Obama Fails To Sway Public On Gun Control, Poll Finds

Missourian

Diamond Member
Aug 30, 2008
Missouri
Despite years of speeches, addresses, events and a legislative push, President Obama has failed to convince the public on key gun control positions that he has advocated, according to the latest IBD/TIPP poll.

Just 42% of the public thinks stricter gun control laws will help keep guns out of the hands of criminals, while 52% think increased gun ownership increases public safety.

The poll also found that 42% of adults say that they or someone in their household owns a gun, and 28% say they are planning to buy one; 55% of them say that it is for "security or protection." Among married women, 49% say that they or someone in their house owns a gun.

The public also overwhelmingly agrees with gun-rights groups that the Second Amendment "will always be a relevant and necessary safeguard against tyranny." Fully 72% side with that view. Support for this view crosses demographic and ideological lines — 52% of Democrats feel this way, as do 52% of those who don't own or plan to buy a gun.

Read More At Investor's Business Daily: Obama Fails To Sway Public On Gun Control, Poll Finds
Follow us: @IBDinvestors on Twitter | InvestorsBusinessDaily on Facebook

In related news...NRA more popular than ever.

Rising Support for NRA Stymies Obama

President’s executive action on gun rules come as polls show why Congress is loathe to take action

Jan. 6, 2016 7:46 p.m. ET When pollsters asked people three decades ago how they felt about the National Rifle Association, 27% said they strongly supported the gun lobby. By last month, that share had grown 38%, an 11-point increase. Meanwhile, the share that didn’t side with the NRA also declined.

Rising Support for NRA Stymies Obama --Wall Street Journal

Gun sales are way up too. We can only hope CNN hangs tough with the President....

...cough,cough.

I suppose we will hear all about it again on Justice Ginsberg Drink Night.

That's because during his Townhall meeting he avoided answering the tough questions, misled, and lied. The one answer he CAN'T give without destroying his own effort is that none of what he is imposing would bot have prevented any of the mass shootings and will not in the future.

The rape victim asked him why he couldn't see he was just making it less safe for her and her kids. He wouldn't even look her in the eyes. He just LIED/MISLWD by saying he was just trying to make sure people couldn't just buy a gun off the internet. Obama KNOWS that after you buy that gun you must pick it up at a gun store where you must still comply with the law. He didn't have the integrity to tell her that he is making it less safe for law-abiding citizens. What a terd...

Even though it took years, the dear leader and his merry band of regressives on this board finally convinced me that I needed to be a member of the NRA. Their palpable fear of the NRA told me it was an organization worth my life time support. Just got my membership packet and card today. :funnyface::funnyface::funnyface: to the regressives.

death+camps+repeats+2.jpg

Even though it took years, the dear leader and his merry band of regressives on this board finally convinced me that I needed to be a member of the NRA. Their palpable fear of the NRA told me it was an organization worth my life time support. Just got my membership packet and card today. :funnyface::funnyface::funnyface: to the regressives.

I've been a member, but I decided to upgrade to lifetime membership.

The NRA has extended $500 lifetime membership to February 29th | US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

I'm not a member but I do believe everyone in America who's not a mental idiot should own a gun for self defense.

If you have a gun you can defend yourself, your family and your property.

If you don't have a gun for self defense you won't be able to defend anyone from anything.

The gun is the tool and the person using it is the weapon. Background checks should be done to make sure some mental idiots can't get a gun.

The FF didn't put the 2nd in there so we could all go hunting. They put it in so we would have a way to defend ourselves against those trying to hurt us, domestic or foreign.

The FF were very smart men who had a clue even though the Constitution was written over 200 years ago. Very smart men indeed.

I'm a life member and after 2012 on a local So Cal gun website, I gave away 3 memberships a month. I asked for those who wanted to be NRA members but lacked the disposable income. It was quite popular

-Geaux

Voters don’t approve of President Obama’s decision to go it alone with several gun control initiatives and don’t believe his actions will reduce the number of mass killings the country has experienced recently.

Fifty-eight percent (58%) of Likely U.S. Voters say the government should only do what the president and Congress agree on when it comes to gun control. The latest Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey finds that 34% believe Obama should take action alone if Congress does not approve the initiatives he has proposed. (To see survey question wording, click here.)

Most Voters Oppose Obama Acting Alone on Gun Control - Rasmussen Reports™

Forum List

Back