Obama finds some solid ground; tests still ahead

I guess you cons will just have to pray for another serious downturn in the economy.

btw,:lol::lol: CNN's latest poll, REPUBLICAN support for Obama jumped 12 points.

Obama's got problems. His hardcore whackaloon base is pissed over Gitmo, Iraq, Afghanistan and now Libya and the lack of a single payer system. The so-called "moderates" feel betrayed by his obvious hostility toward free enterprise, traditionally "white" foreign nations and Israel. All that are left are the nitwits who are totally emotionally invested in the man personally regardless of his obvious failings.

Sorry kids.. the man's got problems. Now, with that said, if the GOP fields a really weak candidate that goes off on some hardcore social conservative scree... he could win. But it will be tough either way I think, unless the economy really turns around.

The economy is improving, its not going in a negative direction and thats whats important. There has been no president, Dem or Repug that had no problems. The problem with the GOP is that they want people to cast a vote for them because things are bad, not because they're will and able to fix anything and steering hard to the right isn't helping.

Last edited:
Obama's got problems. His hardcore whackaloon base is pissed over Gitmo, Iraq, Afghanistan and now Libya and the lack of a single payer system. The so-called "moderates" feel betrayed by his obvious hostility toward free enterprise, traditionally "white" foreign nations and Israel. All that are left are the nitwits who are totally emotionally invested in the man personally regardless of his obvious failings.

Sorry kids.. the man's got problems. Now, with that said, if the GOP fields a really weak candidate that goes off on some hardcore social conservative scree... he could win. But it will be tough either way I think, unless the economy really turns around.

The conomy is improving, its not going in a negative direction and thats whats important. There has been no president, Dem or Repug that had no problems. The problem with the GOP is that they want people to cast a vote for them because things are bad, not because they're will and able to fix anything and steering hard to the right isn't helping.

Well, I don't share your assessment of the economy. QE II stalled a total free-fall, but the effects of this are fading, inflation is kicking in (as expected) and the economy is anemic, at best. The dollar is falling, there is actual talk of the dollar being abandoned as the World's reserve Currency, which would be DISASTROUS. The housing market is not rebounding... I just don't see the good news needed for Obama to be able to say "see, look what I've done?"

It's gonn be more like "hey, just think how bad it could have been." That's not going to cut it with most voters.

The conomy is improving, its not going in a negative direction and thats whats important. There has been no president, Dem or Repug that had no problems. The problem with the GOP is that they want people to cast a vote for them because things are bad, not because they're will and able to fix anything and steering hard to the right isn't helping.

Well, I don't share your assessment of the economy. QE II stalled a total free-fall, but the effects of this are fading, inflation is kicking in (as expected) and the economy is anemic, at best. The dollar is falling, there is actual talk of the dollar being abandoned as the World's reserve Currency, which would be DISASTROUS. The housing market is not rebounding... I just don't see the good news needed for Obama to be able to say "see, look what I've done?"

It's gonn be more like "hey, just think how bad it could have been." That's not going to cut it with most voters.

Post a link for you rightwing bullshit.

Post a link for you rightwing bullshit.

WTF is wrong with you?

Oh,, and weren't you leaving?

I am a repub but I am worried about a good candidate. Where or who is he or she..Obama is a disaster but so was McCain and we saw what happened.

I am a repub but I am worried about a good candidate. Where or who is he or she..Obama is a disaster but so was McCain and we saw what happened.

McCain is what happens when you allow the left to influence your pick of a candidate.

I just can't believe the Independents would fall for Obama's BS again unless, of course, the GOP nominates a real loser.
Anyone they nominate will be better than Obama. ANd at the worst people will just sit home.

This is the weakest group of Presidential contenders since Mike Dukakis got the Dem nod in 1988.

Now, instead of the Dems running a former governor from Massachusetts, the GOP will run a former Governor of Massachusetts

You've been so consistently wrong I actually consider this post a good sign.

Anyone they nominate will be better than Obama. ANd at the worst people will just sit home.

This is the weakest group of Presidential contenders since Mike Dukakis got the Dem nod in 1988.

Now, instead of the Dems running a former governor from Massachusetts, the GOP will run a former Governor of Massachusetts

So..

How long after the GOP nominee gets trounced in the election do you throw him under the bus and say you knew all along that he couldn't beat Obama?

So..

How long after the GOP nominee gets trounced in the election do you throw him under the bus and say you knew all along that he couldn't beat Obama?

Can you give me the winning powerball numbers as well?
Obama will not be trouncing anyone. The economy will be the issue for this election, just as it was in 1990. Remember, "It's the economy, stupid"? Clinton coasted to a win against someone with record high approval ratings as the economy entered what was actually a mild downturn. Obama has presided over the worst economy in 50 years.

So..

Obama will not be trouncing anyone. The economy will be the issue for this election, just as it was in 1990. Remember, "It's the economy, stupid"? Clinton coasted to a win against someone with record high approval ratings as the economy entered what was actually a mild downturn. Obama has presided over the worst economy in 50 years.

It will be a trouncing, I know you dickheads need to keep hope high but accept reality, all of your rightwing scare shit is moot and ineffective.

So..

It will be a trouncing, I know you dickheads need to keep hope high but accept reality, all of your rightwing scare shit is moot and ineffective.

Is this what you read on the HuffPo? Besides, I thought you were leaving.

So..

All one has to do is read this board to see how unenthusiastic the Republicans are about their potential candidates. Most are still waiting for their savior to come out of nowhere and win in 2012. The only candidate with any enthusiastic support is Ron Paul and he will not win a single delegate.

Romney will win the nomination by default and pick an extreme rightwing VP to satisfy the base. The Tea Party will hate Romney and run their own candidate out of spite

If I were Barry I would be on my knees every night praying that nothing happens to screw up the slowly improving economy.

Hope and change just ain't gonna cut it.

2012 is going to be all about the economy.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back