obama fort bliss speech met with silence

I was finishing my breakfast at one of my favorite dining establishments. My partner and I meet there a couple of times a week to discuss business. Today, it was pretty busy so they seated us in the bar. Initially, the TV was turned to some kind of sales network, hawking all kinds of shit. By the time we finished eating, there were six people in the bar: two guys and a gal seated at the bar, an older gent opposite them, my partner and I at a table.
The channel changed and here we have obama glad-handing the troops, what a photo op. Then he mounted the podium and started drooling his diarrhea of the mouth. Both the younger guys and the gal dropped money on the bar to cover their tabs. They made it very obvious they had no desire to have this shit inflicted upon them. I asked the bartender if she could change the channel to some sports show and she told me the older guy (the boss) had selected that channel. I paid my tab and we left immediately. I doubt the boss even noticed that he had pretty much cleared the bar.
My partner was embarrassed because I made it clear why I was leaving. I will not let them seat me in the bar again, ever.

really? I just saw a clip on the evening news that showed the soldiers chanting.

Well, you know, you weren't supposed to actually CHECK the truth of the OP. Shame on you.

Maybe if you actually read the article you would have seen this

President Barack Obama was greeted with fleeting applause and extended periods of silence as he offered profuse praise to soldiers and their families during an Aug. 31 speech in Fort Bliss, Texas.

Certainly not the obsequious applause Bam Bam is used to

He talked about drawing down troops in afghanistan, he told troops he wouldn't be cutting from them, he wants more mental health for troops and help for soldiers who want to move on from the army. Everyone was very pleased with his speech.

I was finishing my breakfast at one of my favorite dining establishments. My partner and I meet there a couple of times a week to discuss business. Today, it was pretty busy so they seated us in the bar. Initially, the TV was turned to some kind of sales network, hawking all kinds of shit. By the time we finished eating, there were six people in the bar: two guys and a gal seated at the bar, an older gent opposite them, my partner and I at a table.
The channel changed and here we have obama glad-handing the troops, what a photo op. Then he mounted the podium and started drooling his diarrhea of the mouth. Both the younger guys and the gal dropped money on the bar to cover their tabs. They made it very obvious they had no desire to have this shit inflicted upon them. I asked the bartender if she could change the channel to some sports show and she told me the older guy (the boss) had selected that channel. I paid my tab and we left immediately. I doubt the boss even noticed that he had pretty much cleared the bar.
My partner was embarrassed because I made it clear why I was leaving. I will not let them seat me in the bar again, ever.

Way to advertise the fact that you are an asshole. Congratulations.

Last edited:
The dude had throngs of our nation's finest swarming him just to get a chance to meet him and shake his hand at the end of the speech. There is no other way to describe the scene. The CIC has the respect of the servicemen and women at Ft. Bliss.

The dude had throngs of our nation's finest swarming him just to get a chance to meet him and shake his hand at the end of the speech. There is no other way to describe the scene. The CIC has the respect of the servicemen and women at Ft. Bliss.

It's good to know they are professional enough and honorable enough to ignore the Republican effort to undermine their morale.

Forum List

Back