Obama embracing his signature achievement

Oh yeah. This clusterfuck of a bill was passed by one party. The Dems. Many of those Dems had to be bribed and threatened by their bosses to pass this clusterfuck of a bill.

Those same Dems ignored their constituants who were clogging the phone line to DC to protest this bill. They passed it anyway.

This bill will cost anyone with HC up the ass and anyone who doesn't think this is an idiot in my book.

Another massive entitlement that someone else will be paying for.

Yeah. I can see Barry gloating over his HC bill on the campaign trail. NOT

The only reason conservatives consider it a "clusterfuck" is because the clusterfuck they offered as an alternative to HillaryCare wasn't ever a serious alternative.

What conservatives want..is a nation of haves and have nots.

If you have not..you are fucked.

Simple as that.

Since when am I obligated to take care of someone elses responsibilities?? Since when should I have to spend MY MONEY on someone elses HC or anything else??

Have nots obviously don't want to work to HAVE.

I'd say those of us providing the largess are the once getting fucked.

What a lot of nonsense.

omg, were is my duty to work and take care of the have nots?
they have as much opportunity in this country to make themselves the HAVES
well they don't so much today with this administation

You should definitely care. "Have nots" tend to get real angry when the gap between them and the "haves" gets larger and larger. History has proven this time and time again.

Fuck off you Bolshevik cocksucker

Not just the Bolsheviks asshat, look throughout thousands of years of history.

Its your moral responsiblity to pay for the medical care for some whores eight kids from eight different fathers...................It takes a Village !!!!!!! lol

He has the air of a winner. As he should: he succeeded where many others have failed, overcoming a nihilistic minority in Congress and a conservative Court to reform a broken health care system.

It's good to see he's asserting himself on the stump. And amusing to see Romney shrinking away from the issue.

Wipe your chin.

His only signature achievement is polarizing the country, dropping it's credit rating for the first time, and causing unprecedented economic uncertainty.

It has been predicted that his health care scam will cost close to a million jobs once it goes into effect and the waivers expire.

Along with many other radical shit he's pulled that bill will cost him re election, add a huge number of Dem/Commie Senate and Congressional seats to that loss. Go Tea Party!

Its your moral responsiblity to pay for the medical care for some whores eight kids from eight different fathers...................It takes a Village !!!!!!! lol

No it's your moral responsibility to make sure she cannot have an abortion so you guys can bitch about her after they are born.

No it's your moral responsibility to make sure she cannot have an abortion so you guys can bitch about her after they are born.

Surely there are enough bleeding heart leftists out there willing to help these desperate women instead of leaving the responsibilty up to others.................

Surely there are enough bleeding heart leftists out there willing to help these desperate women instead of leaving the responsibilty up to others.................

LOL Bleeding heart lefties expect everyone to support their bullshit.

You should know that by now.

In fact we should all be overjoyed to spend our hard earned money helping the poor and downtrodden.

Last edited:
The only reason conservatives consider it a "clusterfuck" is because the clusterfuck they offered as an alternative to HillaryCare wasn't ever a serious alternative.

Simple as that.

You should definitely care. "Have nots" tend to get real angry when the gap between them and the "haves" gets larger and larger. History has proven this time and time again.

good grief, we were probably all have nots at one time in our lives...MOST people get angry about that and make themselves A HAVE...

It's about time the Democrats started messaging properly on the Affordable Care Act. They've done a shit ass job up to this point and let the Faux talking heads drive the conversation with lies.

It stresses preventative care, allows people to stay on their parent's insurance until they turn 26, closes the medicare loophole, creates insurance exchanges for persons to shop from so they get the healthcare they need, and eliminates insurance companies from excluding you from pre-existing conditions.

I don't think it needs to be re-branded. In fact, I think it's the exact opposite. Just like the birther issue turned out to be a turkey for the republicans, their constant angst about this has cause most people I know to simply tune them out. Anyone can look at all it does and know it's a winner. Resistence is just ignorance.

Im all for the unaffordable care act.........................Right up until the actual costs exceed the absurd trillion dollar projections, estimates, and utopian LIES of the community organizer

Then we can immediately shut down this incompetent, communist, pipedream........

It's about time the Democrats started messaging properly on the Affordable Care Act. They've done a shit ass job up to this point and let the Faux talking heads drive the conversation with lies.

It stresses preventative care, allows people to stay on their parent's insurance until they turn 26, closes the medicare loophole, creates insurance exchanges for persons to shop from so they get the healthcare they need, and eliminates insurance companies from excluding you from pre-existing conditions.

I don't think it needs to be re-branded. In fact, I think it's the exact opposite. Just like the birther issue turned out to be a turkey for the republicans, their constant angst about this has cause most people I know to simply tune them out. Anyone can look at all it does and know it's a winner. Resistence is just ignorance.

I have only one question for you Candy...if ObamaCare really IS so wonderful? Why did the Democratic leadership have to bribe their own people into passing it and why did the Obama Administration have to tell so many lies about it?

The fact of the matter is that ObamaCare is a badly written piece of legislation that does very little to lower the cost of health care while putting us on the hook for yet another massive unfunded entitlement that there is no way we can afford. Americans wanted health care reform to save them money...what they got instead was ObamaCare.

He has the air of a winner. As he should: he succeeded where many others have failed, overcoming a nihilistic minority in Congress and a conservative Court to reform a broken health care system.

It's good to see he's asserting himself on the stump. And amusing to see Romney shrinking away from the issue.

Yes, he has lots of 'air'.....

fart-burn-fire.jpg

Simple as that.

Into wealth envy and control asshole?

Barry will run on it because the only thing he cares about is getting reelected in 90 days.

I reckon he is indeed running on it to get re-elected. Smart of him.

Americans wanted health care reform to save them money...what they got instead was ObamaCare.

They've now got the slowest per capita growth rates in Medicare in the program's history. They've got provider groups reorganizing and re-designing the way they do business to provide better care at lower costs. They've got something they haven't had a long time: a decent shot at reining in out-of-control cost growth in health care.

I have only one question for you Candy...if ObamaCare really IS so wonderful? Why did the Democratic leadership have to bribe their own people into passing it and why did the Obama Administration have to tell so many lies about it?

The fact of the matter is that ObamaCare is a badly written piece of legislation that does very little to lower the cost of health care while putting us on the hook for yet another massive unfunded entitlement that there is no way we can afford. Americans wanted health care reform to save them money...what they got instead was ObamaCare.

A) Because they came from red states and were terrified of Pub BS tidal wave, felt they had to get special short term deals for their states. You're duped AGAIN by the greedy rich/corps...D'oh!

B) Romneycare is already a huge success, lowest cost rises in the country by far, Mass is having a boom...DUH. Obamacare is the same thing with more cost controls. Change the channel, dupe.

A) Because they came from red states and were terrified of Pub BS tidal wave, felt they had to get special short term deals for their states. You're duped AGAIN by the greedy rich/corps...D'oh!

B) Romneycare is already a huge success, lowest cost rises in the country by far, Mass is having a boom...DUH. Obamacare is the same thing with more cost controls. Change the channel, dupe.

Romneycare wasn't meant to go NATIONWIDE asshat. It was a State experiment that is going broke. Imagine that?

WashPo wasn't kidding about him embracing his achievement. Obama spent nearly half of his campaign speech in Denver today talking about health care:

On the issues that matter, you don’t have to take my word for it -- you can take me at my record. Four years ago, I delivered on my promise to pass health reform before the end of my first term. That’s what we did. (Applause.) The Affordable Care Act -- also known as Obamacare -- (applause) -- I actually like the name -- (laughter) -- because I do care. (Applause.) That’s why we fought so hard to make it happen.

The Affordable Care Act helps make sure you don’t have to worry about going broke just because one of your loved ones gets sick. Insurance companies can no longer place lifetime limits on your care. They can no longer jack up your premiums without reason. They can no longer drop your coverage when you need it most. They can no longer discriminate against children with preexisting conditions. (Applause.) And pretty soon, they’ll no longer be able to deny you coverage based on a preexisting condition, like breast cancer, or cervical cancer, or charge you more for care just because you’re a woman. They can’t do that anymore. Those days are over. (Applause.)

This is a law that allows young adults under the age of 26 to stay on their parent's health care plans -- (applause) -- and that’s already helped 6.6 million young Americans. (Applause.)

If you’re a little bit over 26, it gives seniors a discount on their prescription drugs -- a discount that's already saved millions of seniors on Medicare hundreds of dollars each. (Applause.)

Right now, nearly 13 million Americans are getting a rebate from insurance companies -- that’s right, they’re sending you a check -- (applause) -- because under the law, we’ve capped the amount of money that they can spend on administrative costs and CEO bonuses instead of your health care. And when they violate that rule, they’ve got to send you a check. (Applause.)

Last year, Obamacare secured new access to preventive care like mammograms and cancer screenings -- with no co-pay, no deductible, no out-of-pocket cost for more than 20 million women. (Applause.) Last week, insurance companies began covering even more services. And now most health plans are going to begin covering the cost of contraceptive care. (Applause.)

Now, understand this is crucial for women’s health. Doctors prescribe contraception not just for family planning but as a way to reduce the risk of ovarian and other cancers. And it’s good for our health care system in general, because we know the overall cost of care is lower when women have access to contraceptive services.

And listen, we recognize that many people have strongly held religious views on contraception, which is why we made sure churches and other houses of worship, they don’t have to provide it, they don’t have to pay for it. We worked with the Catholic hospitals and universities to find a solution that protects both religious liberty and a woman’s health. (Applause.)

The fact is nearly 99 percent of women have relied on contraception at some point -- and more than half of all women between the ages of 18 and 34 have struggled to afford it.

AUDIENCE MEMBER: Thank you!

THE PRESIDENT: And we’re changing that. (Applause.) Before health care reform, many health care plans charged high deductibles or co-pays for all these preventive services, or they just didn’t cover them at all. And according to one study, more than half of all women put off the care they needed because of that. How many of you have gone without care that you needed or a checkup because you knew that you might not be able to afford the insurance co-pays -- and you had to choose between gas, or groceries, or your kid’s new soccer uniform?

I don’t think a working mom in Denver should have to wait to get a mammogram just because money is tight. (Applause.) I don’t think a college student in Colorado Springs should have to choose between textbooks or the preventive care that she needs. That’s why we passed this law. (Applause.) It was the right thing to do.

Now, my opponent has a different view. As Sandra said, he said he would take the Affordable Care Act and "kill it dead" on the first day of his presidency -- "kill it dead."

AUDIENCE: Booo --

THE PRESIDENT: Which -- I mean, just understand what this means. This means 26-year-olds -- 6.5 million young people don’t have health insurance. The preventative care gone. Seniors paying more for prescription drugs. Preexisting conditions -- you’re out of luck. Then he said he’d "get rid of" Planned Parenthood.

THE PRESIDENT: Then he said he would have supported an extreme measure in Mississippi that could have outlawed some forms of contraception.

THE PRESIDENT: Then he joined the far right of his party to support a bill that would allow any employer to deny contraceptive coverage to their employees. So it would be up to the employer to decide --

THE PRESIDENt: -- your boss telling you what’s best for your health and your safety.

Now, let me tell you something, Denver -- I don’t think your boss should get to control the health care that you get. (Applause.) I don’t think insurance companies should control the care that you get. I don’t think politicians should control the care that you get. I think there's one person to make these decisions on health care, and that is you. You should make that decision. (Applause.)

Mr. Romney is running as the candidate of conservative values. There’s nothing conservative about a government that prevents a woman from making her own health care decisions. He says he’s the candidate of freedom. But freedom is the chance, the opportunity to determine for yourself the care that you need, when you need it. (Applause.) It’s the ability to change jobs or start your own business without fear of losing your health insurance. (Applause.)

We’re not going back to the days when it was acceptable to charge women more than men for health care. And we’re not going back to the days when women with preexisting conditions, like being a cancer survivor, were denied affordable care. (Applause.) We’re not going to kick more than a million young women off their parent's plan. We are not going backwards, Denver. We're moving forward. That’s why I’m running for President again. (Applause.)

And understand this: At a time when women make up nearly half the workforce, an increasing share of family breadwinners, these aren’t just health issues and they’re not just women’s issues. These are economic issues. They affect every family in America. (Applause.) Think about it. Think about what it means when a woman is the main breadwinner for her family, but she’s taking less pay home, doing the same work as a man, just because she’s a woman. That’s not right.

He's really turning up the volume now.

Oh yeah. This clusterfuck of a bill was passed by one party. The Dems. Many of those Dems had to be bribed and threatened by their bosses to pass this clusterfuck of a bill.

Those same Dems ignored their constituants who were clogging the phone line to DC to protest this bill. They passed it anyway.

This bill will cost anyone with HC up the ass and anyone who doesn't think this is an idiot in my book.

Another massive entitlement that someone else will be paying for.

Yeah. I can see Barry gloating over his HC bill on the campaign trail. NOT

I have worked for many years since by 16 birthday never taking anything from anyone that I did not earn. Now my company, which is quite large, has told us F... you, in 2014 you can buy your own insurance on Obamaexchanges. Not only do I get to pay for those who won't work I now get to pay even more for mine and the service will be worse.

Obamatax, Roberts should rot in hell.

Forum List

Back