Obama: Fiscal Conservative

Welcome back from your truck driving. Make a fortune?

He had nothing to do with signing those bills? Who signed them?

And then I guess Bush has nothing to do with the current state of the economy? It is all the GOP from 2000-2006 that crashed the economy?

I'll accept that, because McCain is part of the Senate.

So because he signed the bills you want to give him the Credit for it all eh. Great logic.

Fact is neither the Congress or the President deserve the lions share of the credit for those Short lived Balanaced Budget. They were Mainly the result of surging Tax Revenues Generated by the Internet Tech Bubble.

As for my truck driving. What business is it of yours how much I made? Is income some sort of qualification to Debate in your mind?

Suffice to say I covered 48 states in 4 weeks, about 13000 miles at 41 cents a mile, plus bonuses. You do the math.

I am sorry I was unable to keep in touch, but my laptop was on the fritz. Next time I go out, I plan on having one, so I can keep your lies in check even while on the road. :)

Last edited:
Fact is neither the Congress or the President deserve the lions share of the credit for those Short lived Balanaced Budget. They were Mainly the result of surging Tax Revenues Generated by the Internet Tech Bubble.

As for my truck driving. What business is it of yours how much I made? Is income some sort of qualification to Debate in your mind?

Suffice to say I covered 48 states in 4 weeks, about 13000 miles at 41 cents a mile, plus bonuses. You do the math.

I am sorry I was unable to keep in touch, but my laptop was on the fritz. Next time I go out, I plan on having one, so I can keep your lies in check even while on the road. :)

Who deserves credit for the economy crashing? HOw about the GOP denied the economy was crashing for as long as they possibly could. So rather than working with democrats to actually solve the solution, they were denying there was even a problem.

And sorry dude, but sending manufacturing oveseas, to canada, india, china, europe and mexico is on the GOP aganda. NAFTA, remember? Don't give Clinton credit. He just signed it. So where are all the jobs? Ask the GOP. And that's why the economy sucks.

Or Iraq. Or the tax breaks to the rich? No wonder we can't pay our bills. How about this one Charles?

This is why the Republicans should not be trusted with power:

Morgan Stanley, Lehman Brothers and other Wall Street giants helped foreign investors dodge billions of dollars in U.S. taxes on stock dividends while the IRS looked the other way, a Senate investigation found.

The firms worked with shell hedge funds that had little more than offshore mailing addresses in the Cayman Islands and elsewhere. The funds arranged complex equity swaps and stock loans aimed at circumventing U.S. tax laws, a staff report by the Senate Permanent Subcommittee on Investigations said.

The IRS has neither enforced existing rules prohibiting the transactions nor tried to draft new standards, the 77-page report said.

“These are gimmicks peddled by American financial institutions to deny Uncle Sam taxes owed under our law,” Senator Carl Levin, who heads the panel, told reporters. “The IRS has pussyfooted on this.”

Morgan Stanley enabled foreign clients to avoid payment of more than $300 million in U.S. dividend taxes from 2000 to 2007. (THE SAME TIME THE REPUBLICANS RAN ALL THREE BRANCHES OF GOVERNMENT)

Lehman estimated its customer’s eluded payment of as much $115 million in 2004 alone.

UBS helped clients escape payment of $62 million from 2004 to 2007.

I've been saving this for you Charles. I told you all that the GOP passed laws that allowed offshore companies to avoid paying taxes. Now the proof has come out. So here is nearly $500 billion dollars in lost tax revenues. Who's gotta pick up the slack for that? YOU DO. Or they'll just throw it on the debt.

And sorry dude, but sending manufacturing oveseas, to canada, india, china, europe and mexico is on the GOP aganda. NAFTA, remember? Don't give Clinton credit. He just signed it.

You could not be more wrong. He did much more than Just sign NAFTA. He Pushed it like it was the next coming. He ran on it. You need to revisit history and stop trying to rewrite it.

Or you could just violate Board rules again with another Baseless Neg Rep of me. Your choice asshole!

You could not be more wrong. He did much more than Just sign NAFTA. He Pushed it like it was the next coming. He ran on it. You need to revisit history and stop trying to rewrite it.

Or you could just violate Board rules again with another Baseless Neg Rep of me. Your choice asshole!

Hey, I knew you would neg rep me back. The difference is I'm not a pussy about it. And did I neg rep you the entire time you were gone? No. I thought about it, but didn't do it.

Oh, so now Clinton told Newt's Congress what to do with NAFTA and they did everything he asked? Sounds like politics were a lot different back then. So Clinton was a uniter and not a divider?

By the way Charles, NAFTA is one of the reasons I voted against Hillary. But you suggesting NAFTA isn't a GOP beast, is laughable.

If it isn't their puppy, they sure enjoyed it for the past 8 years, sending jobs overseas like the USA was going out of business.

Clinton ran on NAFTA, but the GOP RAN WITH IT.

ummm I think you bumped your head....

I can't recall Obama being the one who is campaigning on earmark reform....

I believe that is McCain/Palin and the ISSUE is Palin is a BIG FAN of the earmarks she's apparently opposed to now that she's up for VP

this is kind of like McCain using the phrase lipstick on a pig and then turning around and crying when someone else does it.... :cuckoo:

to the person who said JFK ran as a fiscally conservative dem...I wasn't born yet so I didn't know that..

Have you met Charles_Main yet? He's a pip. Watch out for him. :cuckoo:

Like an honest robot. He sounds like he's being programmed by David Axelrod and the bugs in the code force him to um and uh every third word.

I'm probably voting for O, but let's not get carried away in some cult of personality about his very manufactured public image.

I find the way he talks to be very natural. He thinks before he talks. He is very well spoken but it isn't all talking points.

I'm sure the comedians will make fun of the way he talks after he wins, but I don't think they will portray him as being dishonest.

I guess we will see.

ummm I think you bumped your head....

I can't recall Obama being the one who is campaigning on earmark reform....

I believe that is McCain/Palin and the ISSUE is Palin is a BIG FAN of the earmarks she's apparently opposed to now that she's up for VP

this is kind of like McCain using the phrase lipstick on a pig and then turning around and crying when someone else does it.... :cuckoo:

to the person who said JFK ran as a fiscally conservative dem...I wasn't born yet so I didn't know that..

So you're voting for Obama becuse he promises MORE earmarks and federal spending?

Forum List

Back