obama fighting to keep indefinite detention provision in the NDAA

bigrebnc1775

][][][% NC Sheepdog
Gold Supporting Member
Jun 12, 2010
Kannapolis, N.C.
OH right obama supporters time to defend why you would support a president who would fight to strip away American citizens of their constitutional protected rights?

On Monday lawyers representing the Obama administration filed an appeal challenging an injunction issued by a federal judge in May barring the enforcement of the indefinite detention provision of the National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA).

This was likely a premature response to a ruling expected on a hearing held Tuesday to make the temporary injunction permanent.

Oral arguments on a request filed by plaintiffs to permanently enjoin the federal government from enforcing the indefinite detention provisions of the NDAA were heard Tuesday during four hours of questions and answers, but at press time the court had issued no ruling.

Curiously, not a single outlet of the mainstream media reported this important event.

On May 16 Judge Katherine Forrest (left photo, above) of the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York issued a preliminary injunction preventing the Obama administration from exercising the indefinite detention authority granted the President by Section 1021 of the NDAA.

Obama Admin. Files Appeal of NDAA Injunction

Didn't you know that the left was in love with the Patriot Act and NDAA since they found out Obama was? If Romney wins I am sure they will rethink their position.

Didn't you know that the left was in love with the Patriot Act and NDAA since they found out Obama was? If Romney wins I am sure they will rethink their position.

No I wasn't aware they were in love with the patriot act until obama fell in love with it after he was elected.

It's time for you to explain why you support those on the hard right that are for more government and less freedom (the GOP/teabaggers also almost unanimously voted for the patriot act renewal as well)

GOP/Teabaggers for more government and less freedom: 190/43

NDAA Bill: How Did Your Congress Member Vote? - International Business Times
I can only take care of those who are in my state.
I have pressed them as to why theu supported it.

Nice excuse :eusa_hand:

It's time for you to explain why you support those on the hard right that are for more government and less freedom (the GOP/teabaggers also almost unanimously voted for the patriot act renewal as well)

GOP/Teabaggers for more government and less freedom: 190/43

NDAA Bill: How Did Your Congress Member Vote? - International Business Times
I can only take care of those who are in my state.
I have pressed them as to why theu supported it.

What excuse? I am doing what I can do, unlike you you support it.

Actually, they fell in love with it the minute it was announced that Obama would be the next President of the United States.

Immie

OH right obama supporters time to defend why you would support a president who would fight to strip away American citizens of their constitutional protected rights?

On Monday lawyers representing the Obama administration filed an appeal challenging an injunction issued by a federal judge in May barring the enforcement of the indefinite detention provision of the National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA).

This was likely a premature response to a ruling expected on a hearing held Tuesday to make the temporary injunction permanent.

Oral arguments on a request filed by plaintiffs to permanently enjoin the federal government from enforcing the indefinite detention provisions of the NDAA were heard Tuesday during four hours of questions and answers, but at press time the court had issued no ruling.

Curiously, not a single outlet of the mainstream media reported this important event.

On May 16 Judge Katherine Forrest (left photo, above) of the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York issued a preliminary injunction preventing the Obama administration from exercising the indefinite detention authority granted the President by Section 1021 of the NDAA.

Why? For the same reason that the right wingers supported Bush on it I suppose. Fear? Blind partisanship, etc.

What excuse? I am doing what I can do, unlike you you support it.

What are you doing? Making sure you never vote (R) again? If not, you are supporting it.

I'm making phone call going to their home office.
NC 1 Rep. George K. 'G.K.' Butterfield Jr. Democratic Yea
NC 2 Rep. Renee Ellmers Republican Yea
NC 3 Rep. Walter Beaman Jones Jr. Republican Nay
NC 4 Rep. David Eugene Price Democratic Nay
NC 5 Rep. Virginia Ann Foxx Republican Yea
NC 6 Rep. John Howard Coble Republican Did Not Vote (MY Rep did not vote for it)
NC 7 Rep. Douglas Carmichael 'Mike' McIntyre Democratic Yea
NC 8 Rep. Lawrence Webb 'Larry' Kissell Democratic Yea
NC 9 Rep. Suellen W. 'Sue' Myrick Republican Did Not Vote *not running again)
NC 10 Rep. Patrick T. McHenry Republican Yea
NC 11 Rep. Joseph Heath Shuler Democratic Yea
NC 12 Rep. Melvin Luther 'Mel' Watt Democratic Nay
NC 13 Rep. Ralph Bradley 'Brad' Miller Democratic Nay
My state did not have anyone from the tea party.
This is one thing my state is doing
http://uswgo.com/rep-byran-holloway-supports-nc-h-r-982-to-oppose-ndaa-thanks-to-nullify-ndaa.htm

Why? For the same reason that the right wingers supported Bush on it I suppose. Fear? Blind partisanship, etc.

Not all right wingers supported bush and the patriot act.

Actually, they fell in love with it the minute it was announced that Obama would be the next President of the United States.

Immie

Typical that you right wing thugs don't have a clue as to what you are talking about. The GOP loves shredding the constitution to implement huge government and anti-freedom. The freedom fighters on the left are strongly against it.

On the patriot act renewal vote (with Obama in office as well as the "less government!" "pro-constitution!" teabaggers)

GOP/Teabaggers for more government and less freedom: 210/27

Democrats for more government and less freedom: 65/117

House Roll Call #36 Details - OpenCongress

It's pretty easy to see the GOP/teabagger trash had freedom and liberty, where the democrats support it like our founding fathers wanted.

If you hate freedom and think the constitution is nothing more than a piece of toilet paper, Vote republican!

Last edited:

Immie

Typical that you right wing thugs don't have a clue as to what you are talking about. The GOP loves shredding the constitution to implement huge government and anti-freedom. The freedom fighters on the left are strongly against it.

On the patriot act renewal vote (with Obama in office as well as the "less government!" "pro-constitution!" teabaggers)

It's pretty easy to see the GOP/teabagger trash had freedom and liberty, where the democrats support it like our founding fathers wanted.

If you hate freedom and think the constitution is nothing more than a piece of toilet paper, Vote republican!

Here's the problem
Bush did it I did not support it, obama didn't support but continued what was started and the left supports it.
We must end this bush did it but support what bush started if we are to get control of the federal government.

Immie

Here's the problem
Bush did it I did not support it, obama didn't support but continued what was started and the left supports it.
We must end this bush did it but support what bush started if we are to get control of the federal government.

The left does NOT support crapping on the constitution to implement more government and less freedom. Again, look at the votes. The democrats have been strongly against the patriot act as well as NDAA. If it wasn't for the GOP thugs, these bills never would have been passed.

It all comes down to supporting those that stand behind freedom, liberty, and the constitution. If you agree, the GOP/teabaggers are the absoutly last people you want to support.

Immie

Funny, I'm not voting Republican and didn't in 2008, because of all the crap similar to the Patriot Act done by Bush.

Unfortunately, you don't care about freedom because you are still supporting the status quo which is Obama. If you thought the Constitution was more than a piece of toilet paper, you would be screaming for his ouster as well, but no now that your man is in the Oval Office Constitutional Rights for conservatives be damned. Ain't that right B_L?

Immie

New Topics

Forum List

Back