Obama first since Ike to win 51% twice

We are talking mandates: 2: : an authorization to act given to a representative <accepted the mandate of the people> Mandate - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary

In a representative democracy we all agree ahead of time, before a vote is taken, that to have the winning side pursue an agenda that was voted on is not a shoving down the throats of people who disagree. We have elections to remedy things. this is similar to calling taxation in a representative democracy, theft...it's imbecilic.

Wrong. I never agreed to any such thing. we have elections to divvy up the spoils. No election ever remedied anything, except to put a stop to the previous remedy.

Bush and the GOP said they had 'political capitol' and a mandate to do what they wanted, not do what they ran on.

And the Dims said "no they didn't."

Obamacare is constitutional and in 2008 most everyone agreed something, almost anything had to be done on the health care issue. Then the misinformation and manipulation of facts and discourse started and we had people talking about death panels and elders and veterans saying stupid things like get the government hands off their government payments. :eusa_clap:

Its not constitutional. Even if it was, that doesn't mean I consented to it or that it isn't being rammed down my throat. The claim that "something had to be done," even if it were true, doesn't give anyone a blank check to do whatever they want. Obamacare is only screwing up everything worse. Government has been screwing up the healthcare industry for the last 50 years.

Jake Starkey, did I tickle a nerve in your funny bone?

Define hypocrite/hypocrisy as you accused me of in your post #112. What did I say or do that was hypocritical??

Is calling classical literature, reminding the clueless that there is a world beyond "American Idol" trolling??

If you met me face to face, fist to fist, you would not call me little.
And certainly would not call me your buddy. As you dared in your post #113.

#113 above, little troll buddy. :lol:

Your nonsense remains me of the record of meanness of Thomas More, one time counselor to Henry VIII, who would imprison, torture, and burn a person for his insistence of a mistranslated Greek term or word in the Holy Scriptures.

The mean spiritedness, the hatred, of the ultra right and the libertarian wing are destroying the GOP. You epitomize that wrong headedness.

The demise of the GOP, just like the demise of Mark Twain was at the time, is highly over rated and premature. You and your ilk is more like the counselor of Henry VIII, in modern days known as Barack Hussain Obama.

It's simple, FJO. The mainstream heart of the GOP and its leadership are not going to allow you guys to throw another election in 2016 to the Dems. Your hate drives good Americans away from good GOP candidates. Hate all you want, but don't let it give a third national election away.

Its not constitutional. Even if it was, that doesn't mean I consented to it or that it isn't being rammed down my throat. The claim that "something had to be done," even if it were true, doesn't give anyone a blank check to do whatever they want. Obamacare is only screwing up everything worse. Government has been screwing up the healthcare industry for the last 50 years.

Your consent is immaterial, after legislation is passed and SCOTUS has opined. You are part of America, so either you take part or pay a fine or whatever. Break the law, you pay for that, too, when caught, as you will be.

really? What planet are you living on? Obama won with highest unemployment rate of any President since FDR.

The unemployment rate was cited often as the number one reason he would not win.

there are other odds Obama beat. so stop being a dipshit and give the man his due. stop sounding like a right wing loon

:eusa_clap:

You mentioned FDR, wonderful. Did you notice that he actually won his second term with more votes than his first despite the fact that we were in the worst depression before the one Obama inherited?

Seriously dude, Obama made history, celebrate it.

spin it any way you want it, but the facts remain the same. Not even FOX News can help you with this one.

since FDR, every other President with numbers as bad as Obama's numbers lost.

I am not spinning anything, I am pointing out a fact you do not like. Obama is the first president in history to win a second term with fewer votes that he got for his first term. That includes Bush and Nixon. It is a historic achievement, you should be celebrating it.

Obama is the first president in history to win a second term with fewer votes that he got for his first term. That includes Bush and Nixon. It is a historic achievement, you should be celebrating it.

Demonstrates just how poorly the GOP did: we should have won this election, and the ultra right and libertarians lost it for us is the point.

Obama had a mandate in the 2008 election. He blew it. No mandate this time around, obviously.

What were President Obama's campaign issues, the very ones the GOP ran against...and lost? Higher taxes for the wealthy and....
Even with the realization that you're pretty ditzy, what the hell is your point? Do you honestly think he has a mandate?! Again, in 2008 he did. He no longer does.

Please, spare me the convoluted "percentage of voters..." bit. No one can figure that one out.

Speaking for others? Hmmmm, another wungnut trait

I thought we were talking mandates here. If almost one half of the country voted against "something" (someone and that politician's specific agenda) and said agenda is Ultimately enacted via the typical political maneuvering/conniving then by definition it is a policy that is being rammed down at least half the country's throat, despite your "teaparty" deflection. Oh and I wasn't specifically naming any policy.
Bush and the republicans thought they had carte blanche at the time and now so does Obama and the Dems.
As for "Obamacare", that's a whole can of worms that has been discussed elsewhere. (God bless the insurance industry and their mostly successful lobbyists..............) :rolleyes:

We are talking mandates: 2: : an authorization to act given to a representative <accepted the mandate of the people> Mandate - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary

In a representative democracy we all agree ahead of time, before a vote is taken, that to have the winning side pursue an agenda that was voted on is not a shoving down the throats of people who disagree. We have elections to remedy things. this is similar to calling taxation in a representative democracy, theft...it's imbecilic.

Bush and the GOP said they had 'political capitol' and a mandate to do what they wanted, not do what they ran on.

Obamacare is constitutional and in 2008 most everyone agreed something, almost anything had to be done on the health care issue. Then the misinformation and manipulation of facts and discourse started and we had people talking about death panels and elders and veterans saying stupid things like get the government hands off their government payments. :eusa_clap:
Ya left out part of the definition of Mandate, one example:
He won the election so convincingly that he believed he had been given a mandate for change.

Mandate - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary

Notice the bolded words "so convincingly". (Generally referred to as a landslide win).

And again I wasn't discussing Obamacare, you brought it up, I responded.

Oh, BTW, I'm for higher taxes on the wealthy.

bolded in an example as use of the term, not part of the definition. :eusa_shhh:

Of course I brought up Obamacare. It fits the narrative

Wrong. I never agreed to any such thing. we have elections to divvy up the spoils. No election ever remedied anything, except to put a stop to the previous remedy.

And the Dims said "no they didn't."

Consent of the governed in a representative democracy = you consented. :eusa_clap:
"Its not constitutional. Even if it was..." ????????????????????? :eusa_shifty:

Your alarmist, and hysterical opinions are not good substitutes for facts or reasonable and rational discussion of health care policy

You mentioned FDR, wonderful. Did you notice that he actually won his second term with more votes than his first despite the fact that we were in the worst depression before the one Obama inherited?

Seriously dude, Obama made history, celebrate it.

spin it any way you want it, but the facts remain the same. Not even FOX News can help you with this one.

since FDR, every other President with numbers as bad as Obama's numbers lost.

I am not spinning anything, I am pointing out a fact you do not like. Obama is the first president in history to win a second term with fewer votes that he got for his first term. That includes Bush and Nixon. It is a historic achievement, you should be celebrating it.

You may insist on pissing on every parade that passes by....but it makes you look so pathetic it pains to witness

dreidel.jpg

Ya left out part of the definition of Mandate, one example:
He won the election so convincingly that he believed he had been given a mandate for change.

Mandate - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary

Notice the bolded words "so convincingly". (Generally referred to as a landslide win).

And again I wasn't discussing Obamacare, you brought it up, I responded.

Oh, BTW, I'm for higher taxes on the wealthy.

bolded in an example as use of the term, not part of the definition. :eusa_shhh:

Of course I brought up Obamacare. It fits the narrative

For your purposes maybe but I was not even referring, alluding or even thinking about Obamacare.

The example specifically fits what I was discussing, perceived and/or claimed mandates.

Forum List

Back