Obama Finance Chief Made Thousands of Dubious Loans

The Paperboy

Times Square
Aug 26, 2008
Times Square
Let me introduce you to the national finance chair of Barack Obama's presidential campaign, Penny Pritzker:

Wikipedia:

Penny Sue Pritzker (b. 1959) is an American business executive, and a member of the Pritzker family of Chicago, one of America's wealthiest families. She is currently Chair of Classic Residence by Hyatt, a chain of luxury senior living communities spread throughout the United States, and the national finance chair of Barack Obama's presidential campaign.

Link here

Huffington Report:

The head of your campaign finance chair is Penny Pritzker. Before taking over Obama's campaign finances, she headed up the borderline shady and failed Superior Bank. It collapsed in 2002. The bank engaged in deceptive and faulty lending, questionable accounting practices, and charged hidden fees. It made thousands of dubious loans to mostly poor, strapped homeowners. A disproportionate number of them were minority. Why does she still have a principal financial role in your campaign?

Link here

USA Today:

Campaign advisers tied to lending crisis: Obama's national finance chairwoman, Penny Pritzker, was chairwoman of the board of a Chicago-area bank in 1993 when it adopted a subprime business strategy that regulators say ultimately led it to collapse in 2001.

Superior's board and managers "ignored sound risk-management principles and failed to adequately oversee Superior's operations," the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation's (FDIC) Inspector General concluded in 2002.

Link Here

Johnson, Raines and Pritzker. Has a certain ring to it, don't ya think? :D

Ya that's how I feel when I post about stolen elections. It's almost like people don't want to discuss issues, just bitch about the other side.

Perhaps Gore should consider carrying his own State next lifetime. Save us all a lot of trouble. :D

He he.... I was just talking to someone about this very point. He laffed at me when I told him I was from MN, which happens to be the only state that carried Mondale in the Mondale/Reagan presidential race. Mondale is a loser, but not nearly the loser that Al Gore is. :D

Obama is such a fraud. Even today he was on his usual pious soap box all puffed up with fake indigation, saying he would see to it none of the corp leaders would walk away with big bonuses. Too late asshat ..you've been already lining their pockets for a few years now.

Obama is such a fraud. Even today he was on his usual pious soap box all puffed up with fake indigation, saying he would see to it none of the corp leaders would walk away with big bonuses. Too late asshat ..you've been already lining their pockets for a few years now.

His zealots are frauds too.

They kept fawning over him b/c he promised a "new tone", b/c he was above partisan rancor.

Now they howl for him to jump in and get bloody while they hack emails and astroturf.

remind me again... WHO is McCain's Campaign manager? oh fuck...that's right... Rick Davis... the guy who made 2 million lobbying for Fannie Mae....

and who is McCain's likely Sec of Treasury? Phil Graham!! the king of deregulation.

when you stupid fucks admit that McCain is in bed with people who are as bad OR worse than the people in Obama's camp then perhaps we can start discussing the REAL issues in this election.

remind me again... WHO is McCain's Campaign manager? oh fuck...that's right... Rick Davis... the guy who made 2 million lobbying for Fannie Mae....

and who is McCain's likely Sec of Treasury? Phil Graham!! the king of deregulation.

when you stupid fucks admit that McCain is in bed with people who are as bad OR worse than the people in Obama's camp then perhaps we can start discussing the REAL issues in this election.

other than the economy tanking---what are the REAL issues ?

His zealots are frauds too.

They kept fawning over him b/c he promised a "new tone", b/c he was above partisan rancor.

Now they howl for him to jump in and get bloody while they hack emails and astroturf.

They are a bunch of charlatans too. They run around the internet perpetrating his frauds, and then feign amazement and outrage that no one believes their crapola. Like we don't know a lot of these little trolls get paid to do what they are doing..

Oh you mean Gramm who stepped down as a campaign finance advisor, oh ok. I was making sure we were talking about the same Gramm....Sec. of Treasury I think not...:cuckoo:

Omg...Btw Lobbying as part of a firm isn't the same as committing fraud and walking away with millions. While investors and the American taxpayer are left paying to bail your company out of fiscal ruin.

"Gramm who stepped down as a campaign finance advisor..."

But Gramm will likely be Treasury Secretary under a McCain administration. And what about Davis? You quoted Silence, but you ignored his/her mention of Rick Davis:

"Senator John McCain’s campaign manager was paid more than $30,000 a month for five years as president of an advocacy group set up by the mortgage giants Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac to defend them against stricter regulations, current and former officials say."

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/09/22/us/politics/22mccain.html?_r=1&em&oref=slogin

"Gramm who stepped down as a campaign finance advisor..."

But Gramm will likely be Treasury Secretary under a McCain administration. And what about Davis? You quoted Silence, but you ignored his/her mention of Rick Davis:

"Senator John McCain’s campaign manager was paid more than $30,000 a month for five years as president of an advocacy group set up by the mortgage giants Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac to defend them against stricter regulations, current and former officials say."

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/09/22/us/politics/22mccain.html?_r=1&em&oref=slogin

From your article...

The spokesman, Tucker Bounds, also noted that the Homeownership Alliance included nonprofit organizations like Habitat for Humanity and the Urban League. “It’s not controversial to promote homeownership and minority homeownership,” Mr. Bounds said. More than a half-dozen current and former executives, however, said the Homeownership Alliance was set up mainly to defend Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac by promoting their role in the housing market, and the two companies paid almost the entire cost of the group’s operations.

“They were financed largely, possibly exclusively, by Fannie and Freddie,” said William R. Maloni, a Democrat who is a former head of industry relations for Fannie Mae. “We thought it would be helpful to have someone who was a broadly recognized Republican to be the face of the organization, and that person became Rick Davis.” Mr. Maloni added, “Rick, for that purpose, turned out to be quite good.” (Several executives said Mr. Davis’s compensation was not unusual for the companies’ well-connected consultants.)

Seems to me that this is another example of a hit piece by the NY Times. Note the quote linking Davis to Freddie and Fannie is made by a democrat. Anyway if you take it for the truth, worst case scenerio, he was an advocate for lenders.While Obama's economic advisors are former CEO's who walked away with millions in fradulent money. Do you see the difference?

Forum List

Back