Obama - first president to have a problem with a News Network?

I support Obama

But I feel the Obama Whitehouse has made a mistake by not participating with FOX news.

I feel Obama and his associates could use FOX as a forum to debate and discuss their programs.

If you are willing to negotiate with Iran (which I agree with) then you should talk with FOX news.

I am also an Obama supporter and I have a different take on this Fox business. And that is that I think he made the right decision to ignore Fox news. I have never before seen a positive news story about him on that network. It's just lie after lie. And I really gave up when they did nothing to quell those birther rumors.

So I think it would do him more harm than good. Oh, and I do want to say that I am so glad he started negotiations with Iran. It was the right thing to do.

Fox is the #1 cable news network, an administration can't hide from them. If they can't handle the pressure of a news organization, how will they ever handle the challenges of countries such as Russia, China, and Iran?

This lie after lie is getting old, and there has been positive news stories on Fox about Obama, and his family. They just haven't been positive on his policies that this country can't afford.

From Countdown on October 26, 2009:

OLBERMANN:

Meanwhile, Chris Wallace, on his Sunday show-making sure his program carved out some time to discuss the war on the White House-turned to former Bush White House press secretary Perino for her reaction.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

DANA PERINO, FORMER BUSH WHITE HOUSE PRESS SECRETARY: It was a coordinated, calculated attack. It was unbecoming. And if you look at some of the coverage of what mainstream media covers when, for example, somebody like a Hugo Chavez shuts down television stations, he calls them illegitimate.

Now, I'm not suggesting that this White House believes that they are going to come over here and shut down Fox News. But they are defining a narrative in their first year. And it's going to be very hard to recover from it.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

OLBERMANN: Oh, God, is she full of crap! :lol:

OLBERMANN:

Let's turn to MSNBC political analyst, Richard Wolffe-also, senior strategist at Public Strategies, and author of "Renegade: the Making of a President."

OLBERMANN:

I'm trying to get the moral relativism here. This administration criticizes Fox. Therefore, on Fox, Obama is Hugo Chavez.

And the previous one-let me read the list again. It cuts off MSNBC. It threatens NBC. It has its political party threaten to back out of a Tom Brokaw-moderated debate, if I'm not removed as a news anchor.

It pays columnists to write pro-Bush columns in secret, plants questions and a fake reporter in its own news conferences. And Dana Perino thinks she was being patriotic.

WOLFFE:

Let's just replay the tape, shall we. The big rupture between the Bush White House and NBC News was over this little thing that happened in Iraq, and specifically that NBC News correspondents-in particular, Richard Engel-were actually reporting just how bad the situation was over there. And the Bush White House at the time thought they were being pro-American and pro-troops by calling out a news division.

So, the whole patriotism card ought to be familiar to Dana Perino.

And on top of that, you know, NBC News then had the gall to describe the situation in Iraq just as the rest of the world was, that it was a civil war.

OLBERMANN:

The Obama administration, according to Ms. Perino, is setting a bad example for emerging democracies by being critical of Fox.

What-when the Bush administration bought positive stories from Iraqi journalists for publication in Iraqi newspapers, what was that? A how-to course in how to start up a democracy?

WOLFFE:

Well, the democracy thing is something I love the best. Self-reflection, recollection has not always been the strength of the Bush administration.

I just want to remind Dana Perino and all the rest of them, that there was this exchange early in the second term between Bush and this guy in Russia called Vladimir Putin. Bush was trying to teach Putin a lesson about how to deal with the press. He said, you can't go around intimidating them-quite rightly-cannot go shutting down the free press.

Putin turned around back to Bush and said, "Well, how come you got rid of Dan Rather, then?"

'Countdown with Keith Olbermann' for Monday, October 26 - Countdown with Keith Olbermann- msnbc.com

When I read about Fox and how freaked out they are at being called a "non-news" network, I really have to laugh. Somehow, those on the Right have forgotten everything the Bush administration did to reporters. Not just the funny stuff like refusing to call on any reporters that asked difficult questions, but even removing reporters from Air Force One.

Remember when Male whore Jeff Gannon was given "special" treatment because he only asked "softball" questions? A hooker, being asked over professional reporters because he kissed the Presidents ass.

And Fox news? It's one thing to present the other side, but what they want to do is destroy America. That is something else entirely.

Just so sick of right wing hypocrisy. Like Congressman Grayson said, "The right is the enemy of America".

--------

Other journalists, including ABC news anchor Peter Jennings, said similar statements. CNN’s top war correspondent, Christiane Amanpour went so far to say during a CNBC talk show that the press muzzled itself during the Iraq war and CNN was intimidated by the Bush administration and Fox News.

Perhaps some of these reporters really were scared for their lives during wartime and didn’t want to further risk their lives by getting the U.S. military mad. Reporters Without Borders, which ranked the U.S. 17th in press freedom in 2003, with Finland, Iceland, Norway and Holland at the top, accused the U.S. Defense Department and the International Humanitarian Fact-Finding Commission of ignoring its demands for a proper search for two journalists that were missing in southern Iraq for a month. The agencies also refused to investigate deaths of several journalists there.

How the Bush Administration Intimidates the Mainstream U.S. Media

It's simply because he wants control over the media. In essense, only One media, after getting rid of all others, in this country that he can dictate too---:lol::lol:

$obama-and-media.jpg

There never was any "death panels" so of course you can't find "proof". That is so incredibly stupid. What Fox did was give a forum to people telling those lies and NEVER correcting them.

Fox News Finally Admits There Are No Death Panels | Politicususa.com

Fox News Finally Admits There Are No Death Panels | Politicususa.com

Fox News Boycott » Fox News Backtracks on ‘Death Panel’ Claims?

Beck on Palin's "death panel" claims: "I believe it to be true"

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KzxnjpJ05Qw]YouTube - Beck on Palin's "death panel" claims: "I believe it to be true"[/ame]
uh, thats his radio show, not on Fox News

So what?? He talks exactly the same whether it's radio or tv. Duh!!!!!!

I support Obama

But I feel the Obama Whitehouse has made a mistake by not participating with FOX news.

I feel Obama and his associates could use FOX as a forum to debate and discuss their programs.

If you are willing to negotiate with Iran (which I agree with) then you should talk with FOX news.

I am also an Obama supporter and I have a different take on this Fox business. And that is that I think he made the right decision to ignore Fox news. I have never before seen a positive news story about him on that network. It's just lie after lie. And I really gave up when they did nothing to quell those birther rumors.

So I think it would do him more harm than good. Oh, and I do want to say that I am so glad he started negotiations with Iran. It was the right thing to do.

Fox is the #1 cable news network, an administration can't hide from them. If they can't handle the pressure of a news organization, how will they ever handle the challenges of countries such as Russia, China, and Iran?

This lie after lie is getting old, and there has been positive news stories on Fox about Obama, and his family. They just haven't been positive on his policies that this country can't afford.

I guess I don't see it as the administration cannot handle the pressure. It's more like why should they keep fighting a losing battle with Fox reporters?? Even when they don't tell out and out lies, they still turn around and distort a story like nobody's business!!

Obama doesn't think he will get a fair shake from them, and I think he's right. At least MSNBC has pundits that do represent both sides. Pat Buchanan and Joe Scarborough drive me nuts!!! They are both staunch Republicans. But I'm willing to listen because they offer their criticism without all of the name calling and insults. When I watch Fox for just 5 minutes, I want to scream.

Thank you for your polite response to my post. I really appreciate it.

I guess I don't see it as the administration cannot handle the pressure. It's more like why should they keep fighting a losing battle with Fox reporters?? Even when they don't tell out and out lies, they still turn around and distort a story like nobody's business!!

Obama doesn't think he will get a fair shake from them, and I think he's right. At least MSNBC has pundits that do represent both sides. Pat Buchanan and Joe Scarborough drive me nuts!!! They are both staunch Republicans. But I'm willing to listen because they offer their criticism without all of the name calling and insults. When I watch Fox for just 5 minutes, I want to scream.

:lol: yeah, right

:rofl:

I know that you have no manners and that you're very childish. You don't have to keep proving it. Or are you just some smartass teen?? Either way, grow up.

An administration should stand up and be held accountable to all the media. Especially Fox, it's a big news organization. When Obama was on the No Spin Zone, with O'Reilly, it was a fair and respectful conversation. Obama's problem is that he doesn't want to be asked the tough questions.
You might want to rethink your MSNBC remark......they are really over the top with bias, much more so than Fox.

The point that you seem unable to grasp, Rinata, is that Fox is a member of the WH press pool. As such, they meet part of the costs of this pool. Whether you approve or disapprove, that funding gives them equal footing as the other members of the press pool.

Also, MSNBC are owned by GE. GE received bail out money from the government - and their CEO is 'in the tank' with Obama. They are the most biased of all the media. Their bail out money had strings attached. That is that they support the Obama agenda. They even sell Obama memorabilia in their store! To say that they are anything other than biased is nonsense.

One day, this Administration will be gone and a new one will replace it. If that is a GOP Administration and they not only try to permanently freeze out MSNBC but then publicly denouce them as 'not a news station' would that be okay? No. It would not. So it is not ok for them to do it to Fox.

Difference is, you're fine while its Fox and not MSNBC. I, on the other hand, would be arguing in support of MSNBCs right to access.

The administration is not obligated to "report" to the press. The only obligation the president has is to report to congress in a state of the union once a year. All other "reporting" is at the pleasure of the president.

All this whining and no ground to stand on. Isn't it a pity..

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IuStBNkvwhE]YouTube - Isn't it a Pity, George Harrison[/ame]

The administration is not obligated to "report" to the press. The only obligation the president has is to report to congress in a state of the union once a year. All other "reporting" is at the pleasure of the president.

Seriously, Huggy, are you capable of actually grasping a point at all?

Yes, the Administation is obligated to allow media access. The media run a press pool - they share costs, facilities, etc. They do this because the WH wants them to. Jeeez, you are a dumb fuck.

YouTube - Isn't it a Pity, George Harrison

You do realize how immature, foolish and plain old naive this statement of yours is?

You do realize how immature, foolish and plain old naive this statement of yours is?

Trust me when I say he hasn't a clue. :lol:

One thing makes your statement wrong:

Obama said he would.

Oh, I always love the "Mom the other kid did it too" defense. It's called "Appeal to Mom" and it's in the "bandwagon" category of logical fallacies.

It's also one that most mature people stop trying to use after age nine or so.

Idiots who use it today fail to realize it's actually an argument against Obama, because here you are again, comparing him to Bush! :rofl:

Can you not see how infantile and stupid that is? And how it totally belies the "change" mantra? :rofl:

And yet the fact remains 'that those on the right have forgotten how Bush tried to freeze out the mainstream press.' Was the comment a justification of action or a statement on the hypocrisy of the right? If it is the latter then it is a proposition not a premise and therefore not a fallacy. By the way, "redherring" it the introduction of a false or irrelevant argument in order to direct the argument away from the proposition. Is there a reason those on the right do not want to discuss Bush's treatment of the mainstream press?

By the way, Bush sought out affirmative journalism. Obama is rejecting them. That's called change...

so since bush did it....it is ok that obama does it....is that the point ....are you justifying obama's bad behavior with bush's bad behavior....

they both attempted to silence the press because they didn't like what the press was saying...they both are wrong....

I know that you have no manners and that you're very childish. You don't have to keep proving it. Or are you just some smartass teen?? Either way, grow up.
you are showing that you are nothing but a partisan idiot
dont stop, its good for laughs

One thing makes your statement wrong:

Obama said he would.

Point taken. I was just cutting through the bullshit about what the president actually HAS to do. That crap about the cost of the press room is so stupid all it does is re-enforce my belief that the ditz from california is lying about her IQ.

Yes... Obama stated on several occasions that he would be transparent. I don't see how that obligates him to suffer abuse from Fox. Fox is foreign owned despite all the wailing in thier support. If they want an audience with the prez they should give the man and the office due respect. If they just want to insult him and the office then they can continue doing that without his participation. No law says they can't...no law says he has to allow them access.

Forum List

Back