Obama gets first pitch to home plate

CrimsonWhite

*****istrator Emeritus
Mar 13, 2006
Guntucky
Why the fuck is this even a story? He threw a ball 59 feet. Good job. :cool:

ST. LOUIS -- President Barack Obama was true to his word: He didn't bounce it.

Determined his ceremonial first pitch at the All-Star Game would reach the plate on the fly Tuesday night, Obama delivered -- barely. St. Louis Cardinals slugger Albert Pujols helped him, moving up to scoop the low toss inches off the dirt.

"We did a little practicing in the Rose Garden," Obama said during a half-inning with the Fox broadcasters. "This is as much fun as I've had in quite some time."

Television viewers, however, were initially left to wonder whether the presidential pitch skipped. The TV angle cut off Pujols' catch, and many people at Busch Stadium weren't completely sure.

President Barack Obama meets challenge of All-Star Game first pitch - ESPN

Why the fuck is this even a story? He threw a ball 59 feet. Good job. :cool:

ST. LOUIS -- President Barack Obama was true to his word: He didn't bounce it.

Determined his ceremonial first pitch at the All-Star Game would reach the plate on the fly Tuesday night, Obama delivered -- barely. St. Louis Cardinals slugger Albert Pujols helped him, moving up to scoop the low toss inches off the dirt.

"We did a little practicing in the Rose Garden," Obama said during a half-inning with the Fox broadcasters. "This is as much fun as I've had in quite some time."

Television viewers, however, were initially left to wonder whether the presidential pitch skipped. The TV angle cut off Pujols' catch, and many people at Busch Stadium weren't completely sure.

President Barack Obama meets challenge of All-Star Game first pitch - ESPN

Well, the link is ESPN, and it was a Baseball All Star Game.

You don't think they would report the President of the United States throwing out the first pitch?

I don't get why these men cannot throw a baseball, both Obama and Bush are in good shape and obviously are athletic but they both throw like a nine year old.

I don't get why these men cannot throw a baseball, both Obama and Bush are in good shape and obviously are athletic but they both throw like a nine year old.

And in Bush's case he owned a freakin' baseball team!!!

I bowl about the same and I am pretty athletic, I can pick up any sport pretty quickly but I have never been able to bowl.

'Bout as funny as when the "Old-Timers" can't throw 60 feet any more either.

More interesting to me was when he was in the broadcast booth and he seemed overwhelmed at being out-talked by McCarver.
:lol:

Forum List

Back