Obama Focuses on Wind Energy in Iowa Trip

ScienceRocks

Democrat all the way!
Mar 16, 2010
The Good insane United states of America

Obama Focuses on Wind Energy in Iowa Trip - WSJ.com

Obama continued his three-day Iowa campaign tour Tuesday by shifting his focus to attacks against Republican Mitt Romney and his running mate, Paul Ryan, over alternative energy issues.

By Carol E. Lee

President Barack Obama speaks during a campaign event at the Nelson Pioneer Farm & Museum, Tuesday, Aug. 14, 2012, in Oskaloosa, Iowa, during a three day campaign bus tour through Iowa.
Associated Press

OSKALOOSA, Iowa – President Barack Obama continued his three-day Iowa campaign tour Tuesday by shifting his focus to attacks against Republican Mitt Romney and his running mate, Paul Ryan, over alternative energy issues.

Mr. Obama zeroed in on wind energy, one of this battleground state’s signature industries, seizing on a new Energy Department that says Congress’ failure to extend wind-energy tax credits by the end of the year would dramatically slow growth in an industry that supports about 75,000 jobs.

The president criticized Mr. Romney for wanting to end wind-energy tax credits and mocked the Republican candidate’s assertion that “You can’t drive a car with a windmill on it.” He joked: “I don’t know if he’s actually tried that. I know he’s had other things on his car,” Mr. Obama said, referring to a now-notorious road trip in which the Romney family dog traveled in a carrier on the roof.

“He’s said new sources of energy like wind are ‘imaginary.’ His running mate calls them a ‘fad,’” Mr. Obama told a crowd at a farm here. “But if he really wants to learn something about wind, all he has to do is pay attention to what you’ve been doing here in Iowa.”

Mr. Obama noted that the wind industry supports roughly 7,000 jobs in the state and generates about 20% of its electricity. He renewed his call for an end to government subsidies for oil companies and more bolstering of alternative energy sources. Republicans have opposed ending subsidies for oil companies, which Mr. Obama has proposed numerous times since taking office.

Both candidates are battling for votes in the Midwest, including Iowa and Ohio, where Mr. Romney was campaigning Tuesday.

Mr. Obama is scheduled to campaign in Iowa through Wednesday. His bus tour is a mix of stump speeches and unannounced retail politicking stops. He stopped for a snow cone and dropped by the Iowa State Fair Monday to shake hands and try a pork chop on a stick. He began Tuesday morning with a workout at a local gym and some muffins and cinnamon rolls at a coffee shop on the town square in Knoxville.

He’s scheduled to hold events in Marshalltown and Waterloo later Tuesday.

I think Romney should come out in say that he supports all forms of energy. He doesn't want to go against wind power or he might lose a large part of the Midwest. :eusa_boohoo: Wind power in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Romney should support the same advantages from coal to wind. All forms of energy are needed in telling tens of thousands of workers that I'm not going to support you. well, isn't a good way to gain support.

As of 31 March 2012 (2012 -03-31)[update], the top five states with the most wind capacity installed are:[16][9][17]

Texas (10,648 MW)
Iowa (4,419 MW)

Last edited:
why doesn't Chicago run on wind? Isn't it called the windy city?

so he's not willing to put his money where his big mouff is is he?

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

bhos-9-9-9-plan.jpg

[Wind Energy, light energy, clean vehicles....... All the same load of horse cr@p.
If Obama had started out as a venture capitalist he would have ended up standing on the exit 48 offramp of the Merritt holding a sign reading 'Will work For Food". Instead he's made his career choice in promising people that if they "Vote for me and I will steal from he to give to thee". Based on Mr Obama's career success up till this moment, when PT Barnum uttered his famous "There's one born every minute" statement, Mr Barnum was actually grievously understating the situation]

"Fisker Automotive can't seem to catch break -- because its Karma hybrid EV sedan has yet again become too hot. Similar to an incident last spring that left a model burnt to near smithereens and damaged its owner's house, the Karma above caught fire in a Woodside, CA parking lot while powered off. Jalopnik was the first to get word of the incident, noting that the damage remained reserved to the front left of the vehicle, near where an exhaust is located. As the story goes, the owner found the vehicle emitting smoke after returning from a grocery run, prompting a call to Fisker and then the local fire department, which arrived as it was already engulfed in flames. In a statement to Wired's Autopia, Fisker has been vehement to note that the damage appears to be far from where the car's battery and sensitive electrical components are located, and that it wasn't plugged in for a charge -- furthermore, it's already had correspondence with the owner and is actively investigating the matter with plans to issue an update when there are findings to share."

Fisker Karma owner returns from grocery run to find hybrid EV on fire -- Engadget

The next thing thats liable to tickle Obama's environmental fancy will be hydrogen filled dirigibles.
"Let's see? Shall I sink five, ten, or fifteen billion in some of those? Its only the taxpayers money."

The next thing thats liable to tickle Obama's environmental fancy will be hydrogen filled dirigibles.
"Let's see? Shall I sink five, ten, or fifteen billion in some of those? Its only the taxpayers money."

So you're against an entire energy industry? I don't support giving them an advantage over anything, but do supporting giving them an even playing field. :eusa_shhh:

This is tens of thousands of jobs we're talking about.

Obama Focuses on Wind Energy in Iowa Trip - WSJ.com

Obama continued his three-day Iowa campaign tour Tuesday by shifting his focus to attacks against Republican Mitt Romney and his running mate, Paul Ryan, over alternative energy issues.

By Carol E. Lee

President Barack Obama speaks during a campaign event at the Nelson Pioneer Farm & Museum, Tuesday, Aug. 14, 2012, in Oskaloosa, Iowa, during a three day campaign bus tour through Iowa.
Associated Press

OSKALOOSA, Iowa – President Barack Obama continued his three-day Iowa campaign tour Tuesday by shifting his focus to attacks against Republican Mitt Romney and his running mate, Paul Ryan, over alternative energy issues.

Mr. Obama zeroed in on wind energy, one of this battleground state’s signature industries, seizing on a new Energy Department that says Congress’ failure to extend wind-energy tax credits by the end of the year would dramatically slow growth in an industry that supports about 75,000 jobs.

The president criticized Mr. Romney for wanting to end wind-energy tax credits and mocked the Republican candidate’s assertion that “You can’t drive a car with a windmill on it.” He joked: “I don’t know if he’s actually tried that. I know he’s had other things on his car,” Mr. Obama said, referring to a now-notorious road trip in which the Romney family dog traveled in a carrier on the roof.

“He’s said new sources of energy like wind are ‘imaginary.’ His running mate calls them a ‘fad,’” Mr. Obama told a crowd at a farm here. “But if he really wants to learn something about wind, all he has to do is pay attention to what you’ve been doing here in Iowa.”

Mr. Obama noted that the wind industry supports roughly 7,000 jobs in the state and generates about 20% of its electricity. He renewed his call for an end to government subsidies for oil companies and more bolstering of alternative energy sources. Republicans have opposed ending subsidies for oil companies, which Mr. Obama has proposed numerous times since taking office.

Both candidates are battling for votes in the Midwest, including Iowa and Ohio, where Mr. Romney was campaigning Tuesday.

Mr. Obama is scheduled to campaign in Iowa through Wednesday. His bus tour is a mix of stump speeches and unannounced retail politicking stops. He stopped for a snow cone and dropped by the Iowa State Fair Monday to shake hands and try a pork chop on a stick. He began Tuesday morning with a workout at a local gym and some muffins and cinnamon rolls at a coffee shop on the town square in Knoxville.

He’s scheduled to hold events in Marshalltown and Waterloo later Tuesday.

I think Romney should come out in say that he supports all forms of energy. He doesn't want to go against wind power or he might lose a large part of the Midwest. :eusa_boohoo: Wind power in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Romney should support the same advantages from coal to wind. All forms of energy are needed in telling tens of thousands of workers that I'm not going to support you. well, isn't a good way to gain support.

As of 31 March 2012 (2012 -03-31)[update], the top five states with the most wind capacity installed are:[16][9][17]

Texas (10,648 MW)
Iowa (4,419 MW)

He has.
Appearing with Ohio Senator Rob Portman, whom he passed over as his vice presidential running mate in favor of congressman Paul Ryan, Romney said that if elected he would pursue a policy to take advantage of "all our energy resources."

Romney, Obama in rare battle over energy policy - Yahoo! News

I ate a pound of grapes a couple of hours ago which causes major flatus. I'll do my part.

Forum List

Back