Obama: Even Worse Than Poll Numbers

You can be sure with this adminstration or any other, if foreign policy was working, they'd be making big news of it. Particularly with the domestic problems we have. Got a new arms agreement, treaty, trade or peace treaty to display? Nope.

So, Professor Adjami explains, with examples, how fraudulent Candidate Obama's supporters, such as yourself, were in claiming that this 'transformational' reformer would 'reinstate America to an elevated position in the world.'

So you attack, what the professor? 'hackery'
But not his points?

You are a fraud, and a transparent one at that.

"...attacked Obama for months for being "too international" and for his approval abroad..."
1. Where is the indication that I 'attacked' in the manner that you suggest?
2. Where is the documentation that he was attacked for his 'popularity'?

So, you are pretty much self-identified as a bloviator.

I never said you personally attacked (though if I looked back through your posts, I'm sure I'd find examples), but that your ilk did. And yes, there are dozens of threads on this forum saying exactly that.

No one ever claimed that Obama would rehab America's image in the Middle East overnight. What has been said is that he has the ability to perform more constructive outreach. And guess what? He has. Accepting Ajami's numbers as valid (even though he never sources them), 27 percent of Egyptians today say the have a favorable view of the United States. That number was only 23 percent six months ago. And the percentage of people in wide sampling of Arab nations shows that Obama is personally viewed more favorable than the nation as a whole is.

http://media.mcclatchydc.com/smedia...090508_ARABS_POLL.large.prod_affiliate.91.jpg

Further, how does "What I am saying is that right-wingers like you and the writer of the article attacked Obama for months for being "too international" and for his approval abroad, and now you're attacking him for the opposite...." flow from the word 'hackery,' which can only correspond to the article in the OP.

Since no one can logically see that the word 'hackery' means "right-wingers like you and the writer of the article attacked Obama for months for being "too international" and for his approval abroad, and now you're attacking him for the opposite...." then you must be fibbing in the use of "What I am saying..."

What you are intending to say is "my original position is so untenable, I had best beat a hasty retreat, and come up with a better response to the article."

Sorry, not better. Try again?

That your position twists and turns from day to day, depending on what you feel will make a more effective line of attack is hackery to the utmost.

And here is the one that reflects so poorly on your intellect: " The idea that Obama is "steeped in an overarching idea of American guilt" is equally childish, in the most literal sense of the word. Obama's so-called "guilt" is "proven" because he admits that the decisions we make aren't always perfect."

Had your comprihension been even average, you would see that the professor, with some expertise in the area, is commenting on the way Arab viewers see one who attacks his own 'tribe.'

"[in] the Islamic world, where American power is engaged and so dangerously exposed, it is considered bad form, nay a great moral lapse, to speak ill of one's own tribe when in the midst, and in the lands, of others. "

Get it now?

I'm not talking about the article. I'm talking about you and your political ilk.

The Arabs Have Stopped Applauding Obama

"He has not made the world anew, history did not bend to his will, the Indians and Pakistanis have been told that the matter of Kashmir is theirs to resolve, the Israeli-Palestinian conflict is the same intractable clash of two irreconcilable nationalisms, and the theocrats in Iran have not "unclenched their fist," nor have they abandoned their nuclear quest.

It was the norm for American liberalism during the Bush years to brandish the Pew Global Attitudes survey that told of America's decline in the eyes of foreign nations. Foreigners were saying what the liberals wanted said.

Now those surveys of 2009 bring findings from the world of Islam that confirm that the animus toward America has not been radically changed by the ascendancy of Mr. Obama. In the Palestinian territories, 15% have a favorable view of the U.S. while 82% have an unfavorable view. The Obama speech in Ankara didn't seem to help in Turkey, where the favorables are 14% and those unreconciled, 69%. In Egypt, a country that's reaped nearly 40 years of American aid, things stayed roughly the same: 27% have a favorable view of the U.S. while 70% do not. In Pakistan, a place of great consequence for American power, our standing has deteriorated: The unfavorables rose from 63% in 2008 to 68% this year.

Steeped in an overarching idea of American guilt, Mr. Obama and his lieutenants offered nothing less than a doctrine, and a policy, of American penance. No one told Mr. Obama that the Islamic world, where American power is engaged and so dangerously exposed, it is considered bad form, nay a great moral lapse, to speak ill of one's own tribe when in the midst, and in the lands, of others.
The laws of gravity, the weight of history and of precedent, have caught up with the Obama presidency. We are beyond stirring speeches. The novelty of the Obama approach, and the Obama persona, has worn off. There is a whole American diplomatic tradition to draw upon—engagements made, wisdom acquired in the course of decades, and, yes, accounts to be settled with rogues and tyrannies. They might yet help this administration find its way out of a labyrinth of its own making."
Fouad Ajami: The Arabs Have Stopped Applauding Obama - WSJ.com

So, Bush invades Iraq in the worst foreign policy blunder in recent memory and yet gets defended to the death by the Bushies and the prowar right,

but Obama is a foreign policy disaster because he isn't doing enough about Kashmir??

too funny

The real world considers Obama an anti-American CHUMP to be used. [/url]

What's this real world you speak of? I'm guessing it's RW America and some Arabs overseas (that's even if this article is to believed on face value). The "real world" actually consists of more than just those two communities.

[/url]Why isn't Obama holding "Islam" accountable for cleaning up their Islamic terrorists more effectively?
Why isn't Obama insisting that Islam pound home a "true" Islamic message that terrorism is wrong and should not be supported, but should be eliminated??
Obama apologizes to the world for the WTC towers getting in the way of noble muslim terrorist hijackers, and that the US is very very sorry.

That would have gone over better in Saudi Arabia???:lol:

"He has not made the world anew, history did not bend to his will, the Indians and Pakistanis have been told that the matter of Kashmir is theirs to resolve, the Israeli-Palestinian conflict is the same intractable clash of two irreconcilable nationalisms, and the theocrats in Iran have not "unclenched their fist," nor have they abandoned their nuclear quest.

It was the norm for American liberalism during the Bush years to brandish the Pew Global Attitudes survey that told of America's decline in the eyes of foreign nations. Foreigners were saying what the liberals wanted said.

Now those surveys of 2009 bring findings from the world of Islam that confirm that the animus toward America has not been radically changed by the ascendancy of Mr. Obama. In the Palestinian territories, 15% have a favorable view of the U.S. while 82% have an unfavorable view. The Obama speech in Ankara didn't seem to help in Turkey, where the favorables are 14% and those unreconciled, 69%. In Egypt, a country that's reaped nearly 40 years of American aid, things stayed roughly the same: 27% have a favorable view of the U.S. while 70% do not. In Pakistan, a place of great consequence for American power, our standing has deteriorated: The unfavorables rose from 63% in 2008 to 68% this year.

Steeped in an overarching idea of American guilt, Mr. Obama and his lieutenants offered nothing less than a doctrine, and a policy, of American penance. No one told Mr. Obama that the Islamic world, where American power is engaged and so dangerously exposed, it is considered bad form, nay a great moral lapse, to speak ill of one's own tribe when in the midst, and in the lands, of others.
The laws of gravity, the weight of history and of precedent, have caught up with the Obama presidency. We are beyond stirring speeches. The novelty of the Obama approach, and the Obama persona, has worn off. There is a whole American diplomatic tradition to draw upon—engagements made, wisdom acquired in the course of decades, and, yes, accounts to be settled with rogues and tyrannies. They might yet help this administration find its way out of a labyrinth of its own making."

So, Bush invades Iraq in the worst foreign policy blunder in recent memory and yet gets defended to the death by the Bushies and the prowar right,

but Obama is a foreign policy disaster because he isn't doing enough about Kashmir??

too funny

This is why what Polk said earlier is probably the truest statement in this thread:

...neither of the arguments are based in any actual policy disagreement, only the search for another reason to complain.

And here is the one that reflects so poorly on your intellect: " The idea that Obama is "steeped in an overarching idea of American guilt" is equally childish, in the most literal sense of the word. Obama's so-called "guilt" is "proven" because he admits that the decisions we make aren't always perfect."

Had your comprihension been even average, you would see that the professor, with some expertise in the area, is commenting on the way Arab viewers see one who attacks his own 'tribe.'

"[in] the Islamic world, where American power is engaged and so dangerously exposed, it is considered bad form, nay a great moral lapse, to speak ill of one's own tribe when in the midst, and in the lands, of others. "

Get it now?

I'm not talking about the article. I'm talking about you and your political ilk.

Hey, Blov,

The OP contains not word one from me: it is entirely, 100% sections of the Wall Street Journal Op-Ed by Professor Fuad Adjami!!

All of it!

Every teensy, weensy, itsy bitsy bit of it!

So, that defeats your third, and I hope final, fall-back postition in attempt to dig your way out of the one sentence post where you referred to 'hackery.'

But I don't think you are dishonest, in trying the three 'trial balloons,' attempting to explain away the silly 'hackery' line,...

I just think you're inept.

Get that? Not 'your ilk,' just you.

Now here is your chance to do the honorable and honest thing, and admit that:
1. Professor Adjami has expertise in the understanding of the middle east that you do not have.

2. There is not one error in the article of the OP.

3. Folks both nationally and internationally now see the President as an empty suit, whose boorish apology tour has not gone over well.

4. You do not understand either the origin or definition of the word 'hack' and have therefore misapplied it.

5. You made a grave and tragic error in submitting that post, but it was done prior to your morning coffee.

6. As with most cover-ups, the attempt to do so is worse than the original 'crime.'

Now, take a sharp pin, and sign the above in blood, and I'll forgive you.

Further, how does "What I am saying is that right-wingers like you and the writer of the article attacked Obama for months for being "too international" and for his approval abroad, and now you're attacking him for the opposite...." flow from the word 'hackery,' which can only correspond to the article in the OP.

Since no one can logically see that the word 'hackery' means "right-wingers like you and the writer of the article attacked Obama for months for being "too international" and for his approval abroad, and now you're attacking him for the opposite...." then you must be fibbing in the use of "What I am saying..."

What you are intending to say is "my original position is so untenable, I had best beat a hasty retreat, and come up with a better response to the article."

That your position twists and turns from day to day, depending on what you feel will make a more effective line of attack is hackery to the utmost.

A lady's preogative, don't you know!

A lady's preogative, don't you know!

Sure, you're free to tell as many lies as you want, but don't be shocked when called out on it.

Last edited:

Get it now?

Hey, Blov,

The OP contains not word one from me: it is entirely, 100% sections of the Wall Street Journal Op-Ed by Professor Fuad Adjami!!

All of it!

So, that defeats your third, and I hope final, fall-back postition in attempt to dig your way out of the one sentence post where you referred to 'hackery.'

But I don't think you are dishonest, in trying the three 'trial balloons,' attempting to explain away the silly 'hackery' line,...

1. Professor Adjami has expertise in the understanding of the middle east that you do not have.

3. Folks both nationally and internationally now see the President as an empty suit, whose boorish apology tour has not gone over well.

4. You do not understand either the origin or definition of the word 'hack' and have therefore misapplied it.

5. You made a grave and tragic error in submitting that post, but it was done prior to your morning coffee.

6. As with most cover-ups, the attempt to do so is worse than the original 'crime.'

Fuck you and the high horse you rode in on. I wasn't calling the writer of the article a hack. I'm calling you a hack for how quickly to change positions to keep up your attack. It's not my fault you're too ignorant to understand that.

Hey, Blov,

All of it!

Fuck you and the high horse you rode in on. I wasn't calling the writer of the article a hack. I'm calling you a hack for how quickly to change positions to keep up your attack. It's not my fault you're too ignorant to understand that.

I think your language shows you've been caught with your - horrifying thought that it is- you pants down!

You are clearly lying in " I wasn't calling the writer of the article a hack. I'm calling you a hack."

The entire post was made up of the words of Professor Adjami.

Your only comment was that it was 'hackery.'

It could only apply to the author.

You should be ashamed of yourself.

Oh, but it seems you are.

So this replaces the old wingnut anti-Obama talking point that Arabs LIKED him?

:lol::lol::lol:

How about the one that Obama IS one? Or a Muslim? Or a terrorist?

Some, like VAHankypanky actually don't know that Obami Salami IS an Arab. Check it out.

Change "terrorist" to the more accurate "undercover terrorist" and Vahankypanky would be spot on.

Last edited:
Hey, Blov,

All of it!

I think your language shows you've been caught with your - horrifying thought that it is- you pants down!

You are clearly lying in " I wasn't calling the writer of the article a hack. I'm calling you a hack."

The entire post was made up of the words of Professor Adjami.

Your only comment was that it was 'hackery.'

It could only apply to the author.

You should be ashamed of yourself.

Oh, but it seems you are.

Salter language isn't an indication of anything other than I'm not trying to put up some big front. You're equally rude in your responses You think because you write a lot of paragraphs that are high on word count, but low on substance that you should be viewed as an intellectual. You're a bullshitter from the word go. You're a massive hack and you got pissed off that you were called out on it, so you want to pretend I called the writer of the column a hack. I don't know the guy well enough to know if he is or is not. I surely know your posts well enough though to know you are.

Imagine that a hack op-ed from the WSJ attacking obama. LOL is this supposed to shock anyone?

BTW I love how it tries to spin and state that the"animus toward America has not been radically changed" since obama became president and then it goes on to list numbers and yet refuses to list where they started to directly compare them to where they are now with the exception of ONE of the countries out of many that they could have chosen to look at. Why do they only provide half of the information and still draw conlusions based on incomplete info??

Obama has only been in office a year and if it improved at all don't you think that is, in of itself, something to talk about?? Does change have to be radical in order for it to count? Furthermore, why doesn't the WSJ list ALL of the facts so the reader can draw their own conclusions instead of trying to force their incomplete opinions down the reader's throat??
What "hack op-ed"??? Unless you are confirming that everything Obama ran on during campaign mode is total bullshit.

What are you babbling about?? Do you have any specifics as to your claim concerning "EVERYTHING obama ran on during the campaign" that show how this article addresses EVERYTHING that obama campaigned on?? I didn't think so.

The MSM is allowed to call a spade a spade, is it not? The MSM is allowed to say that Obama's idealistic campaign speeches were not reality based, they were plain old campaign mode liberal bullshit. The real world considers Obama an anti-American CHUMP to be used.

LOL you talk about liberal BS and then provide NOTHING but conservative BS. LOL
BTW can you address anything I said about how the article only tells one side of the story and leaves out valuable and necessary info that the reader needs before the reader is able to make a completely sound judgment based on ALL of the facts??
The article is a hack op-ed because it fails to list ALL of the facts and draws it's opinion based conclusions from incomplete info.

Why isn't Obama holding "Islam" accountable for cleaning up their Islamic terrorists more effectively?

What are you talking about?? What is he NOT doing that you think he should be doing?? Got any realistic specifics??

Why isn't Obama insisting that Islam pound home a "true" Islamic message that terrorism is wrong and should not be supported, but should be eliminated??

Is this the specific request that you have for obama?? LOL You actually want him to insist and tell an entire religion that they should denounce terrorism as if that will magically make fanatics who misuse a religion to justify their postion just go away?? LOL

Obama apologizes to the world for the WTC towers getting in the way of noble muslim terrorist hijackers, and that the US is very very sorry.

Really?? I must have missed that apology. Could you provide and quote and a link to obama saying specifically what you accuse him of saying??

I love the smell of hackery in the morning.

I'm certainly willing to consider the opposite viewpoint, that is one indicating how thrilled the rest of the nations of the world are with President Obama, to the extent that his various initiatives have been accepted, and instituted.

Simply link a few of the op-eds and articles showing same...

Or are you just the bloviator-in-chief?

Or, would you like to concede that every point made by Professor Adjami is spot on.

BTW,
Fouad Adjami is a Majid Khadduri Professor and Director of the Middle East Studies Program at Johns Hopkins University. He was formerly a faculty member of Princeton University's Department of Politics, a fellow at Princeton's Center of International Studies, and a research fellow at The Lehrman Institute. In 1982, Adjami received the five-year MacArthur Prize Fellowship in the arts and sciences. He has a Ph.D. in political science from the University of Washington.
You are forgetting the rules.

If you knock Barry, you have to be a 'hack.'

Actually the rule is the same for everyone. If you present an article and wish to be taken seriously and not be percieved as a hack, then present ALL of the facts so the reader can make an informed decision. Where as the auther of this op-ed presented some of the info while leaving out vital data and then drew unsubstantiated conclusions based on incomplete info. That is why it is a hack op-ed.

I'm certainly willing to consider the opposite viewpoint, that is one indicating how thrilled the rest of the nations of the world are with President Obama, to the extent that his various initiatives have been accepted, and instituted.

Or, would you like to concede that every point made by Professor Adjami is spot on.

BTW,
Fouad Adjami is a Majid Khadduri Professor and Director of the Middle East Studies Program at Johns Hopkins University. He was formerly a faculty member of Princeton University's Department of Politics, a fellow at Princeton's Center of International Studies, and a research fellow at The Lehrman Institute. In 1982, Adjami received the five-year MacArthur Prize Fellowship in the arts and sciences. He has a Ph.D. in political science from the University of Washington.

Your typical act of building a strawman is one against employed in this case. I'm not arguing that the international public is thrilled with Obama. What I am saying is that right-wingers like you and the writer of the article attacked Obama for months for being "too international" and for his approval abroad, and now you're attacking him for the opposite. This shows that neither of the arguments are based in any actual policy disagreement, only the search for another reason to complain.

The idea that Obama is "steeped in an overarching idea of American guilt" is equally childish, in the most literal sense of the word. Obama's so-called "guilt" is "proven" because he admits that the decisions we make aren't always perfect. And guess what? That's true. Nations are the sum of men, and the occasional imperfection of man means an occasional imperfection of nation. The most apt analogy is the relationship between parent and child. Adults are able to see their parents, even with their flaws, and still love them. Children are invested in the myth than the parent can do not wrong, because to say otherwise would mean hatred and disapproval. This latter view is how conservatives view the nation.

Ah, Bloviator-in-Chief.

You throw the term 'hackery,' whatever that means, at a reputable intellectual who makes verifiable statements about the effect, or rather lack of effect, of President Obama.

and yet this so-called "reputable man" chooses to leave out info that would allow the reader to actually make a real comparison between where the numbers were and where they are now to see if obama had an effect. He merely shows the low numbers and claims that they have not "radically" changed. Then you try to claim that despite not having all of the numbers that obama hasn't had an effect. So how can you prove that obama has had a "lack of effect" when you don't know where the numbers were BEFORE he was elected?? Fact is that you need those numbers in order to make the comparision that you claim the author made and yet the author failed to provide those numbers.

of actually doing any work such as links and documentation, as I challenged you to do, you continue to blow-hard, with the usual fall-back position: "I'm not arguing that the international public is thrilled with Obama...."

You have to prove your original argument. Isn't that the way it's supposed to work on this board?? At least that I what i keep hearing from most righties on here and yet you seem to be demanding that others prove you wrong when you haven't proven your own argument. Why is that??

So, Professor Adjami explains, with examples, how fraudulent Candidate Obama's supporters, such as yourself, were in claiming that this 'transformational' reformer would 'reinstate America to an elevated position in the world.'

So you attack, what the professor? 'hackery'
But not his points?

I pointed out flaws in his points and yours and you failed to address them. LOL

BTW if your argument is about "reinstating America to an elevated position in the world" then why is the focus on the article only on arabs??
If you wish to HONESTLY counter the claim concerning the whole world then shouldn't the focus be on the WHOLE world instead of only those arab countries that have a history of anti-American sentiment??

Furthermore, where in his article does the author specifically address obama's supporters as you claim he does? I read through the article but did not see it.

I am not responding to the rest because they are directed at another poster and his statements. I will let him defend his own words.

BTW,
You are forgetting the rules.

If you knock Barry, you have to be a 'hack.'

Actually the rule is the same for everyone. If you present an article and wish to be taken seriously and not be percieved as a hack, then present ALL of the facts so the reader can make an informed decision. Where as the auther of this op-ed presented some of the info while leaving out vital data and then drew unsubstantiated conclusions based on incomplete info. That is why it is a hack op-ed.

Ah, the mark of a public school grad!

"... present ALL of the facts so the reader ..."

Did someone hold your hand and help you to compose this post?

'cause there is something counterintuitive about my posting the operative sections of the article, and posting the link to the actual article, and then you begging for me to post all of the article...

And if you are complaining about Professor Adjami not doing your homework for you, at least he can spell 'author'... "Where as the auther..."

I can't quite put my finger on the exact psychosis from which you are suffering, but I'm certain that it is serious.

"... present ALL of the facts ..." ???

It's an op-ed, you boob!

Demanding to be spoon fed is bad enough...but to ask the Prof to chew it for you identifies you as a kindergarten drop-out.

Read the darn thing!

OMG

Forum List

Back