Obama excoriated by Latino/Hispanic news station Univision

oreo

Gold Member
Sep 15, 2008
rocky mountains
Who would have thought that it would be the Latino news station Univision in this country would ask tough questions of Barack Obama--something the main stream media refuses to do.

They hit him hard on his promise to get immigration reform during his 1st term--and then the female journalist asked the question every other media in this country hasn't asked. "Why didn't you order beefed up security in Cairo and Libya)--of course--which he didn't answer.

President Obama was skewered by Univision reporters on Thursday for breaking his promise to enact lasting immigration reform during his first term in the White House.

“But it was a promise, Mr. President,” Univision reporter Jorge Ramos said. “This is very important, I don’t want it to get lost in translation. You promised that, and a promise is a promise and with all due respect, you didn’t keep that promise.”

Obama’s only response was that he does not have the power as president to accomplish everything he wants to, saying it requires cooperation within the other branches of government.

“I am happy to take responsibility for the fact that we didn’t get it done but I did not make a promise that I would get everything done, 100 percent when I was elected as president.”
In another exchange, a woman capitalized on Ramos’ remarks and told Obama that he has offered “many excuses” for his broken promises on immigration.

“With many excuses…you actually broke your promise,” a woman identified as Maria Elena Salinas told the President.

“What I’ll say is this, I haven’t gotten everything done that I wanted to get done. That‘s why I’m running for a second term,” Obama replied.

At another point in the interview, Ramos called on Obama to “acknowledge that you did not keep your promise.
Univision Reporters Skewer Obama on Immigration: ‘Acknowledge That You Did Not Keep Your Promise’ | Video | TheBlaze.com

Here are the videos of this encounter:
Jorge Ramos: I Don't Want This To Get Lost in Translation That You Broke Immigration Promise - YouTube
Maria Elena Salinas: You Offered Many Excuses For Broken Immigration Promise - YouTube

Maybe we should all start watching Univision--they are not afraid to ask questions of our "community organizer"--like every other media outlet in this country is--LOL

6a00d8341c60fd53ef017616339783970c-800wi

"Barack Obama the greatest HOAX ever perpetrated on the American population"--Clint Eastwood

It doesn't surprise me that the campaign of Mitt Romney, a man with a tremendous sense of self-importance and entitlement, would consider it acceptable to demand a suspension of pre-established ground rules at this week's Univision forum. What surprises me is that the campaign apparently did so in such a boorish and lead-footed way that a high-profile and very influential media figure was willing to call him out on the record:

... When [Mitt Romney] took his place Wednesday night in the first of two back-to-back candidate forums televised on [Univision], he was greeted by an adoring, raucous crowd that cheered his every word, and booed many of the moderators' questions. The next night, President Obama was treated to stone cold silence from the audience as he was aggressively grilled on his lackluster immigration record.

... But the enthusiasm gap may have been an optical illusion formed by a series of last-minute demands by the Romney campaign, according to Maria Elena Salinas, one of the Univision anchors who moderated the forums.

<snip>

Salinas said both candidates ultimately had partisan crowds at their forums, but that Romney's non-student activists ignored instructions to hold their applause.

BOSS ROMNEY CONTINUES TO CAMPAIGN AS IF EVERYONE IN AMERICA WORKS FOR HIM

Obamaturd is a LIAR, that is a fact that the left is ashamed of. Worse is the fact that those who still support him are just that stupid.

They should make Jorge Ramos one of the moderators at this years debates.
He would have some really great tough questions for both Obama and Romney.

And still Latinos support Obama over Romney by huge HUGE numbers. I guess that's what happens when your (Romney) immigration policy is to tell millions of immigrants to "self-deport". I wonder if Romney will have the balls to do an interview with the same network.

Latinos support obama because obama is promising much more free stuff than Romney. obama says all that free stuff will be paid for by white racists who owe latinios because America was stolen from them.

And still Latinos support Obama over Romney by huge HUGE numbers. I guess that's what happens when your (Romney) immigration policy is to tell millions of immigrants to "self-deport". I wonder if Romney will have the balls to do an interview with the same network.

No, that's what happens when you pass out free green cards to millions of illegals.

Obama beyond that has done nothing for Latinos. So imo the vote is pretty shallow and narrow sighted

Latinos support obama because obama is promising much more free stuff than Romney. obama says all that free stuff will be paid for by white racists who owe latinios because America was stolen from them.

Link? :eusa_whistle:

I agree, I like his style.....if I have to tolerate moderators, it might as well be one who asks real questions.

You should complain to the Romney campaign, since since each candidate has veto power over debate mods.

Come on you know the political fallout from waging that battle.

Nah. I'm sure there is back room debate over moderators all the time. Besides, I think most republicans would be proud of a candidate standing up and saying "this mod is too biased".

Forum List

Back