Obama.. Flaming out..

"Worst"? Seriously?

Did he start a pointless war (or two) so his buddies could profiteer?

Did he commit any crimes?

Did he invite religious leaders and tarot card readers into the Oval Office to "help" run the nation?

He managed to get health care passed. He addressed the economy, and almost certainly had a positive effect.

I'd say he's been one of the greats. I cannot support him any longer for various reasons, but I'm not missing McCain.

++++I cannot support him any longer for various reasons...++++

Ah...:eusa_whistle:

I am almost there, but "worst president?" They got to be kidding.............:lol:

"Worst"? Seriously?

Did he start a pointless war (or two) so his buddies could profiteer?

Did he commit any crimes?

Did he invite religious leaders and tarot card readers into the Oval Office to "help" run the nation?

He managed to get health care passed. He addressed the economy, and almost certainly had a positive effect.

I'd say he's been one of the greats. I cannot support him any longer for various reasons, but I'm not missing McCain.

I am almost there, but "worst president?" They got to be kidding.............:lol:

He does appear to be in a pretty tight race with Carter so far. That's not an easy feat.:eek:

He does appear to be in a pretty tight race with Carter so far. That's not an easy feat.:eek:

Carter the best statesman America has had, bar none. I don't remember him as president. I was still in Saigon at that time.

He has yet to surpass Wilson, who I believe to be the worst president ever. He still has time though to take the lead.

I don't see how anyone can give the passover X to Bush jr. as the worst president. The republicans lost most of their base thanks to Bush, and split the party. My elders of the family all left the republican party, and they were heavily involved all their lives. Most split when he invaded Iraq ~ the final straw, was the torture.

I like Carter. I dunno when it came to be American Gospel that he sucked as a president....he was okay IMO.

As a person, I think Carter is a good man with good intentions and integrity, although I may not agree with him philosophically. As a president, he (and any other president) has an image to portray, and to me, his image was that of weakness in foreign policy. Unfortunately, presidents are judged on the events and conditions of the time they are in office, regardless of the actual causes. What I remember from the Carter years is inflation, high interest rates, Iran hostages with a weak response by Carter, gasoline shortages and rationing, and rising unemployment. I admire his work with Habitat for Humanity much much more than his presidential success, which ranks him near the bottom imo.

The hostage crisis was terrible, but that's like blaming Kennedy for the Cuban revolution and the Bay of Pigs debacle. Inflation etc. happened IMO largely because we had finally shut down the Vietnam War.

Jesus you history freaks strain my brain. What's your beef with Wilson, Sherry?

I don't have the inclination tonight to go into all the evils that bastard perpetuated. Politics aside, I think Obama is a decent person. I hold Wilson in complete contempt as a human being.

I like Carter. I dunno when it came to be American Gospel that he sucked as a president....he was okay IMO.

As a person, I think Carter is a good man with good intentions and integrity, although I may not agree with him philosophically. As a president, he (and any other president) has an image to portray, and to me, his image was that of weakness in foreign policy. Unfortunately, presidents are judged on the events and conditions of the time they are in office, regardless of the actual causes. What I remember from the Carter years is inflation, high interest rates, Iran hostages with a weak response by Carter, gasoline shortages and rationing, and rising unemployment. I admire his work with Habitat for Humanity much much more than his presidential success, which ranks him near the bottom imo.

No, not really
Sean Linnane: SECRET SERVICE HATED JIMMY CARTER

More people know Obama than McConnell. Even so, so what?

Everything is relative, dude.

Obama, the leader of the blue team, is still viewed more favorably than the leaders of the red team.

McConnell is the leader of the red team.
I agree. The leader of red team is viewed less favorably than the head of blue team. But, it don't mean squat with respect to the November elections. The real campaigning hasn't even started yet.

Forum List

Back