Obama friend's child injured, golf interrupted

Mr. H.

Diamond Member
Aug 19, 2009
A warm place with no memory.
Compassion. Priorities. I like that in a President.

Obama friend's child injured, golf interrupted - Yahoo! News

KAILUA, Hawaii – President Barack Obama abruptly ended his golf outing and sped in his motorcade to his compound Monday after he learned a friend's child was injured while playing on the beach.

Members of the first family were fine, a White House official said, speaking on the condition of anonymity because of a reluctance to discuss personal matters involving the president.

The injury to a child belonging to Eric and Cheryl Whitaker, friends of the Obamas, was described as relatively minor and that the child did not require stitches.

The president was playing golf with friends from Chicago who joined him on his holiday vacation.

Good to see somethng gets him off the course. We know Terrorist attacks can't drag him off the course. You sure about that whole priority thing? Hmm?

Last edited:
Good for President Obama to end his round of golf to ensure the child was OK

Good for President Obama to end his round of golf to ensure the child was OK

You missed the point.

GOLF got interrupted!

I mentioned it yesterday (somewhere) but it bears repetition:

Question: WHAT were the President's words when he learned that a U.S. passenger jet had been involved in an attempted act of terrorism while coming in for a landing in Detroit?

Answer: "FORE!"

It's all a matter of priority.

PR (Public Relations) is why it made the nooz. They know he is rightfully being criticized for not leaving the golf course during the recent terrorist attack. Just more PR damage control. Nothing more,nothing less.

PR (Public Relations) is why it made the nooz. They know he is rightfully being criticized for not leaving the golf course during the recent terrorist attack. Just more PR damage control. Nothing more,nothing less.

Are you claiming this is the equivalent of "My Pet Goat" ???

He was palying golf with the dad of the child injured.
No PR clean up here....he left the course as his playing partner wanted to be with his hospital bound child.
I do not see what the big deal is here.
If he did not leave, he would have been criticized as well.

In no way does this compare to his decision to NOT address the nation after the failed act of terrorism.

Forum List

Back