Obama forces Marines to undergo gay training

The Infidel

EVIL CONSERVATIVE
May 19, 2010
AMERITOPIA

(AP) CAMP PENDLETON, California (AP) — Marines fighting in Afghanistan will begin undergoing training to prepare for the repeal of the military's ban on openly gay troops, and most will have participated in the mandatory classes before they return home, a senior U.S. Marine general in the country said Thursday.

Maj. Gen. Richard Mills told reporters in a teleconference call from Helmand province that Marines coming off the battlefield will undergo formal classes, discussion groups and "extensive" training to make sure each individual understands the new rules.

It was the first time the Marines Corps has revealed specific details on how it plans to train troops for the repeal of "don't ask don't tell" policy, which will allow gays to serve openly in the U.S. military. The military's smallest branch was the most resistant to the change, according to a Pentagon survey of 400,000 active duty and reservists taken before Congress approved lifting the ban.

But since the vote, Marine Corps leaders have vowed to lead the way in implementing the new policy. The Pentagon has distributed training guidelines to top officials of each service branch and ordered them to report on their progress every two weeks starting March 1.

Mills, who has reviewed the educational material, said it includes setting up scenarios and handling ethical discussions for troops.

"I really don't think it's going to be earthshaking for them," he said, adding later: "Young Marines will be receptive to it."

He said the classes' instructors will be trained in the next month or so.

Final implementation of the new policy will go into effect 60 days after the president and his senior defense advisers certify that lifting the ban won't hurt troops' ability to fight.

The Marine Corps' top leader, Gen. James Amos, previously expressed concern that the change could disrupt the cohesion of combat units where troops must put their lives in each other's hands. Now that the Department of Defense is moving to lift the ban by year's end, Amos has said he wants Marines to excel in following the rules. He told troops in a video message last month that the Marine Corps will "step out smartly" to implement the change and be respectful of any gay recruit.

Mills said it has been a non-issue on the battlefield.

"'Don't ask, don't tell' out here has not had much impact," said the general, who is in charge of coalition forces in southwest Afghanistan, where fighting is the heaviest.

Later, he added with a chuckle: "There's not a lot of dating of any kind that goes on out here, so it's not really come up."

As troops come off the battlefield, Mills said they will have time to rest and focus their attention before starting the classes. Most troops in Afghanistan will begin their training while still deployed, but those who cannot for some reason will attend sessions at U.S. bases, Mills said.

:clap2: Way to go..... yeah!

Give me a freeking break! I thought it was'nt a big deal..... why do they have to teach them how to be civil? I thought this was all normal.... Why do they have to be taught what should just come naturally?

:eusa_think:

Who cares? It will just be another thing added to the list of stupid, and for the most part unnecessary, ancillary training courses the military has to take.

What planet does this guy live on . . . ? More depraved homo-fascist bull! Since the gay lifestyle is unnatural and deviant behavior, the Marines have to propagandize the troops. The communists call it re-education. Semper fi will prevail, and there will be massive resistance until the Republicans reinstitute the DADT policy. And the Marxist Prez will go back to being a neighbohood organizer. Change your diet to exclude all artificial ingredients including artificial contrivances. The Natural Guy

Gomer Pyle was gay..

gomer-pyle.jpg

Surprise....Surprise

Gomer Pyle was gay..

gomer-pyle.jpg

Surprise....Surprise

You are aware that he was not a real person, right? It's Jim Nabors you're referring to. Since you can't tell the difference between a fictional character and a real person, I think that helps me to know how seriously to take your opinions.

I hope they learn something

I hope you do. But first you would have to recognize that you are ignorant.

I'm sorry CaliGurl but your insults are getting pretty lame

Please go back and get a better one. You can do better than this

Really? Being ignorant is an insult? Oh. See, I always thought ignorant meant uneducated. Everyone is ignorant in some subjects. I know I am. Difference between us, I know where I am ignorant. I generally tend to not have opinions about subjects on which I am ignorant. I am smart enough to know what I don't know.

Gomer Pyle was gay..

gomer-pyle.jpg

Surprise....Surprise

You are aware that he was not a real person, right? It's Jim Nabors you're referring to. Since you can't tell the difference between a fictional character and a real person, I think that helps me to know how seriously to take your opinions.

:disbelief:

Do you mean to say Jin Nabors was not REALLY Gomer Pyle?

Thanks for informing all the board members......you really are a lot smarter than the rest of us

I hope you do. But first you would have to recognize that you are ignorant.

I'm sorry CaliGurl but your insults are getting pretty lame

Please go back and get a better one. You can do better than this

Really? Being ignorant is an insult? Oh. See, I always thought ignorant meant uneducated. Everyone is ignorant in some subjects. I know I am. Difference between us, I know where I am ignorant. I generally tend to not have opinions about subjects on which I am ignorant. I am smart enough to know what I don't know.

Oh ...I understand now

You are educated on this issue..

Then maybe you can explain to the rest of the board the issue of gay tollerance in the military and why training is not needed

Gomer Pyle was gay..

gomer-pyle.jpg

Surprise....Surprise

:disbelief:

Do you mean to say Jin Nabors was not REALLY Gomer Pyle?

Thanks for informing all the board members......you really are a lot smarter than the rest of us

Yea, I know the difference between a fictional character and a real person. Surprise, surprise, surprise.

*tollerance*. If one is going to attack the intelligence of another poster, one should probably use spell check to catch glaring boo boos.

Forum List

Back