Obama Election, The End of Sovereignty

When crazy isn't working for you, double down.

:rolleyes:

I've noticed that all the Left is capable of is bloviation....case in point above.

Seems the facts aren't on your side, or you'd engage in debate, wouldn't you.

More proof of the statement that, for the Left, feeling passes for knowing.

If you really think this stuff is helping conservatism, by all means, knock yerself out.

After all, it's been working so well for you so far.

When crazy isn't working for you, double down.

:rolleyes:

I've noticed that all the Left is capable of is bloviation....case in point above.

If you really think this stuff is helping conservatism, by all means, knock yerself out.

I understand why you'd completely ignore the import of the post to which you were ostensibly replying.

So, we agree that bloviation is the only card in your hand?

You cannot claim intellectual superiority AND use Dick Morris as a primary source of information.

If you were half as intelligent as you claim to be, you wouldn't need that fact explained to you.

Obama definately wants to bring us down; redistribute our power, and wealth. He was caught telling the Russians stuff he didn't want our citizens to know. He raised our debt 6, trillion after he said it was unamerican for Bush to raise it less - so his intentions are clear.
If our sovereighnty does fall, there will be much bloodshed first - there are many patriots with guns!
Sometime next year we will see if he declares himself supreme ruler by his actions; If he raises the debt ceiling by circumventing the law - then all hell will break loose! It is the amunition he seeks to destroy us!

I understand why you'd completely ignore the import of the post to which you were ostensibly replying.

Yes, absolutely.

Trying to have a reasonable, intellectually honest conversation with a person like you is an abject waste of time. So I'll just bide my time until you folks are marginalized and we can (hopefully) return to having two strong, credible parties.

I do, however, reserve the right to giggle at the manifestation of this little alternate reality the conservative absolutists have created for themselves.

You folks believe America is "exceptional" because it's got the biggest guns and have all sorts of "exceptions" to international rules, laws and protocols.

Wall Street Journal columnist Peggy Noonan:
"We are the oldest continuing democracy in the world. . . . We don't make refugees, we admit them. When the rich of the world get sick, they come here to be treated, and when their children come of age, they send them here to our universities. We have a supple political system open to reform, and a wildly diverse culture that has moments of stress but plenty of give. . . . The point is that while terrible challenges face us -- improving a sick public education system, ending the easy-money culture, rebuilding the economy -- we are building from an extraordinary, brilliant, and enduring base."

You cannot claim intellectual superiority AND use Dick Morris as a primary source of information.

If you were half as intelligent as you claim to be, you wouldn't need that fact explained to you.

I was soooo hoping that you would object to the source....

....since two of the sources that you presented were public radio.....
What size shoe does your mouth take?

"....claim intellectual superiority..."
I don't recall such a claim....but if in comparison to you, well...there's really no dispute, is there.

I don't recall such a claim....but if in comparison to you, well...there's really no dispute, is there.

Dick Morris. Peggy Noonan.

You are not only a dummy....you are lazy too. Surely an intellectual dynamo such as yourself can do better? Your sources are the stuff of a 9th grader looking for an easy grade.

Get ready, people.......here comes Thomas Sowell.

Yes, absolutely.

Trying to have a reasonable, intellectually honest conversation with a person like you is an abject waste of time. So I'll just bide my time until you folks are marginalized and we can (hopefully) return to having two strong, credible parties.

I do, however, reserve the right to giggle at the manifestation of this little alternate reality the conservative absolutists have created for themselves.

1. "...a reasonable, intellectually honest conversation..."
Did you think it would be slick to insinuate the word 'conversation,' when the venue is a debate?

Poorly executed.

No, I don't wish to have tea with you, merely to demonstrate that in the market place of ideas, conservative ideas pummel liberal.

2. "...an abject waste of time."

ab·ject (bjkt, b-jkt)
adj.
1. Brought low in condition or status. See Synonyms at mean2.
2. Being of the most contemptible kind: abject cowardice.
3. Being of the most miserable kind; wretched: abject poverty.
abject - definition of abject by the Free Online Dictionary, Thesaurus and Encyclopedia.

Yes, as unprepared as you are, it would be miserable for you.

3. "I do, however, reserve the right to giggle at the manifestation of this little alternate reality..."

The pretense is diaphanous.
You and I both know you are merely attempting to save face.

Too late.

You do know what reality means, don't you?
Or...would you care to show anything unreal in my posts?

Enough chit-chat.

If you care about the issue.....research "R2P" to see that globalism is already in effect.
Responsibility to protect - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You are not only a dummy....you are lazy too. Surely an intellectual dynamo such as yourself can do better? Your sources are the stuff of a 9th grader looking for an easy grade.

Have you read any of Dr. Sowell's tomes?

Don't bother...I know the answer.

What you posted was opinion pieces from a newspaper. The facts are that Obama in no way suspended the work requirement for welfare. Here is some "documentation" for you, dummy.

The Truth About Obama and Welfare Reform | RealClearPolitics

Despite Fact Checks, Romney Escalates Welfare Work Requirement Charge : It's All Politics : NPR

Obama's welfare-to-work firestorm - Economy

Did Obama weaken the welfare work requirement? | Marketplace.org

Now.....eat shit.

Your language fits your character.

"Obama kills welfare reform
By Dick Morris - 07/17/12 05:07 PM ET

Determined to destroy Bill Clinton’s signature achievement, President Obama’s administration has opened a loophole in the 1996 welfare reform legislation big enough to make the law ineffective. Its work requirement — the central feature of the legislation — has been diluted beyond recognition by the bureaucrats at the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS).

On Thursday of last week, HHS issued regulations that modified — gutted — the work requirement. Its new regulations allow the states to substitute education programs for work to get welfare benefits. The regs say that “vocational educational training or job search/readiness programs” “count as well” in meeting the basic condition that recipients work in order to receive welfare benefits."
Obama kills welfare reform - The Hill

O dick morris...yeah that toad is irrelevant

What you posted was opinion pieces from a newspaper. The facts are that Obama in no way suspended the work requirement for welfare. Here is some "documentation" for you, dummy.

The Truth About Obama and Welfare Reform | RealClearPolitics

Despite Fact Checks, Romney Escalates Welfare Work Requirement Charge : It's All Politics : NPR

Obama's welfare-to-work firestorm - Economy

Did Obama weaken the welfare work requirement? | Marketplace.org

Now.....eat shit.

Determined to destroy Bill Clinton’s signature achievement, President Obama’s administration has opened a loophole in the 1996 welfare reform legislation big enough to make the law ineffective. Its work requirement — the central feature of the legislation — has been diluted beyond recognition by the bureaucrats at the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS).

On Thursday of last week, HHS issued regulations that modified — gutted — the work requirement. Its new regulations allow the states to substitute education programs for work to get welfare benefits. The regs say that “vocational educational training or job search/readiness programs” “count as well” in meeting the basic condition that recipients work in order to receive welfare benefits."

I looked up 'irrelevant' in the dictionary....and there was your picture.

Tomes? I watched a Marissa Tomei flick with my wife today. Does tht count?

It takes a special person to use that term......special in a weird way.

Sowell is a joke too. You seem to gravitate toward them.

You're probably thinking of Judas, not Brutus.

As for creeping Globalization, that didn't start with Obama and it won't end with him.

Brutus.

Judas is a bit strong for the allusion.

I think you have to kind of understand why Brutus did what he did...

Brutus murdered a man who had toppled constitutional government in Rome and created a personal permanent dictatorship. They tried to prevent a system that would inevitably bring Caligula and Nero to power, and that was their intent. One could argue that Brutus was a patriot, but frankly, Roman Republican Government had been on life support for nearly a century at that point.

Now, I'm not comfortable with the notion of GLobalization. Quite the contrary, I think right after the insatiable greed of the wealthy, it is the biggest source of the decline of the American Middle Class.

We simply can never get our workers to knuckled under to the poor wages, unsafe working conditions and lax environmental controls that the third world takes for granted.

I work for a large multi-national corporation (not based in the US) that has moved most of it's manufacturing to Asia. I recently had to drive around a lady from one of our Chinese offices to visit vendors and review processes.

During our trip, driving through Chicago, she remarked she was amazed Chicago was as large as it was, and the skies were clear and there wasn't massive smoke around the city.

Frankly, I'm kind of glad about that. Some people on the right think our biggest problem is that we hve too strict of environmental laws....

We've reached a point where new environmental regulations have little or no real impact except to make it too costly to do business. New rules proposed by this regime have a reported cost of complance of 90 billion per year, how many jobs do you think they will cost.

No, it doesn't count....just as you don't.

Do you wish that your children have the same depth of education as you do?
Get the point.

Thomas Sowell:
Senior Fellow, Hoover Institution, September 1980–present
Professor of Economics, UCLA, July 1974–June 1980
Visiting Professor of Economics, Amherst College, September–December 1977
Fellow, Hoover Institution, Stanford University, April–August 1977
Fellow, Center for Advanced Study in the Behavioral Sciences, July 1976–March 1977
Project Director, The Urban Institute, August 1972–July 1974
Associate Professor of Economics, UCLA, September 1970–June 1972
Associate Professor of Economics, Brandeis University, September 1969–June 1970
Assistant Professor of Economics, Cornell University, September 1965–June 1969
Economic Analyst, American Telephone & Telegraph Co., June 1964–August 1965
Lecturer in Economics, Howard University, September 1963–June 1964
Instructor in Economics, Douglass College, Rutgers University, September 1962–June 1963
Labor Economist, U.S. Department of Labor, June 1961–August 1962

I looked up 'irrelevant' in the dictionary....and there was your picture.
Coool story

Get the point.

Thomas Sowell:
Fellow, Center for Advanced Study in the Behavioral Sciences, July 1976–March 1977
Instructor in Economics, Douglass College, Rutgers University, September 1962–June 1963

I don't give a shit about all that. He compared our President to Hitler in a serious manner. That makes him a joke. You idolize a fucking joke.

Get the point.

Thomas Sowell:

I don't give a shit about all that. He compared our President to Hitler in a serious manner. That makes him a joke. You idolize a fucking joke.
Dummy why does so many comparable things of hitler and obama make you have a temper tantrum?

New Topics

Forum List

Back