Obama flips on Super Pacs, its all good now, kuze' its all about the Benjamins

Trajan

conscientia mille testes
Jun 17, 2010
The Bay Area Soviet
Campaign finance? sorry, gotta go with the green ( first President to opt out btw, and after pledging to use that funding too tsk tsk).

Super Pacs?

CANDIDATE OBAMA: "We Will Not Take A Dime From Washington Lobbyists Or Special Interest PACs - We're Going To Change How Washington Works. They Will Not Fund My Party ..." (Sunlen Miller, "Obama Commends DNC For Cutting Lobbyist Contributions," ABC News' "Political Radar" Blog, 6/5/08)

Look, its all about the green, they all do it, he has given himself a get out of jail free card, its not like we are in the 2010 midterms where in he was still speaking out against super pacs, ( GOP Super Pacs were well funded) BUT its his ass on the line now, his reelection.

This is really a no brainer, but then again not everyone makes it a huge plank of their candidacy and then drops them so quickly ala Lobby grp. 'waivers' etc..... are there any 'principals' left of his to uphold? Or is the cupboard empty?

On another note, isn't it peculiar? when some Rep. who is a family values guy gets his wiener caught in the wrong place , the left it all over them (and not without some justice btw), as to their apparent sanctimony and hypocrisy.

Here? Now? :lol: Not a chance, this will sink almost immediately if it even trips anyone's wire at all anyway. How can this be?:eusa_shhh:

* February 7, 2012, 12:06 AM

In a Shift, Obama Campaign Moves to Support Outside ‘Super PAC’

President Barack Obama’s reelection campaign is moving to actively support a pro-Obama group that has struggled to raise money, hoping wealthy supporters will give large contributions and counter the impact of well-funded groups doing the same for Republicans.

To encourage donations, senior campaign officials, White House aides and Cabinet members will speak at fundraising events for Priorities USA, a group started by two former White House aides. The group, a so-called “Super PAC,” is legally entitled to accept unlimited donations from individuals and corporations but has failed to raise much money. Some Democrats blame lack of overt support from Mr. Obama.

The president repeatedly railed against the influence of groups like this during the 2010 midterm elections, and he rejected outside support for his 2008 campaign. Obama campaign manager Jim Messina acknowledged the contradiction in a note posted on the campaign’s blog late Monday and said Mr. Obama would still like to change the law to bar these operations.

“But this cycle, our campaign has to face the reality of the law as it currently stands,” Mr. Messina wrote. “With so much at stake, we can’t allow for two sets of rules in this election whereby the Republican nominee is the beneficiary of unlimited spending and Democrats unilaterally disarm.”

more at
In a Shift, Obama Campaign Moves to Support Outside ‘Super PAC’ - Washington Wire - WSJ

Last edited:
:lol:

This will really be fun. Running the ol' flip flop meme with a candidate like Romney.

I am sorry, this is a obama thread, please feel free to start another one on Romney for same, which I will gladly join.

so, obamas new found sppt. for super pacs? you have a comment on that are are you so in the drunk tank, you simply cannot allow yourself to realize/beleive you've been had like a $10 meth. Ho at a Kansas City truck stop?

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: NLT

This will really be fun. Running the ol' flip flop meme with a candidate like Romney.

I am sorry, this is a obama thread, please feel free to start another one on Romney for same, which I will gladly join.

so, obamas new found sppt. for super pacs? you have a comment on that are are you so in the drunk tank, you simply cannot allow yourself to realize/beleive you've been had like a $10 meth. Ho at a Kansas City truck stop?

I'm sorry this is an open forum. You can start a thread but you cannot dictate the direction it will take.

As for super pacs? Well what do you expect. The ref said Rocket Launchers were allowed in the fight. If you want to win, guess what, you pick up a Rocket Launcher. Your fantasies about drunk tanks and meth hos notwithstanding..

Please honor Trajan's request. This is an echo chamber circle jerk and only they are allowed to cum.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pD33y_T_74&feature=related]Angry Girl Part 2 - YouTube[/ame]

gop-quit-crying9.jpg

This doesn't come as a shock to me.

He went back on publicly funded campaigns in 2008 and after Citizen's United it was only a matter of time until this happened especially considering how much of a hit that ruling has been with the political right's big money backers.

He would be a fool to allow them to have that kind of a funding advantage.

Love it.

If Obama flip flops, that's perfectly acceptable to the left. But if the other guy (insert any opposition here) does it, all Hell is gonna break loose, he should not have done it... it's not fair... blah blah blah.

I'd like to kick all of them out of the beltway and our politics but as long as they are the new game in town he would be a fool not to take advantage of them, he damned sure didn't ask for things to be like this but he cannot fight the republican A-bombs with conventional weapons no matter how much they would like him to. In the end they will still vastly outspend him in PAC money.

Yeah lets make changing your mind on an issue a big thing in this election.

How do you think Romney will fare in that discussion?

Love it.

If Obama flip flops, that's perfectly acceptable to the left. But if the other guy (insert any opposition here) does it, all Hell is gonna break loose, he should not have done it... it's not fair... blah blah blah.

Where's your "is it illegal" or "what law is he breaking" comment now?

I think he's a hypocrite for making the flip just like was when he backed away from public financing 2008.

I think Citizen's United was an awful ruling. Although unlimited donations to these new Super PAC is legal, I still think they are wrong but those are the rules that were made.

Last edited:

Please honor Trajan's request. This is an echo chamber circle jerk and only they are allowed to cum.

this isn't your Occupy tent down on Shattuck, try and keep it civil...:lol:

Forum List

Back