Obama Explains

"To brush aside America's responsibility as a leader and — more profoundly — our responsibilities to our fellow human beings under such circumstances would have been a betrayal of who we are," Obama said. "Some nations may be able to turn a blind eye to atrocities in other countries. The United States of America is different. And as president, I refused to wait for the images of slaughter and mass graves before taking action."

Hello??? Anyone home McFly? If that is why you went with the UN decision...then what is your excuse to ignore Rwanda, Darfur, etc?

Obama strongly defends US military action in Libya - Yahoo! News

Not his time....but now he has to be consistent...

GrumpY, Madman Obama being "consistent" would be standing against any Military action, much like he did when he voted against The Iraq War. If you disagree, feel free to explain the difference between the two. :razz: So far none of you robots can. ~BH

Hello??? Anyone home McFly? If that is why you went with the UN decision...then what is your excuse to ignore Rwanda, Darfur, etc?

GrumpY, Madman Obama being "consistent" would be standing against any Military action, much like he did when he voted against The Iraq War. If you disagree, feel free to explain the difference between the two. :razz: So far none of you robots can. ~BH

One was UN sanctioned, one was not....simple...

U.N.? you mean the one who elects countries like Iran to the Commission on Women's Rights

Iraq Coalition Troops

Countries Supporting Ops in Iraq
1 United Kingdom
2 South Korea
3 Australia
4 Poland
5 Romania
6 Denmark
7 El Salvador
8 Georgia
9 Azerbaijan
10 Bulgaria
11 Latvia
12 Albania
13 Czech Republic
14 Mongolia
15 Lithuania
16 Armenia
17 Bosnia & Herzegovina
18 Estonia
19 Macedonia
20 Kazakhstan
21 Moldova*

Only the Left would want a corrupt organization like the U.N. to exclusively decide when it is appropriate for the US to use her military

Sound like the other crazy idea the Left had in the 70's and 80's for the US to unilaterally disarm itself

Yeah, it is that simple

Last edited:
U.N.? you mean the one who elects countries like Iran to the Commission on Women's Rights

Iraq Coalition Troops

1 United Kingdom
2 South Korea
3 Australia
4 Poland
5 Romania
6 Denmark
7 El Salvador
8 Georgia
9 Azerbaijan
10 Bulgaria
11 Latvia
12 Albania
13 Czech Republic
14 Mongolia
15 Lithuania
16 Armenia
17 Bosnia & Herzegovina
18 Estonia
19 Macedonia
20 Kazakhstan
21 Moldova*

Yeah, it is that simple

Wow, you had the backing of Estonia, Moldova, Bosnia and Albania? What a great coalition of the willing that was...Apologies for not mentioning Latvia, El Salvador and Georgia, too....

Iraq Coalition Troops

1 United Kingdom
2 South Korea
3 Australia
4 Poland
5 Romania
6 Denmark
7 El Salvador
8 Georgia
9 Azerbaijan
10 Bulgaria
11 Latvia
12 Albania
13 Czech Republic
14 Mongolia
15 Lithuania
16 Armenia
17 Bosnia & Herzegovina
18 Estonia
19 Macedonia
20 Kazakhstan
21 Moldova*

Yeah, it is that simple

Wow, you had the backing of Estonia, Moldova, Bosnia and Albania? What a great coalition of the willing that was...Apologies for not mentioning Latvia, El Salvador and Georgia, too....

Now you are the judge of the "worth" of nations?
My, how elitist of you :eusa_hand:
The list only shows that the Left lies when it tries to say or imply that "Bush went it alone"

But hey, if you think that the U.N. should exclusively run our military then make it a campaign slogan for the next election
good luck with that,,,,
:eusa_whistle:

Dec. 20, 2007 interview with the Boston Globe when reporter Charlie Savage asked him under what circumstances the president would have the constitutional authority to bomb Iran without first seeking authorization from Congress. “The President does not have power under the Constitution to unilaterally authorize a military attack in a situation that does not involve stopping an actual or imminent threat to the nation,”

Well, at least the Left can comfort themselves with that Papa Obama has killed less Arabs than Bush.

But, we digress, back to the subject at hand....

What a speech Papa Obama gave tonight to explain his "North African campaign".
There should be no more questions, otherwise you are a racist...

obamapatton-i2797.jpg

Last edited:
There is actually a distinct difference between Libya and those places, and it is an all important one. No it is not oil, it is the fact that in Libya unlike Sudan, Darfur, Syria, Yemen, etc the Opposition to the Dictator got strong enough to contest him and take land. Turning protests and uprising into a full fledged Civil war. Giving us someone to support from the air. No such opposition exists in those other places. So a no fly zone would do little more than let our pilots fly around and watch the show.

Were keeping tanks and planes from attacking the Opposition in Libya. Something air power can do, What it can not do is stop police, and troops on the ground from shooting protesters. It also could not effectively stop what is happening in Sudan, as for the most part it is ground Troops in small numbers going into villages and slaughtering people. Not much Air power can do there, with out killing a lot of innocents.

So who are we supporting again? So these people are just freedom fighters who only want democracy right? I'm glad you're so sure of this

The list only shows that the Left lies when it tries to say or imply that "Bush went it alone"

But hey, if you think that the U.N. should exclusively run our military then make it a campaign slogan for the next election

Hey just showing you the deference that the likes of yourself has shown to other small nations in the past.

No, the UN should not run your military. However, the US should act unilaterally under the auspices of the uN, which it has done with regards to Libya...

One was UN sanctioned, one was not....simple...

LMAO!!!! What a load of crap! Man GrumpY, I feel so sorry for fools like yourself that actually believe that it makes any difference whatsoever. Even a confused, sometimes smart, but otherwise tool like yourself must realize that the U.N is a disfunctional, overbloated with corrupt bribery, Global Corporation? We fund and pay them off bro. Come on man.

I already assume that I know the answer to this bro, but I gotta ask it anyway. And don't forget about my first paragraph for you to answer to as well.

Should an American President consult The U.N before or prior to Congress? Or, Not at all? (Meaning Congress?). ~BH

"To brush aside America's responsibility as a leader and — more profoundly — our responsibilities to our fellow human beings under such circumstances would have been a betrayal of who we are," Obama said. "Some nations may be able to turn a blind eye to atrocities in other countries. The United States of America is different. And as president, I refused to wait for the images of slaughter and mass graves before taking action."
*glances at the Ivory Coast, takes a drink, looks over at Syria, and walks away*

Darfur is a current event.

Hey just showing you the deference that the likes of yourself has shown to other small nations in the past.

No, the UN should not run your military. However, the US should act unilaterally under the auspices of the uN, which it has done with regards to Libya...
Hey just showing you the deference that the likes of yourself has shown to other small nations in the past

Where was that exactly and what is the "likes of yourself" that you speak of exactly?
No, the UN should not run your military. However, the US should act unilaterally under the auspices of the uN....

And if not, then it should not be done? So, De facto, giving them final say?
Don't get upset, but is that in the Constitution?
:eusa_angel:

What about the country under attack? Do they have the right to defend themselves without U.N approval?
The logic here reminds me of ...if we went to war with China, would they give us the money to do it? :eusa_eh:

Sure, run with that one for next election

Last edited:
"a Journalist in Libya was "sexually asaulted"!

Who? Where? And when? Do we have an interview, or just some video of some lady that claimed she was raped by qaddafi's men? Even if she was, and god bless her and her family, I mean that if it's true. Does any robot on either side of the Political field here have any idea how many Women were raped by Saddam's Republican Guard? Well then why did the Madman Obama vote against the Iraq War? Was it that Saddam just silenced his victims quicker then Qaddafi did? Wake up. ~BH

Who? Where? And when? Do we have an interview, or just some video of some lady that claimed she was raped by qaddafi's men? Even if she was, and god bless her and her family, I mean that if it's true. Does any robot on either side of the Political field here have any idea how many Women were raped by Saddam's Republican Guard? Well then why did the Madman Obama vote against the Iraq War? Was it that Saddam just silenced his victims quicker then Qaddafi did? Wake up. ~BH

OooOooMESmilie.gif

EEWWWW EWWWWW.....I know...!

He is a hypocrite bastard?

:confused:

Last edited:

Well, apparently according to some on the Left, the U.N. must "sanction" any US military action to make it OK.

I'm sure if the U.N. had knowledge of Saddam guards raping any women then the U.N. Commission on Women's Rights with Iran sitting on it would have acted swiftly....

Last edited:

Forum List

Back