Obama Eyes Interns

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Dont Taz Me Bro, Apr 12, 2010.

1. Dont Taz Me Bro

Dont Taz Me Bro USMB Mod Staff Member Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +17,487
    These internships provide valuable on the job experience which companies consider far more desirable than someone straight out of college with no experience and just a piece of paper saying they took so many classes. The market is saturated with college graduates today because our education system pushes everyone to go, so much to the point that it hardly mean much anymore. Just because these interns may not get paid in dollars, doesn't mean they aren't getting paid in other ways. This administration has a very myopic view on what education is. I learned more actually in my career doing my job than I ever did in school.

If the Federal government goes through with this the bottom line is a lot of these internships will simply dry up and disappear and it will be that much more difficult for a young adult out of school to get a job. Nobody is forced into an unpaid internship. It is a private agreement made between the intern and employer and the intern can leave when ever he wants.

This is just more proof how anti-business this administration is and that the government has gotten too damn big. These people just can't stay the fuck out of other people's business. Why do we need a Labor Secretary anyway? Sounds like another useless cabinet position that can be scrapped.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2010
  2. CMike

CMike Zionist, proud to be

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,408
    I agree. Internships are important for people to learn the trade.

3. rightwinger

rightwinger Paid Messageboard Poster Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +45,337
    Internships are a win-win situation for the employer and the employee. The intern gets valuable experience and the employer gets free labor. In a typical intern situation the employer is also providing one on one training.

I look at it as an agreement between consenting adults. Leave it alone