Obama Focused Like A Laser On Averting Fiscal Cliff … No, Not Really … Has 25 White H

Stephanie

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2004
so sorry but you people were duped
LINKS in article at site.

SNIP:
Priorities.

Via WaTi:

Since returning from a trip to Southeast Asia on Nov. 21, President Obama has managed to play three rounds of golf but has met face to face only once with House Speaker John A. Boehner, the man with whom he is trying to strike a deal on taxes and spending that could prevent another recession.

“I think you’ve seen the president actively engaged in moving the process forward,” Mr. Carney said. “The president has made clear his willingness to negotiate and compromise.”

Mr. Obama has spoken with Mr. Boehner by phone several times, and the conversations have been described as everything from “curt” to “cordial.” Nobody on either side has ventured to describe them as “productive.” [...]

An administration official said the White House is hosting more than 25 holiday parties this month. A White House spokesman wouldn’t confirm that number but said the president and first lady are hosting parties for “volunteers, members of Congress, White House staff, Secret Service personnel, White House reporters and Americans from across the country.” In all, about 14,000 people will attend a White House party or reception this holiday season.

all of it here
Obama Focused Like A Laser On Averting Fiscal Cliff … No, Not Really … Has 25 White House Parties Scheduled, No Time For Boehner… | Weasel Zippers

The Republicans must be incredibly busy if they can't even find the time to extend the Bush tax cuts for the bottom 98 percent.

Is their printer broken? Is the secretary out sick? What?

SNIP:
Priorities.

Via WaTi:

Since returning from a trip to Southeast Asia on Nov. 21, President Obama has managed to play three rounds of golf but has met face to face only once with House Speaker John A. Boehner, the man with whom he is trying to strike a deal on taxes and spending that could prevent another recession.

“I think you’ve seen the president actively engaged in moving the process forward,” Mr. Carney said. “The president has made clear his willingness to negotiate and compromise.”

Mr. Obama has spoken with Mr. Boehner by phone several times, and the conversations have been described as everything from “curt” to “cordial.” Nobody on either side has ventured to describe them as “productive.” [...]

An administration official said the White House is hosting more than 25 holiday parties this month. A White House spokesman wouldn’t confirm that number but said the president and first lady are hosting parties for “volunteers, members of Congress, White House staff, Secret Service personnel, White House reporters and Americans from across the country.” In all, about 14,000 people will attend a White House party or reception this holiday season.

all of it here
Obama Focused Like A Laser On Averting Fiscal Cliff … No, Not Really … Has 25 White House Parties Scheduled, No Time For Boehner… | Weasel Zippers

Nothing ever changes. The son remains the same: poll: President Bush should cancel White House Christmas parties

2008, while Rome burned, Bush partied.

SNIP:
Priorities.

Via WaTi:

all of it here

Nothing ever changes. The son remains the same: poll: President Bush should cancel White House Christmas parties

and here we are today with Obama focused laser like..

December 17, 2008. Rush Limbaugh gushes:

RUSH: Now, last night, ladies and gentlemen, I had the honor of once again being invited, and thus I attended, the White House Christmas party. President and Mrs. Bush do this three times a week for a couple or three weeks and every night is a different group of people, and last night was the media, the media's turn to go in.

A Thrilling Evening at the White House Christmas Party - The Rush Limbaugh Show

is that suppose to mean something?:lol:
good grief, Obama is wailing we are going over some cliff

SNIP:
Priorities.

Via WaTi:

all of it here

And here we will be next year.

As soon as Congress gets its shit together and does what the People decided in this past election, I'm sure Obama will be more than happy to sign the bill.

Until then, he has nothing more to do. He has told them what the People re-elected him to do, and now they just need to do it.

What is taking them so long to write a bill that extends the Bush tax cuts for the lower 98%?

Why is the GOP holding 98 percent of America hostage at the edge of the cliff?

Hmmmm...

Last edited:

And here we will be next year.

As soon as Congress gets its shit together and does what the People decided in this past election, I'm sure Obama will be more than happy to sign the bill.

Until then, he has nothing more to do. He has told them what the People re-elected him to do, and now they just need to do it.

What is taking them so long to write a bill that extends the Bush tax cuts for the lower 98%?

Hmmmm...

No they shouldn't extend it, you all wanted them to Expire before this and this was the deal that was made over the last dept ceiling request..you all should have to LIVE WITH what's coming..you elected the Dear leader..

No they shouldn't extend it, you all wanted them to Expire before this and this was the deal that was made over the last dept ceiling request..you all should have to LIVE WITH what's coming..you elected the Dear leader..

Wrong. I did not vote for Obama.

I am a Republican paleo-conservative. I stayed home on Election Day, and that is why it was the psychopaths, morons, liars, and hypocrites in the GOP that elected Obama, not me.

And now the liars and hypocrites are holding 98 percent of America hostage. Simple fact. They could easily pass a bill to extend the cuts for the 98 percent today. Right now. This very moment.

Then they could get down to the theater for the rubes about tax hikes and entitlement cuts.

Does this mean they won't attend the party at the White House for them? I bet they do!

Last edited:
No political advantage to making it look easy for either side.

Also, the best leverage for both sides occurs in the waning hours before the abyss looms.

Personally, I hope Boehner's cell phone goes dead the last ten hours.

And how many Christmas parties did Bush have?

We all know there's going to be some Christmas parties at the WH...but 25??? If you can show me in your link where it says how many Bush had, let me know. I keep trying to google how many he had and i can only find reference to ONE.

I'll wait..........................

ummm..... just as g5000 mentioned, we recently had a referendum (election) on this & the polls agree- don't hold the 98% hostage. Whats so hard to unnerstand :dunno:

ummm..... just as g5000 mentioned, we recently had a referendum (election) on this & the polls agree- don't hold the 98% hostage. Whats so hard to unnerstand :dunno:

sorry dots, we aren't like Venezuela, YET
the people put the Republicans in the house and they are telling them NO
So your mob rules don't work here

Boehner will be held responsible and we all know how much of a career politician he is just like Ryan ;)

well that's all you Obamabots care about..not what's best for the people..Of course you all don't mind RAISING taxes on OTHERS..you think it won't be YOU next..

simple minded thinking..take a stand on something...NO NEW TAXES until we see spending CUT

It's all politics!!
Obama has positioned himself to win. He wants to go over the Cliff!!!!

Once we go over they will blame it on the Republicans, then (since the Reps screwed it up) he will push to pass a separate tax cut bill for the middle class and military spending..which the Republicans can't vote against. Thus "saving" our Economy from the "Partisan" Republicans and making him the campion of the middle class and military.

Forum List

Back