Obama flips on Super Pacs, its all good now, kuze' its all about the Benjamins

Am I happy about this? Fuck no. Do I understand why he's doing it? Yep.

You Conservatives are so funny though. Your candidates have been sucking the SuperPAC dick for the better part of a year now, and every time us "libruls" have talked about publicly funded elections and getting the money out of politics, you laughed at us.

Now that Obama sees that he can't compete without getting SuperPAC money, you call him out for being "all about the Benjamins".

I still want Publicly funded election, I still want the monied interests out of politics... I am just not so naive that I think that those things can be accomplished overnight.

Did you honestly ever believe that the commercial media would give up thier election cycle cash cow?

Nah.

It's more like a Ultimate fight match where one guy speaks against using flame throwers but the ref says they are okay. So when he gets in the ring..he picks one up..because the other guy has one too.

:lol:

uh huh like the campaign public funding ?

anyway, since when do excuses count as outs for pre- advertised hypocrisy? oh wait since its a dem.

dude, try some critical thinking just once in a while, seriously, it doesn't hurt.

Here's the "critical thinking" that counts.

Obama is going to win. Because he's willing to fight on an even playing field.

That works for me.

so let me translate-

all that shit, I sallow have said over the last year and half , beliefs I supposedly held, judgments I have made, delineations on ethical moral and value terms vis a vis the right and left, the critique I aimed at others means absolutely shit.....

I am an uber partisan driven by self righteous codswallop, I don't really have any set values on anything because I am a whore to a political party, and want to be free to critique the other side for the very same thing my side does because......I lack character.

yup, I got it......its pretty pathetic actually, but not altogether surprising, whats surprising is you said it out loud.

Last edited:

anyway, since when do excuses count as outs for pre- advertised hypocrisy? oh wait since its a dem.

dude, try some critical thinking just once in a while, seriously, it doesn't hurt.

That works for me.

so let me translate-

all that shit, I sallow have said over the last year and half , beliefs I supposedly held, judgments I have made, delineations on ethical moral and value terms vis a vis the right and left, the critique I aimed at others means absolutely shit.....

I am an uber partisan driven by self righteous codswallop, I don't really have any set values on anything because I am a whore to a political party, and want to be free to critique the other side for the very same thing my side does because......I lack character.

yup, I got it......its pretty pathetic actually, but not altogether surprising, whats surprising is you said it out loud.

You mad, bro? :lol:

Nah.

It's more like a Ultimate fight match where one guy speaks against using flame throwers but the ref says they are okay. So when he gets in the ring..he picks one up..because the other guy has one too.

That works for me.

wouldn't you be more impressed if he was willing to fight from a position of disadvantage, if it meant keeping his integrity intact?

I'm used to being the underdog
Barack Obama

That works for me.

so let me translate-

:eusa_eh:mad? no,why should I be? Its your pants you dropped.

actually if you had any real character you'd be sad......but I guess its the human condition, some fish don't know they are wet.

Last edited:

That works for me.

wouldn't you be more impressed if he was willing to fight from a position of disadvantage, if it meant keeping his integrity intact?

I'm used to being the underdog
Barack Obama

In my lifetime..the most truthful, honest and principled President was Jimmy Carter followed maybe by Gerald Ford..

How'd that work out?

there's no honor in losing for stupid reasons or to unilaterally disarm.

he made the statement he did before Citizens United came down.

but he'd have to be a moron to do what you rightwingnuts want him to.

so let me translate-

actually if you had any real character you'd be sad......but I guess its the human condition, some fish don't they are wet.

Bwhuh? :eusa_eh:

Lets be clear.

They could give a rat's ass about this whole thing.

They just want Obama to lose.

Lets be clear.

They could give a rat's ass about this whole thing.

They just want Obama to lose.

i know.

Conservatives....see if you can figure out why this line of reasoning won't work....

Obama is bad for doing what we do.

Think real hard now.

This doesn't come as a shock to me.

He went back on publicly funded campaigns in 2008 and after Citizen's United it was only a matter of time until this happened especially considering how much of a hit that ruling has been with the political right's big money backers.

He would be a fool to allow them to have that kind of a funding advantage.

Funding advantage??
After Obama self rightiously called super pacs a threat to democracy.!
So, Obama is going to discard his once moral conviction to have a level playing field???
2008, democrats outspent republicans by hundreds of millions of dollars.....lol...
Republicans had to do super pacs to get the level playing field....
It's either great hypocrisy, or this President's holier than thou pious attitude about his core belief about super pacs was a lie. Or political power is the essence of the man.
Or all of the above.

Am I happy about this? Fuck no. Do I understand why he's doing it? Yep.

You Conservatives are so funny though. Your candidates have been sucking the SuperPAC dick for the better part of a year now, and every time us "libruls" have talked about publicly funded elections and getting the money out of politics, you laughed at us.

Now that Obama sees that he can't compete without getting SuperPAC money, you call him out for being "all about the Benjamins".

I still want Publicly funded election, I still want the monied interests out of politics... I am just not so naive that I think that those things can be accomplished overnight.

Its just like when a conservative cheats on his wife and the liberals say "but you conservatives say family values"

its the same thing here..obama touts how bad superpacs are then goes and does it himelf.

Nah.

Yeah same thing, hypocrisy ;)

Conservatives....see if you can figure out why this line of reasoning won't work....

Think real hard now.

No no no your missing the point totally dude.

Its not that he is bad for doing what republicans do...its that he is bad for doing what he said shouldn't be done.

Much like when he called bush's adding to the national debt unpatriotic and irresponsible but then went ahead and added even more to it once he was president. Hypocricy in words vs actions is the problem people have.

Make sure to read my first post in the thread too...i did admit I would do the same thing in his shoes.

Last edited:

He went back on publicly funded campaigns in 2008 and after Citizen's United it was only a matter of time until this happened especially considering how much of a hit that ruling has been with the political right's big money backers.

Funding advantage??
So, Obama is going to discard his once moral conviction to have a level playing field???
2008, democrats outspent republicans by hundreds of millions of dollars.....lol...
It's either great hypocrisy, or this President's holier than thou pious attitude about his core belief about super pacs was a lie. Or political power is the essence of the man.
Or all of the above.

They are a threat to Democracy.....

And CU wasn't necessary to get a level playing field. The GOP had no problem raising more money than the Dems in 2004, it's just that by the time 2008 rolled around the GOP was so toxic that the Dems easily outraised them. That's their own fault.

And Obama would be a fool not to play by the rules that Citizen United created.

Does it make him a hypocrite given his prior positions on campaign financing? Sure does but the man isn't stupid and he isn't going to give away the election to the very people who think the atrocity that is Citizen's United is a good thing. I'm all set with having one of those guys having the power to nominate Supreme Court Justices. I'll take the guy that has to reluctantly play that game all day long.

I assure you that people like yourselves don't care about the essence of the man.....nothing he does will change your opinion on that. You guys made your minds up about him before he was sworn in. You're really just pissed that you wont be able to enjoy that great financial advantage you would have had had he gone the other way.

Last edited:
Much like when he called bush's adding to the national debt unpatriotic and irresponsible but then went ahead and added even more to it once he was president. Hypocricy in words vs actions is the problem people have.

Sorry the debt thing isn't going fly when he was handed a trillion dollar deficit and a failing economy to begin. There was no way in hell the debt ceiling wasn't going to be raised no matter who was President or what they did.

You are talking two entirely different situations surrounding each President and two entirely different reasons the debt was there.

Try again.

Funding advantage??
Or all of the above.

They are a threat to Democracy.....

And CU wasn't necessary to get a level playing field. The GOP had no problem raising more money than the Dems in 2004, it's just that by the time 2008 rolled around the GOP was so toxic that the Dems easily outraised them. That's their own fault.

And Obama would be a fool not to play by the rules that Citizen United created.

Does it make him a hypocrite given his prior positions on campaign financing? Sure does but the man isn't stupid and he isn't going to give away the election to the very people who think the atrocity that is Citizen's United is a good thing. I'm all set with having one of those guys having the power to nominate Supreme Court Justices. I'll take the guy that has to reluctantly play that game all day long.

I assure you that people like yourselves don't care about the essence of the man.....nothing he does will change your opinion on that. You guys made your minds up about him before he was sworn in. You're really just pissed that you wont be able to enjoy that great financial advantage you would have had had he gone the other way.

I'm not sure what you mean by 'you guys'.....but I will suppose it to mean conservative guys. And it is absolutely false to claim that people were totally against Obama before he became sworn in. The votes tell a very different story. So do independants.
And even conservatives. There was optimism when Obama became President.
Where Obama has had almost four years in power he has shown ineptness with the
economy.
Espouses false and demeaning sterotype descriptions about conservatives.
In nature, he is a divisive man, not a unifier.
He loves his arrogance and power.
He is a blamer not an owner upper.
He will trash his faith and core beliefs to win.
In this case with super pacs, how do you trust a man that abandons his core beliefs,
instead of fighting for change that reflects his belief. Or is it, he was only being a bully because he has power.....because it's the 2nd time he has
recanted on campaign reform.
Convictionless.

Last edited:

Think real hard now.
Why is a leftist suddenly concerned with hypocrisy when they themselves never acknowledge their own?

No no no your missing the point totally dude.

Its not that he is bad for doing what republicans do...its that he is bad for doing what he said shouldn't be done.

Make sure to read my first post in the thread too...i did admit I would do the same thing in his shoes.

Sorry the debt thing isn't going fly when he was handed a trillion dollar deficit and a failing economy to begin. There was no way in hell the debt ceiling wasn't going to be raised no matter who was President or what they did.

You are talking two entirely different situations surrounding each President and two entirely different reasons the debt was there.

Try again.

That talking point is worn out man. Doesn't fly with me at all...especially considering....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCN5-ovvFL0]FLASHBACK: Obama: My Presidency Will Be 'A One-Term Proposition' If Economy Doesn't Turn In 3 Years - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:

actually if you had any real character you'd be sad......but I guess its the human condition, some fish don't they are wet.

Bwhuh? :eusa_eh:

a "fish don't know its wet"....."you don't know you're wet", in my haste to leave you I left out a word, sorry. Your pathology is, I'll say anything at anytime to make myself right and protect whomever is under scrutiny if they are on/of the left no matter the level of hypocrisy or dishonesty involved.....and I think you are totally unaware of it.... :eusa_shifty:

the Hackasourus posting above you and answering you actually has a set of values, wel, things she believes, lets say that, I would not rate them as values really, and who cares if she should be getting her Depends changed in a rubber room, at least shes a consistent babbling hack, you? you are another thing entirely... :tinfoil:

Forum List

Back