Obama gets taxpayers to fund campaign drive

naturegirl

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2011
NW Georgia
HHS has just signed a 20 million $ PR Contract to promote Obamacare. Great timing, in the middle of his re-election campaign. That's 20 million of his campaign war chest he won't have to spend.

<snip>
The Health and Human Services Department has signed a $20 million contract with a public-relations firm to highlight part of the Affordable Care Act.

The new, multimedia ad campaign is designed to educate the public about how to stay healthy and prevent illnesses, an HHS official said.

The campaign was mandated by the Affordable Care Act and must describe the importance of prevention while also explaining preventive benefits provided by the healthcare law. The law makes many preventive services available without a co-pay or deductible, and provides new preventive benefits to Medicare patients.

HHS signs $20M PR contract to promote healthcare law - The Hill's Healthwatch

Government advertising itself.. one of the biggest scams of our overbloated government and its spending addiction... well, not as big a scam as obamalamacare itself, but still a big scam... and it has been for a long time

Just think how many mortgages 20 million could save. How many jobs it could create if it was invested in the private sector. Darn, just darn................he's so connected to the voters, isn't he??

Thanks for the good news. Obama is raking the money. Perhaps the Kohl brothers will make up the gap.

Since he can't run on it himself, he's just letting Sellibus spend 20 million to see if it sticks. He can then blame someone else if it fails and if it doesn't work, nothing lost from his campaign chest.

Just think how many mortgages 20 million could save. How many jobs it could create if it was invested in the private sector. Darn, just darn................he's so connected to the voters, isn't he??

About a hundred out of the estimated 3 plus million still upside down? That is far fewer than how many people win the lotteries in the U S.

You are an idiot.

Last edited:
Thanks for the good news. Obama is raking the money. Perhaps the Kohl brothers will make up the gap.
Good. Then you won't mind when Republicans kick his ass out of the White House, Obama will take his money and run.

We're going to trash the debt, balance the budget, get people employed, and pull American values back up.

Have a nice day. I'm going to. :)

About a hundred out of the estimated 3 plus million still upside down?

You are an idiot.

So a hundred people being able to stay in their homes makes me an idiot?? I'm guessing it would be more than a 100 but what do I know. :eusa_whistle:

Thanks for the good news. Obama is raking the money.(wrong...tax payer money) Perhaps the Kohl brothers will make up the gap.(wrong....Koch brothers)

Once again.....2/3 of a post of your is factually incorrect.

About a hundred out of the estimated 3 plus million still upside down? That is far fewer than how many people win the lotteries in the U S.

You are an idiot.

yeah...such a small amount......so just fuck em.

Asshole.

HHS has just signed a 20 million $ PR Contract to promote Obamacare. Great timing, in the middle of his re-election campaign. That's 20 million of his campaign war chest he won't have to spend.

<snip>
The Health and Human Services Department has signed a $20 million contract with a public-relations firm to highlight part of the Affordable Care Act.

The new, multimedia ad campaign is designed to educate the public about how to stay healthy and prevent illnesses, an HHS official said.

The campaign was mandated by the Affordable Care Act and must describe the importance of prevention while also explaining preventive benefits provided by the healthcare law. The law makes many preventive services available without a co-pay or deductible, and provides new preventive benefits to Medicare patients.

Can you explain in detail how this is money Obama would have otherwise spent out of his campaigning funds? I am not seeing the connection.

You are an idiot.

yeah...such a small amount......so just fuck em.

Asshole.

Sorry moron...I don't subscribe to the Christian Fascist mission statement.

On the other hand getting a message out about a federal program that affects all of us at 9 cents a customer is a pretty good bargain in advertising.

Last edited:

<snip>

Can you explain in detail how this is money Obama would have otherwise spent out of his campaigning funds? I am not seeing the connection.

He can't campaign on ObamaCare, it isn't looking so good for him. So he's using taxpayer money to see what parts of it folks might take a liking to. He's got the feelers out there at our expense.

<snip>

He can't campaign on ObamaCare, it isn't looking so good for him. So he's using taxpayer money to see what parts of it folks might take a liking to. He's got the feelers out there at our expense.

But your own link says "The campaign was mandated by the Affordable Care Act" which means this was a part of the bill already and was planned from the beginning. You're acting as if this is something Obama just decided to do now to save himself some money. When in reality, it's nothing like that at all.

But your own link says "The campaign was mandated by the Affordable Care Act" which means this was a part of the bill already and was planned from the beginning. You're acting as if this is something Obama just decided to do now to save himself some money. When in reality, it's nothing like that at all.

I truly think you are that naive, I think it's rather coincidental they have decided to run this PR campaign right now. After all it's been on the books for a couple of years .

I also appreciate the responses without the traditional name calling and insults. Thank you for that.

Forum List

Back