Obama Finally Did It

Lycurgus

Who is Obama, really...??
Nov 22, 2008
Midwest
Well Obama Finally Did It

For two years I have listened to this man preach change. For two years I have looked everywhere for some Obama actions (substance) which supported this message. I began this search because I actually liked a few things about the guy. However, it ended with me looking simply because I could never find any, hence there was no substance to support believing in his words.

Well hot dog! Obama has recently just completed something which at least to some degree speaks to change. Not wild, ground breaking awesome change mind you, but, nevertheless, change.

So one feather for Obama, his security team along with placing three former in party opponents on his team, does represent some change, from what we are use to in Washington.

No, no I am not wetting my panties like many of the MSLSD media did and it is going to take a great deal more change of substance to deliver on all that came from his mouth, but, I cannot and will not let this pass without publicly giving Obama a little :clap2: for some change!

One change I see is that he seems to be picking people (mostly) that are best suited for the job, rather than passing out favors to friends and colleagues. Now, I could be wrong about that, but at the very least he is not picking 'yes men' and that is great.

It's possible Clinton and maybe Richardson were some sort of debt payment, but the others seem like genuine 'best qualified' picks.

• Thanks
Reactions: del
One change I see is that he seems to be picking people (mostly) that are best suited for the job, rather than passing out favors to friends and colleagues. Now, I could be wrong about that, but at the very least he is not picking 'yes men' and that is great.

It's possible Clinton and maybe Richardson were some sort of debt payment, but the others seem like genuine 'best qualified' picks.

I think that's what's going on, too.

I think O is selecting what he thinks is the strongest team he can regardless of party affiliation,

I also think some of these appointments are meant to mend fences in the Democratic party, some are meant to build bridges to the Republican party.

That is most definitely not what we've become accustomed to in the last eight years, that's for damned sure.

The Republocratic party realizes that they've scuttled the ship of state.

Maybe they really will do something other than rearrange the decks chairs and make political opponents walk the planks.

It's hopeful.

We'll see come January.

The Obamanians are going to hit the ground running.

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: del
I think that's what's going on, too.

I think O is selecting what he thinks is the strongest team he can regardless of party affiliation,

I also think some of these appointments are meant to mend fences in the Democratic party, some are meant to build bridges to the Republican party.

That is most definitely not what we've become accustomed to in the last eight years, that's for damned sure.

The Republocratic party realizes that they've scuttled the ship of state.

Maybe they really will do something other than rearrange the decks chairs and make political opponents walk the planks.

It's hopeful.

We'll see come January.

The Obamanians are going to hit the ground running.

How many republicans has he appointed?

He is not picking straight from the best in this nation. He is playing party politics to a degree, as he should and he is mending fences and paying back political debts to a degree, as he should. None of this is unexpected. But, on the recent security picks, he really tried within those parameters to make strong picks and I think he did pretty well.

you know everyone (talking heads) are asking, will Obama lean to the left or right on this or that.

IMO the best thing Obama (or any national leader) can do is simply do what is overall the best for the nation at large and forget about right or left and who says what. Use your very best judgement, get advice from all corners, do your best, if you screw up, say so and get busy fixing it and don't dwell on it.

It's like a damn school PTA some decide based on what is best overall for the kids and others do it for a pat on the back or to fit in with a certain group. Those types are the ones who gunk it all up.

Easy huh? LOL

Wish it was!

If we could tone down all of the social bull shit and treat this nation like the huge business it is, we would be much better off.

Lycurgus, a nation is not a business. It is the totality of its people and land. A business is simply about profit and a product. A nation is about the health and welfare of it's people. That covers everything from the the land and water of the nation, to it's defense, and education. The only way a "profit" can be measured in that equation is the welfare of the nations people. And that is social.

Lycurgus, a nation is not a business. It is the totality of its people and land. A business is simply about profit and a product. A nation is about the health and welfare of it's people. That covers everything from the the land and water of the nation, to it's defense, and education. The only way a "profit" can be measured in that equation is the welfare of the nations people. And that is social.

Thank you, I understand that a Nation is not a business. I think you missed the tone of my thought.

By the way, a well ran company is not "only" about profit.

Oh and think about this, have you ever walked into say hmmm ......... let's pick one here, the clerk of courts office for instance and taken apart there books? Or heck you can pretty much pick any government office you want.

Go read the hard figures, then you will get what I was leaning at. I didn't claim to stop worrying about social, I said tone it down.

But hey, thanks and give it some thought.

How many republicans has he appointed?

He is not picking straight from the best in this nation. He is playing party politics to a degree, as he should and he is mending fences and paying back political debts to a degree, as he should. None of this is unexpected. But, on the recent security picks, he really tried within those parameters to make strong picks and I think he did pretty well.

you know everyone (talking heads) are asking, will Obama lean to the left or right on this or that.

IMO the best thing Obama (or any national leader) can do is simply do what is overall the best for the nation at large and forget about right or left and who says what. Use your very best judgement, get advice from all corners, do your best, if you screw up, say so and get busy fixing it and don't dwell on it.

It's like a damn school PTA some decide based on what is best overall for the kids and others do it for a pat on the back or to fit in with a certain group. Those types are the ones who gunk it all up.

Easy huh? LOL

Wish it was!

If we could tone down all of the social bull shit and treat this nation like the huge business it is, we would be much better off.

Basically it looks like 2 so far.. Robert Gates as Sec of Defense and Gen.Jones who will be national security advisor both have long standing ties to Republican administrations, Gen.Jones is also a close friend of McCain.

Forum List

Back