Obama freezes unfriendly coverage

We are talking about Faux News, not the other outlets.

But, as news outlets, although far better than Fox, they do cater too much to the administration.

When was the last time you watched Fox News, not the talk show/analysis but the news section? Part of my job is to watch all the news networks for analysis purposes and I have been doing this for years, Fox News, while having a slight bent (yes I said slight) to the right, is leaps and bounds more fair than any of the others in their reporting. The news segment makes a distinct effort to maintain objectivity. On the other hand CNN and MSNBC are probably the most partisan "news outlets" (tounge-in-cheek) in the country, in all honesty they should just include and affiliate of the DNC in their headers. ABC, CBS and NBC aren't that bad but at times run close seconds to CNN and MSNBC. BBC America is actually another fairly well balanced news outlet.

and perhaps doing a bit more fact checking on their stories they might gain some legitimacy back

Legitimacy with who? The looney left? Last I checked Fox SMOKES ALL the other media in terms of viewership.

And how's the NYT doing these days?

But, then again they are no CNN. LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/10/12/business/media/12fox.html
I’ve got one television station that is entirely devoted to attacking my administration,” he said in June, though he did not mention Fox by name. He added, “You’d be hard pressed if you watched the entire day to find a positive story about me on that front.”

The White House has limited administration members’ appearances on the network in recent weeks. In mid-September, when the White House booked Mr. Obama on a round robin of Sunday morning talk shows, it skipped Fox and called it an “ideological outlet,” leading the “Fox News Sunday” anchor Chris Wallace to appear on Bill O’Reilly’s prime-time show and call the administration “the biggest bunch of crybabies I have dealt with in my 30 years in Washington.”

Ms. Dunn called that remark juvenile and stressed that administration officials would still talk to Fox, and that Mr. Obama was likely to be interviewed on the network in the future. But, she added, “we’re not going to legitimize them as a news organization.”

So much for transparency...

She's right.

Maybe if they'd concentrate on news instead of reporting opinion as fact in their eagerness to cut down Obama...and perhaps doing a bit more fact checking on their stories they might gain some legitimacy back. Instead, they've hit the bottom where Dan Rather slid after his ignominious exit.

Proof of the news, being reported wrongly at Fox.

Jennings covered up/failed to report the statuatory rape of a 15 yr old boy, and that he (guilty by implication) supports NAMBLA.

Van Jones is a communist, that he was jailed for participation in the Rodney King riots.

Fox News claims that White House official worked for ACORN

Obama is a Muslim yada yada yada...

Death panels anyone?

Chris Thomas - Politics on the Rocks – Lies, Liars, and Accountability: Fox News is Having A Bad Week - True/Slant

...and so on.

She's right.

Maybe if they'd concentrate on news instead of reporting opinion as fact in their eagerness to cut down Obama...and perhaps doing a bit more fact checking on their stories they might gain some legitimacy back. Instead, they've hit the bottom where Dan Rather slid after his ignominious exit.

Jennings covered up/failed to report the statuatory rape of a 15 yr old boy, and that he (guilty by implication) supports NAMBLA.

Van Jones is a communist, that he was jailed for participation in the Rodney King riots.

Death panels anyone?

Chris Thomas - Politics on the Rocks – Lies, Liars, and Accountability: Fox News is Having A Bad Week - True/Slant

...and so on.

Yet Van Jones resigned...hmm....is Fox lying or asking questions that the other networks won't ask

and perhaps doing a bit more fact checking on their stories they might gain some legitimacy back

Legitimacy with who? The looney left? Last I checked Fox SMOKES ALL the other media in terms of viewership.

I mistakenly assumed the "looney right" was interested in impartial and accurate reporting. Maybe it's just the "not-so-looney" right.

But, keep on deflecting by bringing up the NYT....do their lapses of journalistic integrity somehow rationalize Fox's? Are you saying you are willing to accept less than accurate reporting? Maybe that is why you are a member of the "looney right" :tongue:

We are talking about Faux News, not the other outlets.

But, as news outlets, although far better than Fox, they do cater too much to the administration.

When was the last time you watched Fox News, not the talk show/analysis but the news section? Part of my job is to watch all the news networks for analysis purposes and I have been doing this for years, Fox News, while having a slight bent (yes I said slight) to the right, is leaps and bounds more fair than any of the others in their reporting. The news segment makes a distinct effort to maintain objectivity. On the other hand CNN and MSNBC are probably the most partisan "news outlets" (tounge-in-cheek) in the country, in all honesty they should just include and affiliate of the DNC in their headers. ABC, CBS and NBC aren't that bad but at times run close seconds to CNN and MSNBC. BBC America is actually another fairly well balanced news outlet.

obamalama's connection with MSNBC/Immelt/GE runs deep and wide.

I used to love Fox because they were fair & balanced, and their commentators weren't posing as straight journalists.

But shit if I can find any international news being covered in the early morning, before I go to work, which is when I like to watch the news. Their morning show completely sucks, and I never know what's going on unless I go to CNN. They might suck up to Obama, but at least I can get a LITTLE bit of what's going on world wide.

I mistakenly assumed the "looney right" was interested in impartial and accurate reporting. Maybe it's just the "not-so-looney" right.

But, keep on deflecting by bringing up the NYT....do their lapses of journalistic integrity somehow rationalize Fox's? Are you saying you are willing to accept less than accurate reporting? Maybe that is why you are a member of the "looney right" :tongue:

guess what? Fox News beats all other news on cable combined. has for years, and guess what? in avoiding Fox like the plague his highness avoids many of his would be supporters. and if you think people don't notice is bias sissyfied ways when it comes to softball press you are very much mistaken. but guess what? we don't care if you like kool aid more than you like truth. we accept that that's why we call you DUmmies.:lol:

Well the left assumes the majority of Americans are morons, so that argument isn't going to go far. They believe only the elite "intelligista" (i.e., them and their handpicked friends) should dictate what news is covered, what is said about what topics, and how we should live our lives.

I used to love Fox because they were fair & balanced, and their commentators weren't posing as straight journalists.

But shit if I can find any international news being covered in the early morning, before I go to work, which is when I like to watch the news. Their morning show completely sucks, and I never know what's going on unless I go to CNN. They might suck up to Obama, but at least I can get a LITTLE bit of what's going on world wide.
You could always just log in here.

If anything worth a shit is going on in the world, you'll often see it here first.

Death panels anyone?

...and so on.

Yet Van Jones resigned...hmm....is Fox lying or asking questions that the other networks won't ask

Resignation doesn't equal truth. He resigned for a good reason - he didn't want to be a source of distraction for the administration's initiatives.

Aside from that, it isn't even remotely a question of "is" - it's a fact, supported by evidence that they lied. All your implications can't change that.

Death panels anyone?

...and so on.

Resignation doesn't equal truth. He resigned for a good reason - he didn't want to be a source of distraction for the administration's initiatives.

Aside from that, it isn't even remotely a question of "is" - it's a fact, supported by evidence that they lied. All your implications can't change that.

Research often?
Van Jones - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In 1992, while still a law student at Yale, Jones participated as a volunteer legal monitor for a protest of the Rodney King verdict in San Francisco. He and many other participants in the protest were arrested. The district attorney later dropped the charges against Jones. The arrested protesters, including Jones, won a small legal settlement. Jones later said that "the incident deepened my disaffection with the system and accelerated my political radicalization."[18] In October 2005 Jones said he was "a rowdy nationalist"[15] before the King verdict was announced, but that by August of that year (1992) he was a communist. [15]

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/10/12/business/media/12fox.html
I’ve got one television station that is entirely devoted to attacking my administration,” he said in June, though he did not mention Fox by name. He added, “You’d be hard pressed if you watched the entire day to find a positive story about me on that front.”

The White House has limited administration members’ appearances on the network in recent weeks. In mid-September, when the White House booked Mr. Obama on a round robin of Sunday morning talk shows, it skipped Fox and called it an “ideological outlet,” leading the “Fox News Sunday” anchor Chris Wallace to appear on Bill O’Reilly’s prime-time show and call the administration “the biggest bunch of crybabies I have dealt with in my 30 years in Washington.”

Ms. Dunn called that remark juvenile and stressed that administration officials would still talk to Fox, and that Mr. Obama was likely to be interviewed on the network in the future. But, she added, “we’re not going to legitimize them as a news organization.”

So much for transparency...

She's right.

I always like reading your input Coyote, but, this time I have a problem with what you say. Basically, what you and they seem to be calling for is the government dictating what the press can tell us. Either Fox News buckles under to the President's whims or Fox will not be allowed access to the White House.

And if all the other "News" agencies have already capitulated then where do we stand?

Immie

I do see what you are saying and I understand the problem and agree in prinicple...but it seems that Fox has become much more along the lines of something like the National Enquirer than a legitimate news organization. The number of lies that go uncorrected, news being created rather than reported, facts that are unchecked and opinion disguised as news - is mind-boggling. That is what brought the likes of Dan Rather - rightfully - to his knees. And some of those unsubstantiated falsehoods are downright slanderous like what was reported about Jennings. It seems that right now Fox has dropped the ball badly on journalistic integrity and being relegated to tabloid status is the price for going down that road.

The administration isn't saying it won't have anything to do with Fox, it's just limiting it but that does not stop Fox from participating with the rest of the media in press reviews etc. I suspect that the previous administration's officials made many more appearances on Fox than on the likes of the far less friendly MSNBC so I'm not sure this is really the issue they make it out to be.

She's right.

I always like reading your input Coyote, but, this time I have a problem with what you say. Basically, what you and they seem to be calling for is the government dictating what the press can tell us. Either Fox News buckles under to the President's whims or Fox will not be allowed access to the White House.

And if all the other "News" agencies have already capitulated then where do we stand?

Immie

I do see what you are saying and I understand the problem and agree in prinicple...but it seems that Fox has become much more along the lines of something like the National Enquirer than a legitimate news organization. The number of lies that go uncorrected, news being created rather than reported, facts that are unchecked and opinion disguised as news - is mind-boggling. That is what brought the likes of Dan Rather - rightfully - to his knees. And some of those unsubstantiated falsehoods are downright slanderous like what was reported about Jennings. It seems that right now Fox has dropped the ball badly on journalistic integrity and being relegated to tabloid status is the price for going down that road.

The administration isn't saying it won't have anything to do with Fox, it's just limiting it but that does not stop Fox from participating with the rest of the media in press reviews etc. I suspect that the previous administration's officials made many more appearances on Fox than on the likes of the far less friendly MSNBC so I'm not sure this is really the issue they make it out to be.

Just like your Van Jones example....

but it seems that Fox has become much more along the lines of something like the National Enquirer than a legitimate news organization.

Fox is, and has been, the mouth piece of the GOP. Even Murdock says so and he owns the darn station. So, if the owner says his station is the GOP mouthpiece, only an ID10T would argue with him.

but it seems that Fox has become much more along the lines of something like the National Enquirer than a legitimate news organization.

Fox is, and has been, the mouth piece of the GOP. Even Murdock says so and he owns the darn station. So, if the owner says his station is the GOP mouthpiece, only an ID10T would argue with him.

link to his direct quote and in context please?

Sorry, I must agree with Obama on this one. Fox "news" isn't a valid news organization anymore. It's more like Rush Limbaugh TV.

Sucks really bad. So bad in fact I went back to network news.

Research often?
Van Jones - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In 1992, while still a law student at Yale, Jones participated as a volunteer legal monitor for a protest of the Rodney King verdict in San Francisco. He and many other participants in the protest were arrested. The district attorney later dropped the charges against Jones. The arrested protesters, including Jones, won a small legal settlement. Jones later said that "the incident deepened my disaffection with the system and accelerated my political radicalization."[18] In October 2005 Jones said he was "a rowdy nationalist"[15] before the King verdict was announced, but that by August of that year (1992) he was a communist. [15]

Check your reading skills:

Glenn Beck, among others, said that Van Jones went to prison for taking part in the Rodney King riots. The riots were not in San Francisco but Los Angeles. Van Jones was, as you noted "participated as a volunteer legal monitor for a protest of the Rodney King verdict in San Francisco" - a protest that according to witness' and court findings, was peaceful. That is a huge difference from "taking part in the Rodney King riots".

Secondly, the communist comments. Key word, present tense: is.

Fox News reported - in many different ways, all present tense - that he is a communist (usually textured with "rabid", "radical", "unabashed" or some such terms.)

As your own source says: he was a communist. Everything in his records and writings however indicates he has long since taken up capitalism as the means for social change.

Forum List

Back