Obama.. Flaming out..

Lumpy 1

Diamond Member
Jun 19, 2009
Well heck.. what can you say.. The elephant in the room says he's a Democratic faux pas, fiasco, flash in the pan, flop, implosion or just a dud. It's all perspective, most agree, he's the gift that just keeps giving.

--------------------------------:udaman:

The Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll for Saturday shows that 24% of the nation's voters Strongly Approve of the way that Barack Obama is performing his role as president. Forty-five percent (45%) Strongly Disapprove, giving Obama a Presidential Approval Index rating of -21 (see trends).

The Presidential Approval Index is calculated by subtracting the number who Strongly Disapprove from the number who Strongly Approve.

Overall, 42% of voters say they at least somewhat approve of the president's performance. This matches the lowest approval rating yet measured for President Obama. Fifty-six percent (56%) now disapprove.

Daily Presidential Tracking Poll - Rasmussen Reports

Well heck.. what can you say.. The elephant in the room says he's a Democratic faux pas, fiasco, flash in the pan, flop, implosion or just a dud. It's all perspective, most agree, he's the gift that just keeps giving.

The Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll for Saturday shows that 24% of the nation's voters Strongly Approve of the way that Barack Obama is performing his role as president. Forty-five percent (45%) Strongly Disapprove, giving Obama a Presidential Approval Index rating of -21 (see trends).

The Presidential Approval Index is calculated by subtracting the number who Strongly Disapprove from the number who Strongly Approve.

Overall, 42% of voters say they at least somewhat approve of the president's performance. This matches the lowest approval rating yet measured for President Obama. Fifty-six percent (56%) now disapprove.

but, but, he gives good speeches and makes people feel all warm and fuzzy, and even faint.

While I think he is a mistake, Bush got worse numbers by the end of his term.

And 0bama's Rassmussen number has been hanging in the -15 -20 range for almost a year now.

And polls don't really reflet the reality of who POTUS is.

But to get to -21 given the press he got at the beginning of his term is an achievement in itself.

We might call this the "Heaven's Gate" or "Ishtar" presidency. Given the level of hype vs the level of performance.

but, but, he gives good speeches and makes people feel all warm and fuzzy, and even faint.

Yup... and those shivers up the leg...don't forget those..

And 0bama's Rassmussen number has been hanging in the -15 -20 range for almost a year now.

But to get to -21 given the press he got at the beginning of his term is an achievement in itself.

We might call this the "Heaven's Gate" or "Ishtar" presidency. Given the level of hype vs the level of performance.

A more apt movie comparison is "Plan Nine from Outerspace".

I think, given the results vs the budget, Heaven's gate is a better comparison. 40 million to film, 3.5 million at the box office.

people watch Plan 9

A more apt movie comparison is "Plan Nine from Outerspace".

My vote...The Incredible Shrinking Man (1957)

Only Obama has been exposed to a responsibility far beyond capability.

I'm thinking short pants, red shirt and a beanie hat with propeller..

well, we have a while to go yet before we get to worst ever, it seems that way because we are in the moment...he may make a comeback, history may be kinder or, not.

He may , if congress goes rep. make a Clinton out of it, it may be his best chance to save a chance for reelection.

Unless hes a stone cold ideologue and stays his own course.

Even then hes passed the most invasive legislation in the form of the health care bill, in 60 years. In 2 years will attitudes have changed towards HC and will unemployment get down to say, the sub 8% range?

I don't think so, neither will happen.

I personally think hes a true believer. He will not go centrist.

His whole life, parents, ( even the dad that was gone) upbringing, schools, associations, people he says in plain language he has sought out and some he won't comment on that he may have associated with, has been farther away from that centrist 'zero' on the number line, than any president before him.

Trajan is right. Obama is the most ideological president we've had. He is incapable of working with people on the conservative side (he's incapable of working with liberals too, but thats another story). He is the worst president ever. He will remain so, getting worse because his abilities are substandard and he has no powers to reach beyond his worldview. So he will always pick the worst course of action in any situation.

well, we have a while to go yet before we get to worst ever, it seems that way because we are in the moment...he may make a comeback, history may be kinder or, not.

He may , if congress goes rep. make a Clinton out of it, it may be his best chance to save a chance for reelection.

Unless hes a stone cold ideologue and stays his own course.

Even then hes passed the most invasive legislation in the form of the health care bill, in 60 years. In 2 years will attitudes have changed towards HC and will unemployment get down to say, the sub 8% range?

I don't think so, neither will happen.

I personally think hes a true believer. He will not go centrist.

His whole life, parents, ( even the dad that was gone) upbringing, schools, associations, people he says in plain language he has sought out and some he won't comment on that he may have associated with, has been farther away from that centrist 'zero' on the number line, than any president before him.

Now what's that word.. ah...self-indulgent, arrogant, egocentric, pompous.. ah I got it, narcissistic...I doubt he'll ever join the rest of us...

Depends on what happens in November. If the democrats get spanked hard enough, he may deign to listen.

And it wasn't 0bama who was the driving force over the cliff. It was Pelosi and Reid. 0bama really is pretty hands off. Since he let Pelosi drive the agenda, he may let the Republican leader do the same.

Depends on what happens in November. If the democrats get spanked hard enough, he may deign to listen.

And it wasn't 0bama who was the driving force over the cliff. It was Pelosi and Reid. 0bama really is pretty hands off. Since he let Pelosi drive the agenda, he may let the Republican leader do the same.

Not happening.
I would look for Obama to reshuffle his cabinet after the election. But working with the GOP is out. Watch for calls for "bipartisanship" from the White House.

"Worst"? Seriously?

Did he start a pointless war (or two) so his buddies could profiteer?

Did he commit any crimes?

Did he invite religious leaders and tarot card readers into the Oval Office to "help" run the nation?

He managed to get health care passed. He addressed the economy, and almost certainly had a positive effect.

I'd say he's been one of the greats. I cannot support him any longer for various reasons, but I'm not missing McCain.

If I remember correctly, Obama referred to himself as the "visionary" and everyone else was to put it into action. Iow, he could go back and say "don't blame me".:)

"Worst"? Seriously?

Did he start a pointless war (or two) so his buddies could profiteer?

Did he commit any crimes?

Did he invite religious leaders and tarot card readers into the Oval Office to "help" run the nation?

He managed to get health care passed. He addressed the economy, and almost certainly had a positive effect.

I'd say he's been one of the greats. I cannot support him any longer for various reasons, but I'm not missing McCain.

++++I cannot support him any longer for various reasons...++++

Ah...:eusa_whistle:

Forum List

Back