obama fighting to keep indefinite detention provision in the NDAA

Typical that you right wing thugs don't have a clue as to what you are talking about. The GOP loves shredding the constitution to implement huge government and anti-freedom. The freedom fighters on the left are strongly against it.

On the patriot act renewal vote (with Obama in office as well as the "less government!" "pro-constitution!" teabaggers)

GOP/Teabaggers for more government and less freedom: 210/27

Democrats for more government and less freedom: 65/117

House Roll Call #36 Details - OpenCongress

It's pretty easy to see the GOP/teabagger trash had freedom and liberty, where the democrats support it like our founding fathers wanted.

If you hate freedom and think the constitution is nothing more than a piece of toilet paper, Vote republican!

Here's the problem
Bush did it I did not support it, obama didn't support but continued what was started and the left supports it.
We must end this bush did it but support what bush started if we are to get control of the federal government.

The left does NOT support crapping on the constitution to implement more government and less freedom. Again, look at the votes. The democrats have been strongly against the patriot act as well as NDAA. If it wasn't for the GOP thugs, these bills never would have been passed.

It all comes down to supporting those that stand behind freedom, liberty, and the constitution. If you agree, the GOP/teabaggers are the absoutly last people you want to support.

What the hell does your link have to do with anything?

We're talking about progressive liberals (such as yourself) site who dispised the Patriot Act until Obama took office, now they support it 100%.

Immie

On May 26, 2011, President Barack Obama used an Autopen to sign a four-year extension of three key provisions in the USA PATRIOT Act while he was in France:[2] roving wiretaps, searches of business records (the "library records provision"), and conducting surveillance of "lone wolves" — individuals suspected of terrorist-related activities not linked to terrorist groups.[3]. Republican leaders questioned if the use of the Autopen met the consitutional requirements for signing a bill into law.

The Patriot act is now all Obama. BTW congress created the Patriot Act.

On May 26, 2011, President Barack Obama used an Autopen to sign a four-year extension of three key provisions in the USA PATRIOT Act while he was in France:[2] roving wiretaps, searches of business records (the "library records provision"), and conducting surveillance of "lone wolves" — individuals suspected of terrorist-related activities not linked to terrorist groups.[3]. Republican leaders questioned if the use of the Autopen met the consitutional requirements for signing a bill into law.

The Patriot act is now all Obama. BTW congress created the Patriot Act.

Congress creates all laws and the Patriot Act was created with Bush's full support and blessings. If conservatives are going to blame Obama for the ACA otherwise known as "Obamacare" then they have to live with the fact that George Bush is to blame for the Patriot Act and I'll throw this in; he is partially responsible for the NDAA because he opened the damned door and let the cows out.

Immie

Typical that you right wing thugs don't have a clue as to what you are talking about. The GOP loves shredding the constitution to implement huge government and anti-freedom. The freedom fighters on the left are strongly against it.

On the patriot act renewal vote (with Obama in office as well as the "less government!" "pro-constitution!" teabaggers)

It's pretty easy to see the GOP/teabagger trash had freedom and liberty, where the democrats support it like our founding fathers wanted.

If you hate freedom and think the constitution is nothing more than a piece of toilet paper, Vote republican!

Here's the problem
Bush did it I did not support it, obama didn't support but continued what was started and the left supports it.
We must end this bush did it but support what bush started if we are to get control of the federal government.

The left does NOT support crapping on the constitution to implement more government and less freedom. Again, look at the votes. The democrats have been strongly against the patriot act as well as NDAA. If it wasn't for the GOP thugs, these bills never would have been passed.

It all comes down to supporting those that stand behind freedom, liberty, and the constitution. If you agree, the GOP/teabaggers are the absoutly last people you want to support.
Are you going to vote for obama yes or no?

Here's the problem

We're talking about progressive liberals (such as yourself) site who dispised the Patriot Act until Obama took office, now they support it 100%.

Immie

If your claim was true, then the democrats would have almost unanimously supported it like the GOP thugs did. As you can see from the vote you are completely wrong.

Last edited:

Immie

If your claim was true, than the democrats would have almost unanimously supported it like the GOP thugs did. As you can see from the vote you are completely wrong.

What are you talking about, progressive liberals on site do support it after Obama became President. My guess is even you do, but you won't admit that now. You probably support the NDAA as well, and the execution of Anwar al-Aulagi without a trial as well.

Come on, can you think of anything your god has done wrong?

Immie

Immie

If your claim was true, than the democrats would have almost unanimously supported it like the GOP thugs did. As you can see from the vote you are completely wrong.

What are you talking about, progressive liberals on site do support it after Obama became President. My guess is even you do, but you won't admit that now. You probably support the NDAA as well, and the execution of Anwar al-Aulagi without a trial as well.

Immie

Immie

I don't support it and I haven't seen anyone on the left support it either. Also like i've shown you, the elected democrats don't support huge government and anti-freedom, but the GOP/teabaggers sure do.

The democrats stand for freedom, liberty, and the constitution. Those on the hard right pretend they do, but once in office, crap all over the constitution to try to turn the nation into a hard right wing police state. Their obedient sheep don't care, they will keep punching (R) on election day no matter what.

Last edited:

Immie

If your claim was true, then the democrats would have almost unanimously supported it like the GOP thugs did. As you can see from the vote you are completely wrong.

You don't get it the patriot act was a bipartisan law just as the NDAA AND S. 679, even though most Republicans in the house did not support but 95 did only one from my state supported it but she's not running again.

So you have some explaining to do why would you support something you would not support when bush was president? and if you vote for obama you are doing just that voting for what bush did.

Immie

Immie

I don't support it and I haven't seen anyone on the left support it either. Also like i've shown you, the elected democrats don't support huge government and anti-freedom, but the GOP/teabaggers sure do.

The democrats stand for freedom, liberty, and the constitution. Those on the hard right pretend they do, but once in office, crap all over the constitution to try to turn the nation into a hard right wing police state. Their obedient sheep don't care, they will keep punching (R) on election day no matter what.

Stop it, are you voting for obama?

Immie

Immie

Right... Democrats support freedom, liberty and the Constitution and they give us Obamacare. What the hell are you snorting?

Democrats can talk a hell of a game, but when it gets down to honesty, you throw a one issue on one website at us and tell us that the Democrats support freedom, liberty and the Constitution. We're supposed to take you seriously? Seriously?

You are full of shit.

Your webpage lists one issue and you declare that Democrats support freedom, liberty and the Constitution. Well, as P.T. Barnum is credited with saying, and your posts here seem to confirm, "There's a sucker born every minute". You're a sucker because you believe the shit you're peddling.

Immie

Last edited:

Immie

You don't get it the patriot act was a bipartisan law just as the NDAA AND S. 679, even though most Republicans in the house did not support but 95 did only one from my state supported it but she's not running again.

So you have some explaining to do why would you support something you would not support when bush was president? and if you vote for obama you are doing just that voting for what bush did.

Do you have trouble reading? The GOP/teabagger thugs voted 190/43 in favor for NDAA

The GOP/baggers also voted 210/27 in favor of renewing the patriot act.

You have some explaining why you still support the republican/teabaggers that hate freedom and liberty so much? Do you hate the constitution? Sure sounds like it,...

Last edited:

Do you have trouble reading? The GOP/teabagger thugs voted 190/43 in favor for NDAA

The GOP/baggers also voted 210/27 in favor of renewing the patriot act.

Do you have trouble reading?

It's okay when a Democrat does it.

No it isn't. In fact, it is probably the biggest thing in Obama's presidency that I am most disappointed in. I am ashamed that this gestapo dreck got any Democratic support at all. Obama should have been pushing for the end of this crap, not embracing it and continuing it. Thanks to the Republicans who put this shit in place, we'll probably always have big brother looking over our shoulders. You can't give government powers and then expect them to just give them up.

No it isn't. In fact, it is probably the biggest thing in Obama's presidency that I am most disappointed in. I am ashamed that this gestapo dreck got any Democratic support at all. Obama should have been pushing for the end of this crap, not embracing it and continuing it. Thanks to the Republicans who put this shit in place, we'll probably always have big brother looking over our shoulders. You can't give government powers and then expect them to just give them up.

Actually Bush had nothing to do with the NDAA 2012

Here let's take a different look at your belief in Democrats supporting "freedom, liberty and the Constitution".

House Roll Call #460 Details - OpenCongress

The repeal of Obamacare

Ayes 5 Democrats, 239 Republicans
Noes 185 Democrats, 0 Republicans
Abstain 1 Democrat, 1 Republican

Another Freedom issue overwhelmingly supported by Republicans and opposed by Democrats

House Roll Call #852 Details - OpenCongress

I'm sure we can both pick and choose the issues that we see as being related to freedom and we can both "prove" that the side we are currently taking is better than the other side, but when you get right down to it, neither the Republicans nor the Democrats are for OUR freedoms. Both sides are out to limit our freedoms they're just taking aim at different freedoms at the moment.

Immie

Immie

Immie

Right... Democrats support freedom, liberty and the Constitution and they give us Obamacare. What the hell are you snorting?

Democrats can talk a hell of a game, but when it gets down to honesty, you throw a one issue on one website at us and tell us that the Democrats support freedom, liberty and the Constitution. We're supposed to take you seriously? Seriously?

You are full of shit.

Your webpage lists one issue and you declare that Democrats support freedom, liberty and the Constitution. Well, as P.T. Barnum is credited with saying, and your posts here seem to confirm, "There's a sucker born every minute". You're a sucker because you believe the shit you're peddling.

Immie

Damn right the democrat left is anything but about freedom. They are after all the party of:

Slavery
Jim Crow
Segregation, yesterday, today and tomorrow
Poll taxes
Did not support any civil rights act up to LBJ with the longest filibuster against in Senate history.
Their military arm is the KKK

Their dislike for freedom runs in their blood, they really can't help themselves.

Did you note in this very thread I believe, no less then two "liberals" used gays as an insult? Boy do they hate to have their homophobia pointed out.

Here let's take a different look at your belief in Democrats supporting "freedom, liberty and the Constitution".

House Roll Call #460 Details - OpenCongress

The repeal of Obamacare

Ayes 5 Democrats, 239 Republicans
Noes 185 Democrats, 0 Republicans
Abstain 1 Democrat, 1 Republican

Another Freedom issue overwhelmingly supported by Republicans and opposed by Democrats

House Roll Call #852 Details - OpenCongress

I'm sure we can both pick and choose the issues that we see as being related to freedom and we can both "prove" that the side we are currently taking is better than the other side, but when you get right down to it, neither the Republicans nor the Democrats are for OUR freedoms. Both sides are out to limit our freedoms they're just taking aim at different freedoms at the moment.

Immie

Immie this get us no where but more of the same. But I do understand your point and applaud it.

You are full of shit.

Immie

Damn right the democrat left is anything but about freedom. They are after all the party of:

Slavery
Jim Crow
Segregation, yesterday, today and tomorrow
Poll taxes
Did not support any civil rights act up to LBJ with the longest filibuster against in Senate history.
Their military arm is the KKK

Their dislike for freedom runs in their blood, they really can't help themselves.

Did you note in this very thread I believe, no less then two "liberals" used gays as an insult? Boy do they hate to have their homophobia pointed out.

Do you walk down the middle of our cities today feeling safe? :badgrin: Think long and hard.

I have to spread the rep around.

The fact is that you are 100% correct. My troubles with the Bush Admin began shortly after 9/11. When he gave the no-bid contracts to Haliburton, it just plain smelled like payback. That started the slide for me. I know, many conservatives say Haliburton was the best, or only company that could do the job. I don't care, it stunk. If they were the only ones for the job, then fine, let them bid just like every other company, but don't just give it away. When something appears to be a conflict of interest then it is up to the parties involved to make damn sure every "t" is crossed and every "i" is dotted and that there is not even an inkling of favortism. The Bush admin failed here bigtime.

From there, it just went downhill. Had the Democrats offered someone decent that year, hell, I even considered voting for Hilary, I would have voted for them. Instead, I saw Kerry in the same light that I see Romney today and I wouldn't vote for either one of them.

Bush got my vote in 2004... McCain didn't in 2008 and Romney won't in 2012.

Immie

Here's the problem

Veto pen broken?

Forum List

Back