Obama finds some solid ground; tests still ahead

No, stupid, I'm talking about deliberately trashing the economy by failing to raise the debt limit. IOW, the near future, not the past.

Something that's only a problem because you refuse to stop government spending.

We shouldnt be anywhere near the debt ceiling. When are you guys going to figure out that the solution to our problem is to:

STOP SPENDING

No, stupid, I'm talking about deliberately trashing the economy by failing to raise the debt limit. IOW, the near future, not the past.

We shouldnt be anywhere near the debt ceiling. When are you guys going to figure out that the solution to our problem is to:

STOP SPENDING

That's only half the solution

To cut debt we need to increase revenue and decrease spending. Slashing spending while you continue to give tax cuts to millionaires is foolish

STOP SPENDING

To cut debt we need to increase revenue and decrease spending. Slashing spending while you continue to give tax cuts to millionaires is foolish

We made over 2.2 Trillion dollars last year alone. We don't have a revenue problem. We have a spending problem.

Are you honestly going to argue that we cant run the Federal Government on 2.2 Trillion dollars?

Besides, you want to fix the problem. Cut taxes and cut spending and watch our economy grow like crazy. We will be raking in the money and not spending it.

Yep. All the serious candidates are keeping their jobs at Fox and savin that $ :D

.....which he inherited :rolleyes:

Yes, tell everyone Obama inherited problems and couldn't fix them in 4 years. Not only couldn't fix them, made them worse despite spending trillions of dollars.
Let me know how that works out.

Polls show that voters still blame republicans for our economic situation. Spending money was the only way to prevent a recession from turning into a depression. Just like Reagan did

Did I mention the stock market is up over 50% ?

Yes, sell that "it would have been much worse" meme. Let's see if voters are totally stupid.
I am sure Obama's puppetmasters on Wall St are pleased with him.

Whistling past the graveyard.

Right now, the Ryan plan, Wisconsin, and various other dingbat GOP governors are handing the 2012 race to President Obama.

Well, shouldn't it be the other way around? I mean doesn't this mean Obama's handing the 2012 race away?:

14 Trillion $$ Debt
Mess in the Mid. East.
$5 Gas Prices
Inflation
9% UE

Right now, the Ryan plan, Wisconsin, and various other dingbat GOP governors are handing the 2012 race to President Obama.

Well, shouldn't it be the other way around? I mean doesn't this mean Obama's handing the 2012 race away?:

14 Trillion $$ Debt
Mess in the Mid. East.
$5 Gas Prices
Inflation
9% UE

The Dums should be beside themselves at this point. They have a very weak vulnerable president who will be forced to run on not only his record but that of the Democratic Congress, the worst in history. They can tell themselves the GOP has a weak candidate all they want. But the truth is people dont see things getting any better. And they blame the man in charge.

14 Trillion $$ Debt
Mess in the Mid. East.
$5 Gas Prices
Inflation
9% UE

All of that..every single point..is the fault..and actually..the desired result of Conservatives.

14 Trillion $$ Debt
Mess in the Mid. East.
$5 Gas Prices
Inflation
9% UE

All of that..every single point..is the fault..and actually..the desired result of Conservatives.

Dems have run the COngress for nearly 6 years and the White House for nearly 4. Please explain how "conservatives" did anything.

This is great. Total meltdown by the Left, unable to take responsibility for their own stupid actions. They just flail on the floor yelling "no, he did it!"

14 Trillion $$ Debt
Mess in the Mid. East.
$5 Gas Prices
Inflation
9% UE

Must me nice living in a fantasy world.

14 Trillion $$ Debt
Mess in the Mid. East.
$5 Gas Prices
Inflation
9% UE

Must me nice living in a fantasy world.

They are beside themselves. They have had unbridled power for years and have squanderd it to make themselves the biggest failures in history.

14 Trillion $$ Debt
Mess in the Mid. East.
$5 Gas Prices
Inflation
9% UE

Dems have run the COngress for nearly 6 years and the White House for nearly 4. Please explain how "conservatives" did anything.

This is great. Total meltdown by the Left, unable to take responsibility for their own stupid actions. They just flail on the floor yelling "no, he did it!"

In a nutshell..this is the result of lax regulation and low taxes.

Good job boys..good job.

Good job boys..good job.

So the Dums had 4 years to fix it. What happened?

Good job boys..good job.

No one rules by fiat. As in having to get a super majority for almost everything and a record number of filibusters. Couple that with the size of the damage.

Think of it like the World Trade Center...with Republicans flying the plane.

They fucked things..but good.

Good job boys..good job.

No one rules by fiat. As in having to get a super majority for almost everything and a record number of filibusters. Couple that with the size of the damage.

Think of it like the World Trade Center...with Republicans flying the plane.

They fucked things..but good.

So the GOP, with barely a majority in some years, managed to fuck things up so badly that the Dums, with a supermajority plus the presidency, have been unable to fix?
SOunds like the Dums are totally incompetent to me. They need to be fired.

STOP SPENDING

We made over 2.2 Trillion dollars last year alone. We don't have a revenue problem. We have a spending problem.

Are you honestly going to argue that we cant run the Federal Government on 2.2 Trillion dollars?

Besides, you want to fix the problem. Cut taxes and cut spending and watch our economy grow like crazy. We will be raking in the money and not spending it.

We have had a revenue problem since Reagan. Only an idiot would volunteer to cut revenue to levels below what you spend.

I have an offer.....Millionaires do so much for us, lets return tax rates to pre-Bush rates and then once the debt is gone we can cut them back down again

Seems fair

14 Trillion $$ Debt
Mess in the Mid. East.
$5 Gas Prices
Inflation
9% UE

You still are not very good with numbers.....when did George Bush become a Democrat during his last 1 1/2 years?

Economy Gets Widespread Downgrade
If the US economy were a stock, it would be a big-time sell this morning after a widespread downgrade from Wall Street economists, reports CNBC's Steve Liesman.

Steve Liesman always sides with the government. For Steve to say this about the economy this morning really brings the seriousness of the Obama disaster into perspective.

If the US economy were a stock, it would be a big-time sell this morning after a widespread downgrade from Wall Street economists, reports CNBC's Steve Liesman.

Steve Liesman always sides with the government. For Steve to say this about the economy this morning really brings the seriousness of the Obama disaster into perspective.

If the economy is an "Obama" disaster please show where Obama created the disaster since last time I checked presidents don't have total control over the economy.

If the economy is an "Obama" disaster please show where Obama created the disaster since last time I checked presidents don't have total control over the economy.

Except if that president is George W. Bush.
Please show what Obama has done in 3 years to make this any better.

News this AM about housing prices indicates that we are entering a double dip recession in housing. The general economy can't be far behind.

Forum List

Back