Obama European,Mid East Trip,Political Grand Standing in its purest form.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by 52ndStreet, Jul 25, 2008.

1. 52ndStreet

52ndStreet VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +170
    The Barack Obama Middle east, and Euroupean Trip, is what I call Political Grand standing in its purest form.American cities have more pertinent issues
    facing them.Barack Obama chooses to Grand Stand, for the American,and foreign media.This I feel is meglamainiac politician in the making.

2. greenpartyaz

greenpartyaz Corporate Watchdog

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +40
    How about sound foreign policy, to make lasting relationships with foreign leaders to repair damage caused by this idiot in the White House!:eusa_whistle:

3. Avatar4321

Avatar4321 Diamond Member Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,163
    You do realize that the leaders of Aghanistan, Jordan, Iraq, France, and Germany all have good relationships with the President dont you?

Hell, The Afghan and Iraqi leaders wouldn't be in power without him. President Bush took out Saddam who has always been a problem to Jordan. And both Germany and France elected Pro Bush leaders..

Who exactly did Obama meet with that Bush doesnt have a good relationship with?

4. Chris

Chris Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,089
    The people in all those countries. Bush is universally despised around the world.

5. Avatar4321

Avatar4321 Diamond Member Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,163
    Which is why they are electing pro Bush leaders.

6. Chris

Chris Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,089
    Exactly.

The people of the world hunger for leadership from America, and they realize Obama is the best hope for that leadership.

When I talk to my friends from overseas, they can't believe that America elected a turnip like Bush.

7. Chris

Chris Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,089
    Bush is universally despised......

Views on U.S. Drop Sharply In Worldwide Opinion Poll

By Kevin Sullivan
    Washington Post Foreign Service
    Tuesday, January 23, 2007; Page A14

LONDON, Jan. 23 -- Global opinion of U.S. foreign policy has sharply deteriorated in the past two years, according to a BBC poll released on the eve of President Bush's annual State of the Union address.

Nearly three-quarters of those polled in 25 countries disapprove of U.S. policies toward Iraq, and more than two-thirds said the U.S. military presence in the Middle East does more harm than good. Nearly half of those polled in Europe, Africa, Asia, South America and the Middle East said the United States is now playing a mainly negative role in the world.

More than 26,000 people were questioned for the survey.

"It's been a horrible slide," said Doug Miller, president of GlobeScan, an international polling company that conducted the BBC survey with the Program on International Policy Attitudes, an affiliate of the University of Maryland. He said views of U.S. policy have steadily declined since the annual poll began two years ago.

Views on U.S. Drop Sharply In Worldwide Opinion Poll - washingtonpost.com

Last edited: Jul 26, 2008
  8. Charles_Main

Charles_Main AR15 Owner

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,251
    I have to agree it amounted to nothing but a series of Photo Opps, but then this is nothing new from Politicians. The problem is Obama is suppose to be a change, not more of the same.

9. Charles_Main

Charles_Main AR15 Owner

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,251

leave it to kirk to completely ignore the implications of the post he quotes and just post some BS poll.

Tell us Kirk why do you think several European nations have elected center right governments lately?

Before you answer I will say I think it does not have much to do with Bush. I think it has to do with the burdens that social programs like Universal health care are putting on these nations. The people are fed up with the super high taxes these programs ALWAYS require and are voting in center right governments in response. They also can see that many of these programs are financially unsustainable, and are going to bury their nations in Debt.

I find it amazing that you rail about our Deficits and Debt and cry about 700 Billion being spent on Iraq, yet support programs that will make that figure seem like peanuts.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2008
  10. Chris

Chris Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,089
    Thanks for making more stuff up. If you read the link I posted, the Canadians pay almost half per capita what we pay for healthcare, and they love their healthcare system. I have friends from Canada and they think it's great.