Obama Finance Chief Made Thousands of Dubious Loans

Discussion in 'Congress' started by The Paperboy, Sep 22, 2008.

1. The Paperboy

The Paperboy Times Square

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +116
    Let me introduce you to the national finance chair of Barack Obama's presidential campaign, Penny Pritzker:

Wikipedia:

Penny Sue Pritzker (b. 1959) is an American business executive, and a member of the Pritzker family of Chicago, one of America's wealthiest families. She is currently Chair of Classic Residence by Hyatt, a chain of luxury senior living communities spread throughout the United States, and the national finance chair of Barack Obama's presidential campaign.

Link here

Huffington Report:

The head of your campaign finance chair is Penny Pritzker. Before taking over Obama's campaign finances, she headed up the borderline shady and failed Superior Bank. It collapsed in 2002. The bank engaged in deceptive and faulty lending, questionable accounting practices, and charged hidden fees. It made thousands of dubious loans to mostly poor, strapped homeowners. A disproportionate number of them were minority. Why does she still have a principal financial role in your campaign?

Link here

USA Today:

Campaign advisers tied to lending crisis: Obama's national finance chairwoman, Penny Pritzker, was chairwoman of the board of a Chicago-area bank in 1993 when it adopted a subprime business strategy that regulators say ultimately led it to collapse in 2001.

Superior's board and managers "ignored sound risk-management principles and failed to adequately oversee Superior's operations," the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation's (FDIC) Inspector General concluded in 2002.

Link Here

Johnson, Raines and Pritzker. Has a certain ring to it, don't ya think? :D

2. HoleInTheVoid

HoleInTheVoid Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +89
    The silence is deafening.

3. Caligirl

Caligirl Oh yes it is too!

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +240
    Ya that's how I feel when I post about stolen elections. It's almost like people don't want to discuss issues, just bitch about the other side.

4. The Paperboy

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +116
    It's amazing how quiet it's gotten...

5. The Paperboy

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +116
    Perhaps Gore should consider carrying his own State next lifetime. Save us all a lot of trouble. :D

6. HoleInTheVoid

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +89
    Getting the most votes in FL would have helped too.

7. Isolde

Isolde Knucklehead

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +121
    He he.... I was just talking to someone about this very point. He laffed at me when I told him I was from MN, which happens to be the only state that carried Mondale in the Mondale/Reagan presidential race. Mondale is a loser, but not nearly the loser that Al Gore is. :D

8. Shadow

Shadow BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +926
    Obama is such a fraud. Even today he was on his usual pious soap box all puffed up with fake indigation, saying he would see to it none of the corp leaders would walk away with big bonuses. Too late asshat ..you've been already lining their pockets for a few years now.

9. HoleInTheVoid

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +89
    His zealots are frauds too.

They kept fawning over him b/c he promised a "new tone", b/c he was above partisan rancor.

Now they howl for him to jump in and get bloody while they hack emails and astroturf.

10. Silence

Silence wanna lick?

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +457
    remind me again... WHO is McCain's Campaign manager? oh fuck...that's right... Rick Davis... the guy who made 2 million lobbying for Fannie Mae....

and who is McCain's likely Sec of Treasury? Phil Graham!! the king of deregulation.

when you stupid fucks admit that McCain is in bed with people who are as bad OR worse than the people in Obama's camp then perhaps we can start discussing the REAL issues in this election.