Obama fails to head off 'fiscal cliff'

His failed leadership means the middle class gets hammered beginning in '14.

Wait 'till the peeps get their new premiums for Obamacare on top of it all.

Question becomes, will peeps make him pay in the midterm, or are they going to sheepishly continue to hold out for the free gubmint stuff which Obama has thusfar used to replace what was once known as opportunity and prosperity?

Not sure if I have faith in the American people to make the right call anymore.

I know I don't. The idiots in this country are now running it, nowhere to go but down.

Jo scarbourgh had on one of these rep idiots this morning.

He sat that and said the he would NOT compromise on anything he wanted.

then joeand everyone tore him a new one.

then Mica asked him about guns and he said everyone talking gun control was using the dead after he went on a speal about violent vidoe games

Joe and everyone tor him a new one

I disagree. Obama can merely recommend ideas in the hope his side of the isle will back it up. Those Democrats who agree draft a bill and pass it through.

I would agree with you a tad if the GOP actually sent a bill to the Senate, but they didnt, This is on the GOP, no amount of gerrymandering by the right will change that. They are fucking up big time.

The House certainly debated, passed and sent such legislation to the Senate, where it was not even considered.

It is called the budget.

So you agree with me, then.

Where was Boehner's leadership in crafting that budget in such a way that a Democratic Senate and a Democratic President could pass it and sign it respectively?

The HMFIC is the Leader of the Nation. He gets the credit and the blame.

You blamed Bush for the credit market implosion caused by Clinton, for example.

Why would this be the only POTUS, ever, to not be held accountable for such things?

When did you hold Reagan accountable for the massive explosion of deficits and debt in the 80's? Where would I read that?

When did you hold Clinton 'accountable' for balancing the budget in the 90's? Where's your praise for that? Where would I read that?

When did you hold Bush accountable for returning us to triple digit deficits? Where would I read that?

The Reagan era deficits were all his.

Clinton never balanced a budget, as the national debt increased ever year.

Bush, of course, never signed a budget creating a triple digit deficit. That of course has only been done by Obama. Are you blaming Bush for forging Obama's signature on the '09 budget?

LOL

100 billion is the number at which triple digit deficits start. 1 - 0 - 0. See? 3 digits.

When did you hold Reagan accountable for the massive explosion of deficits and debt in the 80's? Where would I read that?

When did you hold Clinton 'accountable' for balancing the budget in the 90's? Where's your praise for that? Where would I read that?

When did you hold Bush accountable for returning us to triple digit deficits? Where would I read that?

Bush, of course, never signed a budget creating a triple digit deficit. That of course has only been done by Obama. Are you blaming Bush for forging Obama's signature on the '09 budget?

LOL

100 billion is the number at which triple digit deficits start. 1 - 0 - 0. See? 3 digits.

Actually, that is a 12 digit number, dumbass.

LOL

But hey, Presidentin's HARD!!!

trillion.jpg

in a couple of weeks fewer republicans will be in our government.

a deal will be easier to reach.

sniper, you need any proof as to whos fault this load of shit is, just watch the stock market today.

Cantor told Bohner he had the votes for his plan B, even knowing the Democrats would have zip to do with it. Cantor set Bohner up to fail for his betterment y sandbagging the votes while the market will sell off big time today. Obama has zip to do with this. If you cant see that, you are useless.

Poll after poll show the GOP will take the blame. More damage to a already damaged brand.

The HMFIC is always held responsible, ultimately.

Agree or disagree?

Not always. When it's obvious the opposition is playing chicken with the economy, anything bad that happens will be totally on their heads. Starting to feel a little bad for Boehner, if he goes with the rest of his party, the voters will crucify him, but if he goes with what's best for the country, his party will crucify him. He must be wearing out the handkerchiefs these days!

sniper, you need any proof as to whos fault this load of shit is, just watch the stock market today.

Cantor told Bohner he had the votes for his plan B, even knowing the Democrats would have zip to do with it. Cantor set Bohner up to fail for his betterment y sandbagging the votes while the market will sell off big time today. Obama has zip to do with this. If you cant see that, you are useless.

Poll after poll show the GOP will take the blame. More damage to a already damaged brand.

The HMFIC is always held responsible, ultimately.

Agree or disagree?

Not always. When it's obvious the opposition is playing chicken with the economy, anything bad that happens will be totally on their heads. Starting to feel a little bad for Boehner, if he goes with the rest of his party, the voters will crucify him, but if he goes with what's best for the country, his party will crucify him. He must be wearing out the handkerchiefs these days!

Always.

See: History of Nation

Nice try, Snipper.

Why would this be the only POTUS, ever, to not be held accountable for such things?

I have a brother in law who is a Republican and works for a Republican Representative in Washington. According to him, the best thing is to go over the fiscal cliff and deal with a few more tough years.

Agreed!

I normally wouldn't support the working class tax increases, but clearly much of the working class is now voting for the free stuff in lieu of paying for it, so time to put them back on the tax roles so that they can remember how it feels to be responsible for what you spend.

When did you stop blaming Tip O'Neill? Today, for this post only, to keep yourself from looking stupid?

lol

LOL

Actually, that is a 12 digit number, dumbass.

]

Oh so when you first tried to say Obama had the first triple digit deficits, you were the dumbass.

Don't be so hard on yourself, Snipper.

When did you stop blaming Tip O'Neill? Today, for this post only, to keep yourself from looking stupid?

lol

Oh, Tip O'Neill forced him into it, of course.

But Reagan signed the legislation and history records it. That is just the way it is.

That is how it works.

The failure will be Obama's.

LOL
a balanced budget doesnt necessarily mean you are paying down the debt. interest accrues on the debt regardless.

I have a brother in law who is a Republican and works for a Republican Representative in Washington. According to him, the best thing is to go over the fiscal cliff and deal with a few more tough years.

Agreed!

I normally wouldn't support the working class tax increases, but clearly much of the working class is now voting for the free stuff in lieu of paying for it, so time to put them back on the tax roles so that they can remember how it feels to be responsible for what you spend.

Ah, so now finally you admit that the GOP screwed up with their excessive tax cuts.

LOL
a balanced budget doesnt necessarily mean you are paying down the debt. interest accrues on the debt regardless.

And when someone is arguing against that, we will let you know.

LOL

Agreed!

Ah, so now finally you admit that the GOP screwed up with their excessive tax cuts.
he look! we actually can blame Bush:

Tax hikes for the rich? Blame George W. Bush - The Term Sheet: Fortune's deals blog Term Sheet

Forum List

Back