Obama gives a shout out to non believers .....

I think it's step in the right direction. It's not a question of my feeling included or excluded, even though some religious fanatics would like atheists to feel excluded. I've never felt less of an American for feeling strongly about the need to maintain a seperation of church and state.

Well poop--I was so hoping that you felt that the little shout out was inspiring :lol:
So your still going grumble in your godless corner, huh ?

nice to see that baptist charity shining through as always, allie.

:lol:

I'd make a Jesus joke but Allie might throw some holy water in my face with Sarge bringing up the rear about how I'm an agent of Satan.

So I'll just leave this here to ruffle Allie's feathers:

$falwell_washington.jpg

$2hn6vwl.jpg

Atheists won't be happy until there is no acknowledgement of religion in any forum, ever, and all the churches get shut down.

Well poop--I was so hoping that you felt that the little shout out was inspiring :lol:
So your still going grumble in your godless corner, huh ?

The shout out was inspiring. What are you talking about? "grumbling"???

it's probably because they feel so overwhelmed by the milk of your christian kindness. or maybe you're an asshole. 50/50 at best.

I can see it will be a while before you get that party. Anyway, when you can find an atheist who isn't an asshole to Christians, point them in my direction. If they aren't an asshole, I'll send you an edible bouquet.

Hahaha, right when he said that a friend of mine and I immediately looked at each other in disbelief and said "Oh, he acknowledged us! I feel included."

So yes, I guess, though I'm not a strict atheist.

Awesome----let's get everyone's ass on this boat so we don't have idiots sinking it cause they feel left out.

The only people who don't take me seriously are the idiots like yourself who have nothing but hatred for those who prescribe to a different line of thought.

Open that mind, little Christian basher. Clear out those cobwebs. Try a smile on, I'm sure you can do it if you just try really hard.

And while I know you won 't pray for peace, perhaps you can pop a few pills and enjoy some semblance of happiness....

Gosh, so many shining examples of all that is good, kind, and loving in the atheist community.

YOu guys are a joke.

The only people who don't take me seriously are the idiots like yourself who have nothing but hatred for those who prescribe to a different line of thought.

Open that mind, little Christian basher. Clear out those cobwebs. Try a smile on, I'm sure you can do it if you just try really hard.

And while I know you won 't pray for peace, perhaps you can pop a few pills and enjoy some semblance of happiness....

I'm not so much a praying man Allie, but I'll pray that God will grant you some sanity one of these days.

:eusa_pray:

I can see it will be a while before you get that party. Anyway, when you can find an atheist who isn't an asshole to Christians, point them in my direction. If they aren't an asshole, I'll send you an edible bouquet.

i'm sorry, but my religion wouldn't allow me to do that.

i'm not bashing christians, my dear allie. i'm bashing you.

you, at least on this board, are about the most unchristian person i've had the misfortune to run across.

i'll ask the congregation to keep you in mind next sunday, though, because that's how i roll.

Allie, why are you so pissed off that Obama recognized that it's possible to be Atheist and American? He said nothing against Christians, in fact he quoted Christian scripture, swore on a bible and invited a Christian minister to read a prayer. Christians got the lion's share of his attention, so what is your gripe?

Are you mad he mentioned Hindu's too?

Do you consider me an asshole to Christians?

Another good quote from Obama's speech:

"This is the source of our confidence - the knowledge that God calls on us to shape an uncertain destiny.
This is the meaning of our liberty and our creed - why men and women and children of every race and every faith can join in celebration across this magnificent mall, and why a man whose father less than sixty years ago might not have been served at a local restaurant can now stand before you to take a most sacred oath."
Obama's inaugural speech: full transcript - US Election, World news - Belfasttelegraph.co.uk

He was just throwing atheists a bone. Get over yourselves.

Awesome----let's get everyone's ass on this boat so we don't have idiots sinking it cause they feel left out.
I did notice he left out pagans. ;) Maybe he's taking baby steps. Pagans will get recognition in 2012.

It's so great to see happy athiests. :lol:

Yeah, you really don't come across that to often, at least in my experience. Liberals too... there might be some conservative atheists but I've never even heard of one let alone meet one. But liberals often seem less happy. I know I'll get responses telling me how they are giddy like 24/7 but I'm saying in my experience. You can claim to be the happiest person on the planet and be an atheist but that doesn't make it a common thing.

If atheists do want to convince me they are happy, I'd like to know what they are happy about. Not just "Obama's in office now, woot!" type of stuff, but what in your life brings you the joy you have. Replies that contain no substance will be ignored. (I should make that me new sig. I'm so tired of the pointlessness of much of this bandwidth usage.)

Forum List

Back