Obama family enjoys 10 day vacation

What were you saying while Bush was breaking records for vactation time?

For Obamas, a (mostly) uninterrupted vacation - Yahoo! News

And we're so very glad that he didn't have to do "president stuff" this time. I know it really cuts into his flashy lifestyle to be president.

Hopefully, the girls will be starting school soon and they'll stop jetsetting all over the world.

Hate to say it BO...but vacation's over...back to work.

Shit man, bite your tongue, we're much better off when he's on vacation.

At some point I hope the left and the media accepts the fact that Obama is President.I for one am painfully aware that he is.I can tell that by the high unemployment,the lack of consumer confidence,the sluggish economy,the immigration issue,and other things.

When is the left going to accept this.Whenever the President gives a speech he ALWAYS brings up the prior administration caused all these problems....He never brings up the fact that the Left controlled congress during the last two years of Bush's last term.

So when the President is questioned about anything he has done or not done can't the left just defend the President's position and not complain about the prior administration.

When will the left accept the fact that they have the WH and Congress and they are responsible for their actions.If they are not comfortable with their responsibility then maybe they should go back to community organizer or something.:eusa_whistle:

Last edited:

You mean while he was hangin out at his little do nothing piddly ranch? Or are you referring to his time at Camp David...the presidential retreat. Either place, he's not spending THOUSANDS a night for multi-million dollar resort homes in the Vineyard or Hawaii. Nor did he spend his birthday with friends while his wife and daughter kicked it in Spain for a week.

Mr. Bush didn't have a 9.7 unemployment rate either.

Nine...that's the number of family vacations the Obama's have taken in 18 months. Some of them short 3 day visits to Chicago and then there's the 2 week Christmas in Hawaii at $4,000 a night for the 8.9 million dollar beach house they enjoyed, while the rest of the country worried about how they were going to put presents under the tree. By the way, there were 2 other homes next door that were also rented for other family and friends to enjoy.

I don't care about the number of days really...it's the way they spend them. And SPEND is a very important word here.

Bush hung out in HIS ranch house or enjoyed the provisions of the POTUS at Camp David. If you add up all the money Obama has cost the US in travel and compare it to the costs incurred by GWB, the numbers don't lie. Obama has racked up MILLIONS more while the country suffers a financial downturn of historical proportion.

For Obamas, a (mostly) uninterrupted vacation - Yahoo! News

And we're so very glad that he didn't have to do "president stuff" this time. I know it really cuts into his flashy lifestyle to be president.

Hopefully, the girls will be starting school soon and they'll stop jetsetting all over the world.

Hate to say it BO...but vacation's over...back to work.

Shit man, bite your tongue, we're much better off when he's on vacation.

You really think so? Do you know how much the tax payers are shelling out for his little "getaways"??? Someone should REALLY let him in on that little secret about Camp David

I'm trying to think. In the eight years he was President, did President & Mrs. Bush vacation anywhere other than Camp David or Crawford or maybe their family place at Kennebunkport? And many of those I know were working vacations. But I can't think of any 'fun' trips they took when he was POTUS.

Last edited:
I'm trying to think. In the eight years he was President, did President & Mrs. Bush vacation anywhere other than Camp David or Crawford or maybe their family place at Kennebunkport? And many of those I know were working vacations. But I can't think of any 'fun' trips they took when he was POTUS.

Nope...you're dead on the money. They were either in TX or at Camp David on personal trips. And to be fair to the lefties...he was gone ALOT. But I understand...there's no place like TX and when you've lived there, you want to go back OFTEN. Even if it IS just to a 60 year old remodeled ranch house on 1600 acres in Crawford.

10 day vacation for Syrenn:

10 days at the vacation home on the lake. $150 a day
10 day on the road. $1500 a day

So ya cant tell me "vacationing" at home costs anywhere near vacationing on the road.

Obama family enjoys 10 day vacation

Good for them. I would try to take vacations too if I was doing the hardest and most underpaid job in the world.

Not so long ago I took a 3 week vacation. It wasn't cheap but I had a great time. I would have liked it better if I could have gotten the taxpayers to spring for the tab...

If you can take a vacation then go for it. If you take an expensive vacation by most people's standards after telling them to tighten their belts then you should expect criticism.

If you are making over $400,000 year it is hard for you to say that you are underpaid whether others make more than you do or not. That is especially true if you spend 20 million dollars trying to get that $400,000 a year job.

Forum List

Back