Obama finds some solid ground; tests still ahead

So the Dums had 4 years to fix it. What happened?

No one rules by fiat. As in having to get a super majority for almost everything and a record number of filibusters. Couple that with the size of the damage.

Think of it like the World Trade Center...with Republicans flying the plane.

They fucked things..but good.

So the GOP, with barely a majority in some years, managed to fuck things up so badly that the Dums, with a supermajority plus the presidency, have been unable to fix?
SOunds like the Dums are totally incompetent to me. They need to be fired.

Yup.

By abusing the power of the filibuster. Which was basically meant as a last restort..not a means of governance.

No one rules by fiat. As in having to get a super majority for almost everything and a record number of filibusters. Couple that with the size of the damage.

Think of it like the World Trade Center...with Republicans flying the plane.

They fucked things..but good.

So the GOP, with barely a majority in some years, managed to fuck things up so badly that the Dums, with a supermajority plus the presidency, have been unable to fix?

Yup.

By abusing the power of the filibuster. Which was basically meant as a last restort..not a means of governance.

I dont remember you complaining about the Democrats abusing the filibuster during the Bush administration. Can't imagine why.

Yup.

I dont remember you complaining about the Democrats abusing the filibuster during the Bush administration. Can't imagine why.

Because I didn't.

George W. Bush's plans were extremely radical. That's the last restort I was referring too.

And they didn't use it nearly enough..or nearly as much as Republicans have.

Because I didn't.

George W. Bush's plans were extremely radical. That's the last restort I was referring too.

Which plan was extremely radical? Heck, which plan was more radical than spending trillions we don't have and then attempting to nationalize 1/6 of the nations economy through unconstitutional legislation that the people didn't want?

Because I didn't.

Which plan was extremely radical? Heck, which plan was more radical than spending trillions we don't have and then attempting to nationalize 1/6 of the nations economy through unconstitutional legislation that the people didn't want?

He wanted to do away with Social Security. I'd say that was very radical.

Fixing social security so it doesnt go bankrupt is radical? Allowing us to keep our social security money in our own private accounts instead of a Government slush fund is radical? Preventing the government from spending it elsewhere is radical?

Is that really the only thing you could come up with to justify the Democrats constantly using the filibuster during the Bush administration? Heck, did they ever use it on the SS plan?

Fixing social security so it doesnt go bankrupt is radical? Allowing us to keep our social security money in our own private accounts instead of a Government slush fund is radical? Preventing the government from spending it elsewhere is radical?

Is that really the only thing you could come up with to justify the Democrats constantly using the filibuster during the Bush administration? Heck, did they ever use it on the SS plan?

Fixing? Fixing how? Opening a new 401k fund?:lol:

People got wise to the scheme. SSI is solvent for the next 40 years..and some really minor fixes would keep it solvent for much longer.

Whistling past the graveyard.

Right now, the Ryan plan, Wisconsin, and various other dingbat GOP governors are handing the 2012 race to President Obama.

Well, shouldn't it be the other way around? I mean doesn't this mean Obama's handing the 2012 race away?:

14 Trillion $$ Debt
Mess in the Mid. East.
$5 Gas Prices
Inflation
9% UE

All of that..every single point..is the fault..and actually..the desired result of Conservatives.

Alright, if you're going to attempt to refute my point, don't just say I'm wrong and that's it. Give me some reasons on why it's the "desired result of Conservatives"?

Well, shouldn't it be the other way around? I mean doesn't this mean Obama's handing the 2012 race away?:

14 Trillion $$ Debt
Mess in the Mid. East.
$5 Gas Prices
Inflation
9% UE

All of that..every single point..is the fault..and actually..the desired result of Conservatives.

Alright, if you're going to attempt to refute my point, don't just say I'm wrong and that's it. Give me some reasons on why it's the "desired result of Conservatives"?

OK

I'll give you an easy one

Show how Obama accumulated $14 trillion in debt

That's only half the solution

To cut debt we need to increase revenue and decrease spending. Slashing spending while you continue to give tax cuts to millionaires is foolish

We made over 2.2 Trillion dollars last year alone. We don't have a revenue problem. We have a spending problem.

Are you honestly going to argue that we cant run the Federal Government on 2.2 Trillion dollars?

Besides, you want to fix the problem. Cut taxes and cut spending and watch our economy grow like crazy. We will be raking in the money and not spending it.

We have had a revenue problem since Reagan. Only an idiot would volunteer to cut revenue to levels below what you spend.

I have an offer.....Millionaires do so much for us, lets return tax rates to pre-Bush rates and then once the debt is gone we can cut them back down again

Seems fair

We have a spending problem, I think that's pretty clear by now.

You can't tax your way out of this mess. Even if you taxed the top two percent at 90%, it wouldn't create enough revenue to the point where you could pay off the debt.

OK

I'll give you an easy one

Show how Obama accumulated $14 trillion in debt

Alright, so you totally ignore the other points that were:

9% UE
Mess in Middle East
Inflation
$5 Gas Prices.

The $14 trillion in debt can be debated for a very long time. But, a lot had to do with Fannie/Freddie, the Mortgage Crisis, the Re-Investment Act (Democrats are to blame for all) (Barney Frank telling banks to loan people money) (Clinton enacted the Act in which he handed out loans.) And, finally, there are other factors that go into it. The fact the Democrats won't let us drill, which would reduce gas prices at home. Also, the fact that we have entitlement programs that we cannot sustain any longer.

Point being, is that Obama inherited around a 10.6 Trillion Dollar Debt, and the debt has went up to 14. Also, he hasn't reduced the UE, although his big stimulus package was designed to reduce that. The Middle East hasn't gotten any better, by any means. Finally, inflation is out of control, and we have gas prices that are reaching 5 dollars, but we still won't drill.

Obama's big spending hasn't solved any problems, and it will continue to do the same.

Because I didn't.

Bush wanted to allow working people to put 10% of their Soc Sec into an account with their name on it and invest it in the market. The other 90% remained the same. Only a real dumbass would call that 'doing away with Social Security.'

Forum List

Back