Obama Explains

"To brush aside America's responsibility as a leader and — more profoundly — our responsibilities to our fellow human beings under such circumstances would have been a betrayal of who we are," Obama said. "Some nations may be able to turn a blind eye to atrocities in other countries. The United States of America is different. And as president, I refused to wait for the images of slaughter and mass graves before taking action."

Hello??? Anyone home McFly? If that is why you went with the UN decision...then what is your excuse to ignore Rwanda, Darfur, etc?

Obama strongly defends US military action in Libya - Yahoo! News

Since there are images of slaughter in Syria and Yemen, I guess there will be more US action...

Comrades,

What a speech Papa Obama gave tonight to explain his "North African campaign".

There should be no more questions, otherwise you are a racist...

Yeah, Wasn't there some Austrian dude back in the 1940's that attempted a prior "North African campaign"? Can't seem to remember his name.......... :razz: ~BH

That was about oil for Germany.

This time is different, it's about oil for France.

"a Journalist in Libya was "sexually asaulted"!

Who? Where? And when? Do we have an interview, or just some video of some lady that claimed she was raped by qaddafi's men? Even if she was, and god bless her and her family, I mean that if it's true. Does any robot on either side of the Political field here have any idea how many Women were raped by Saddam's Republican Guard? Well then why did the Madman Obama vote against the Iraq War? Was it that Saddam just silenced his victims quicker then Qaddafi did? Wake up. ~BH

OooOooMESmilie.gif

EEWWWW EWWWWW.....I know...!

He is a hypocrite bastard?

:confused:

What an asshole he is. He let down so many idiots who voted for him. :lol: ~BH

Ame®icano;3472415 said:
Comrades,

Yeah, Wasn't there some Austrian dude back in the 1940's that attempted a prior "North African campaign"? Can't seem to remember his name.......... :razz: ~BH

Italy's too :eusa_shhh:

Yep.... Germany has nothing to gain there :doubt:

Der Spiegel publishes photos of U.S. soldiers posing with dead Afghan civilian - The Washington Post

The timing sucks, and in my opinion, is not a coincident.

"a Journalist in Libya was "sexually asaulted"!

Who? Where? And when? Do we have an interview, or just some video of some lady that claimed she was raped by qaddafi's men? Even if she was, and god bless her and her family, I mean that if it's true. Does any robot on either side of the Political field here have any idea how many Women were raped by Saddam's Republican Guard? Well then why did the Madman Obama vote against the Iraq War? Was it that Saddam just silenced his victims quicker then Qaddafi did? Wake up. ~BH

Well, apparently according to some on the Left, the U.N. must "sanction" any US military action to make it OK.

I'm sure if the U.N. had knowledge of Saddam guards raping any women then the U.N. Commission on Women's Rights with Iran sitting on it would have acted swiftly....
:eusa_whistle:

Neo, It's nothing more than an internationalist tool which is used in order to bypass any National Law, as well as protect and pardon these implanted agents like the madman Obama from any National prosecution. So to be more frank, If you don't go to the U.N for permission, The Hague won't come after you. However, If you go to Congress and ignore the U.N, Any U.S politician, Military or civillian individual or group as well, can surely be prosecuted if you travel within their jurisdiction. ~BH

Ame®icano;3472415 said:
Comrades,

Yeah, I am not so sure it's just about France though my friend. If you got some info on that, I want to hear about it. Seriously buddy.

However, I think it's oil for us, Great Britain and France. I even believe that Russia is getting something out of this because they backed out of a billiion dollar Arms deal with Libya recently just as Britain and Greece did. Did you know that Britain made a billion dollar arms deal with Qaddafi that influenced the release of the lockerbie bomber, and allowed him to return to Libya? This should make any kool aid gulper on either side realize that all of this Middle East bullshit is just that, Bullshit. ~BH

"To brush aside America's responsibility as a leader and — more profoundly — our responsibilities to our fellow human beings under such circumstances would have been a betrayal of who we are," Obama said. "Some nations may be able to turn a blind eye to atrocities in other countries. The United States of America is different. And as president, I refused to wait for the images of slaughter and mass graves before taking action."
Hello??? Anyone home McFly? If that is why you went with the UN decision...then what is your excuse to ignore Rwanda, Darfur, etc?

There is actually a distinct difference between Libya and those places, and it is an all important one. No it is not oil, it is the fact that in Libya unlike Sudan, Darfur, Syria, Yemen, etc the Opposition to the Dictator got strong enough to contest him and take land. Turning protests and uprising into a full fledged Civil war. Giving us someone to support from the air. No such opposition exists in those other places. So a no fly zone would do little more than let our pilots fly around and watch the show.

Were keeping tanks and planes from attacking the Opposition in Libya. Something air power can do, What it can not do is stop police, and troops on the ground from shooting protesters. It also could not effectively stop what is happening in Sudan, as for the most part it is ground Troops in small numbers going into villages and slaughtering people. Not much Air power can do there, with out killing a lot of innocents.
Were you as quick to make excuses for Bush?

Not his time....but now he has to be consistent...
Darfur is a current event.

Not really. Dafur is done and dusted. They had a referendum to split from the Sudan. Looks like it might be going ahead. It was a current event under Clinton and Bush, too.

Forum List

Back