meaning of our liberty and our creed - why men and women and children of every race and every faith can join in celebration across this magnificent mall, and why a man whose father less than sixty years ago might not have been served at a local restaurant can now stand before you to take a most sacred oath."
Obama's inaugural speech: full transcript - US Election, World news - Belfasttelegraph.co.uk

He was just throwing atheists a bone. Get over yourselves.

keep telling yourself that.

I did notice he left out pagans. ;) Maybe he's taking baby steps. Pagans will get recognition in 2012.

oh no------we can't have athiests do a sympathy thing for the pagans----that's just wrong-----I'm with Amanda--how many types of athiests are there ?

Allie, why are you so pissed off that Obama recognized that it's possible to be Atheist and American? He said nothing against Christians, in fact he quoted Christian scripture, swore on a bible and invited a Christian minister to read a prayer. Christians got the lion's share of his attention, so what is your gripe?

Are you mad he mentioned Hindu's too?

Do you consider me an asshole to Christians?

I'm not pissed off that he included non believers. I'm pissed off at asshole atheists who claim not to care what others believe, but have a fucking cow if anyone dares to refer to religion without including them in the referral. It's stupid. If you don't have a religion, WHY SHOULD YOU BE INCLUDED IN RELIGIOUS REFERENCES?

It's arrogant, self-aggrandizing, posturing bullshit. If you don't believe, you don't believe. Don't expect to be included amongst the believers. YOU DON'T BELIEVE. It's like saying "I have a lot in common with people who like Mangoes" and having potato lovers getting all uptight because they aren't mentioned. Why would they be mentioned? A potato isn't even fruit, and the reference is about mangoes and the people who like them.

Either have a faith, or don't. But don't wield your non-faith as a religion, and get pissy because it isn't INCLUDED in the listing of religions, or because you aren't included in references to the faithful. You don't believe, it's outside your realm of experience or you have removed yourself from that circle. Quit whining because you aren't still referenced every time somebody mentions faith. YOu are by your own admission, not among the faithful.

How many kinds of atheist are there?

I don't know. It seems to me it's the simple concept of lack of belief in god that makes a person an atheist. Yet, some atheists do find things to disagree on. Some won't even call themselves atheist. They insist on being called a non believer. DevNelly, for example.

I'm curious...if atheists don't believe in God, why do they find it necessary to be included among those with faith? How is that relevant to them?

Answer: It's not. They're just assholes who don't like it when anyone refers to his or her own faith.

He included us amoung the American people.

You are really pathetic.

I'm not pissed off that he included non believers. I'm pissed off at asshole atheists who claim not to care what others believe, but have a fucking cow if anyone dares to refer to religion without including them in the referral. It's stupid. If you don't have a religion, WHY SHOULD YOU BE INCLUDED IN RELIGIOUS REFERENCES?

It's arrogant, self-aggrandizing, posturing bullshit. If you don't believe, you don't believe. Don't expect to be included amongst the believers. YOU DON'T BELIEVE. It's like saying "I have a lot in common with people who like Mangoes" and having potato lovers getting all uptight because they aren't mentioned. Why would they be mentioned? A potato isn't even fruit, and the reference is about mangoes and the people who like them.

Either have a faith, or don't. But don't wield your non-faith as a religion, and get pissy because it isn't INCLUDED in the listing of religions, or because you aren't included in references to the faithful. You don't believe, it's outside your realm of experience or you have removed yourself from that circle. Quit whining because you aren't still referenced every time somebody mentions faith. YOu are by your own admission, not among the faithful.

All I can say is, Allie, may your Lord have mercy on you. :eusa_pray:

For the slow witted. I have a problem with the whining about not being included when you have, by definition of your lack of faith, declare yourself excluded. It's idiotic to piss and moan about being left out of references of the faithful WHEN YOU CLAIM TO HAVE NO FAITH.

Get it yet? Do you need more time to figure it out?

For the slow witted. I have a problem with the whining about not being included when you have, by definition of your lack of faith, declare yourself excluded. It's idiotic to piss and moan about being left out of references of the faithful WHEN YOU CLAIM TO HAVE NO FAITH.

Again you block wall full of hate, He included us amoung the American people.

I guess that every religion that didn't get mentioned should boo hoo and feel all excluded and picked upon. Like the atheists would if he hadn't included them.

Be happy with your bone, nuts.

Again you block wall full of hate, He included us amoung the American people.

So what? I never said you weren't American. I said you were idiots for shouting from the hilltops that you don't believe in God and have no religious affiliation, then getting all teared up and emotional everytime there's a litany of faiths mentioned and you aren't included.

You're hypocrites. It has nothing to do with hate. It has to do with calling a spade a fucking shovel.

If God created you in his image, I could see why some people would have no faith. :eusa_whistle:

there might be some conservative atheists but I've never even heard of one let alone meet one.

My grandparents were atheists and staunch Republicans. Atheism is not a political affiliation.

Forum List

Back