Obama gives 1 billion to Mexico for offshore oil drilling after banning US from drill

The Rabbi, Obama did not ban all offshore drilling, just deep water. The loan in your Op is not for deep water drilling.

AND the TEMPORARY ban is not even for ALL deep water drilling, those that existed before the spill are carrying on business as usual....the temporary ban is only for NEW deep water drilling, so that these NEW businesses can be inspected and given time to develop THEIR plans on how they would stop another catastrophe, as the gulf oil spill that just happened, from my understanding of it? Am I wrong?

It's still a bad political move nonetheless. When we have thousands in the oil industry out of work due to the administration's moratorium, which he keeps reimplementing after it's been struck down by a judge twice now, this looks really bad and right now Obama nor Democrats can afford anymore negative press.

Well, mebbe so...but that does not mean it was the wrong thing to do. We will never, ever see relief from the travails of illegal Mexican immigrants if we don't get serious about helping Mexican create a middle class of its own.

How is a billion dollar loan guarantee to the Mexican gov't's oil company going to help create a middle class?

Presumably it will create/expand an oil industry in Mexico that employs Mexicans, The Rabbi. The folks who are here illegally will never go home without hope.

Unfortunately this isn't all that surprising. This President and his party no longer represent American Citizens' best interests. It's all part of their Leftist/Globalist/Internationalist agenda. This President also took the side of the Mexican Government and Illegals over his own people in Arizona by calling them racists and suing them. So is this really all that surprising? The Dems gotta go. Hopefully this will start happening in November. That party just doesn't seem to care about their own people anymore.

Unfortunately this isn't all that surprising. This President and his party no longer represent American Citizens' best interests. It's all part of their Leftist/Globalist/Internationalist agenda. This President also took the side of the Mexican Government and Illegals over his own people in Arizona by calling them racists and suing them. So is this really all that surprising? The Dems gotta go. Hopefully this will start happening in November. That party just doesn't seem to care about their own people anymore.

your life must be miserable.... i feel sorry for you... what can i do to help?

Well, mebbe so...but that does not mean it was the wrong thing to do. We will never, ever see relief from the travails of illegal Mexican immigrants if we don't get serious about helping Mexican create a middle class of its own.

How is a billion dollar loan guarantee to the Mexican gov't's oil company going to help create a middle class?

Presumably it will create/expand an oil industry in Mexico that employs Mexicans, The Rabbi. The folks who are here illegally will never go home without hope.

So people here picking crops and mowing lawn are going to become oil workers in Mexico and earn top dollar?:cuckoo:

I don't know, The Rabbi. I believe operating an oil rig pays better than mowing lawns, so Mexicans with the talent will migrate to that industry, yes. Point is, people who are here out of desperation are not going to return home unless they feel some measure of safety and hope...so it is in America's best interests to try and find ways to support efforts in that direction.

But whether THIS loan for THIS industry is the best shot we have now, I couldn't begin to tell ya. Frankly I didn't even know there was oil in Mexico.

I don't know, The Rabbi. I believe operating an oil rig pays better than mowing lawns, so Mexicans with the talent will migrate to that industry, yes. Point is, people who are here out of desperation are not going to return home unless they feel some measure of safety and hope...so it is in America's best interests to try and find ways to support efforts in that direction.

But whether THIS loan for THIS industry is the best shot we have now, I couldn't begin to tell ya. Frankly I didn't even know there was oil in Mexico.

I know all the Mexicans at my local Home Depot are qualified to give breast exams!

A "Stimulus Package" for Mexicans i guess. Makes perfect sense coming from this disastrous Administration. People are beginning to realize that this President and his party just don't have American Citizens' best interests at heart anymore. Just look at them calling fellow citizens in Arizona racists and then suing them. It is very sad but it is what it is. Make 2010 count people. Get out and vote.

A "Stimulus Package" for Mexicans i guess. Makes perfect sense coming from this disastrous Administration. People are beginning to realize that this President and his party just don't have American Citizens' best interests at heart anymore. Just look at them calling fellow citizens in Arizona racists and then suing them. It is very sad but it is what it is. Make 2010 count people. Get out and vote.

Yes, it is once again an example of the wooden ear this administration has for the American people. They are totally out of touch with them and the realities they face. They show it every day with this sort of stuff. The technical niceties will be lost on American oil workers idled by the Administration's illegal diktat.

We're not responsible for Mexico. It's not our onus to create them a middle class. That's their issue and their problem. We'd have no problems with illegal immigration if we started locking up employers who exploited illegal labor. If there are no jobs for them here, they won't come.

We certainly do need border security and American businesses that will not hire illegals, Dont Taz Me Bro (still my fav USMB nick of all time, BTW). I just don't think those two measures alone will work....I think we need to face the fact that Mexico is nearly uninhabitable in places, and try and aid their government to re-create opportunity.

I am not sure how to do this and I admit that. I am happier with a loan than I would be with a hand out, though.

Yes, it is once again an example of the wooden ear this administration has for the American people. They are totally out of touch with them and the realities they face. They show it every day with this sort of stuff. The technical niceties will be lost on American oil workers idled by the Administration's illegal diktat.

Whats even worse is how this just shows ignorance again. If you believe as I do, that Obama is ultimately against US drilling in the gulf. Then how does he square this with that ideal? What happens when a Mexican Deep water rig blows up in the gulf, and oil is landing on our shore?

Just not logical.

Whats even worse is how this just shows ignorance again. If you believe as I do, that Obama is ultimately against US drilling in the gulf. Then how does he square this with that ideal? What happens when a Mexican Deep water rig blows up in the gulf, and oil is landing on our shore?

Just not logical.

Actually it isnt likely to happen because oil rigs are very safe. Thus the moratorium by the administration is misplaced and wrong-headed.

The Rabbi, Obama did not ban all offshore drilling, just deep water. The loan in your Op is not for deep water drilling.

AND the TEMPORARY ban is not even for ALL deep water drilling, those that existed before the spill are carrying on business as usual....the temporary ban is only for NEW deep water drilling, so that these NEW businesses can be inspected and given time to develop THEIR plans on how they would stop another catastrophe, as the gulf oil spill that just happened, from my understanding of it? Am I wrong?

Yes, I imagine PEMEX is goning to use the $1 B to upgrade the safety of their offshore drilling operations.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

And Santa will slide down your chimny and leave you presents this Christmas if you're a good girl.

I think we need to face the fact that Mexico is nearly uninhabitable in places, and try and aid their government to re-create opportunity.

It's the government that is the problem. It's incredibly corrupt, so unless we're prepared to go in and forcibly remove them there is not a whole lot we can do, nor should we.

You could be right....certainly there are corrupt government officials. And Samson could be right...mebbe this is really some sinister backroom deal with Caledron.

I just do not think we can survive unlimited immigration from Mexico, so letting it go down in flames seems unwise to me. Call me crazy, but with a foreign aid budget of some Billions, seems to me we could spare a few bucks to help save our own asses.

You could be right....certainly there are corrupt government officials. And Samson could be right...mebbe this is really some sinister backroom deal with Caledron.

I just do not think we can survive unlimited immigration from Mexico, so letting it go down in flames seems unwise to me. Call me crazy, but with a foreign aid budget of some Billions, seems to me we could spare a few bucks to help save our own asses.

We need to end all immigration. It's time to bring back 'Operation Wetback' from the Eisenhower Administration. Either that or Internment Camps to put them in until we can deport them deep into southern Mexico by cargo ships. This country was created by White people and it should stay that way.

How Eisenhower solved illegal border crossings from Mexico / The Christian Science Monitor - CSMonitor.com

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RoKl47nK04M]YouTube - Will the White Race Survive?[/ame]

I couldn't open the first link. The FOXNews link was about a loan for Mexico, but not for deep water drilling.

Are we supposed to be more secure if Mexico's economy is even worse?

Gheesh....

No.
Both stories were the same: The U.S. is guaranteeing a loan to PEMEX, which is the Mexican gov'ts oil company for offshore drilling in the Gulf.
The issue is that if Obama really thinks drilling in the Gulf is so dangerous that he's going to ban U.S. companies from doing it, then why is he enabling a Mexican company to do it?
Either the ban is wrong and drilling is OK.
Or the ban is right and the loan guarantee is bad policy.
Or the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing in the Obama Administration.

Keep in mind that the drilling moratorium has cost thousands of jobs and hundreds of millions of dollars.

And George Soros is making millions because of it.

Yup....Obama knows how to reward his buddies.

Not allowing American companies to drill in the gulf, while Mexican countries continue to drill - is like having a "no pissing" section of the pool.

It's not just Stupid, it's Obama Stupid!

Not allowing American companies to drill in the gulf, while Mexican countries continue to drill - is like having a "no pissing" section of the pool.

It's not just Stupid, it's Obama Stupid!

Obama stupid can only be cured with witchcraft.

Perhap O'Donnel will brew up some Anti-Obama-Stupid Brew?

hahaha-024.gif

She and Palin are already reducing Obomots to trembling heaps.

Forum List

Back