Obama Economy: Food Prices Skyrocketed

I'm not attacking Obama by stating that gas has gone way up again since he took office, I see it every week at the pump.

The reasons for this are multiple, part is the economy is better, part is that he keeps pushing for more printing of money through the quantitative easing (QE 1,2,3) devaluing our dollar, part is that regardless of rhetoric he has not done anything to increase production of non-renewable domestic energies (most blatant was blocking the keystone pipeline).

You do know I don't hate Obama on a personal level right? He is just wrong when it comes to how to handle our economy and domestic energy plan.

Yet prices are lower than they were before the crash.

Reconcile that.

No need to reconcile that, that was Bush's problem...this is now Obama's problem as Bush hasn't been president in 4 years.

It wasn't Bush's problem and it isn't Obama's, it's global market problem ... that is unless you are for nationalizing our energy production.

Except they are. There is a special index (one of hundreds) that excludes food and energy and is preferred by finance types because it's less volatile, but the headline number, and more importantly the numbers used for COLA most certainly include food and energy.

I think the main point though is that the stat that the mass media reports to the main public is typically the CPI ex food and energy. .

I've never seen that. I've always seen them report the All Items CPI-U and then mention All Items less food and energy (specifically noting it's less food and energy).

What, on CNBC?

That doesn't count.

I'm not attacking Obama by stating that gas has gone way up again since he took office, I see it every week at the pump.

The reasons for this are multiple, part is the economy is better, part is that he keeps pushing for more printing of money through the quantitative easing (QE 1,2,3) devaluing our dollar, part is that regardless of rhetoric he has not done anything to increase production of non-renewable domestic energies (most blatant was blocking the keystone pipeline).

You do know I don't hate Obama on a personal level right? He is just wrong when it comes to how to handle our economy and domestic energy plan.
I'd love for you to point out anytime Obama discussed using quantitative easing.

I'd love for you to point out where ANY president ever discussed such a thing.

I didn't claim Obama was out giving speaches about QE1, 2, and 3 I just said he allowed it to go through. Its his people in charge now. I also stated the fact that QE reduces the value of the dollar by printing more money.

Now that I got your straw man out of the way........
His people? He allowed it?

Lets fix your fail.

1. I didn't say he gave speeches. I literally meant anything AT ALL that he's ever said about utilizing QE.

2. Obama doesn't decide monetary policy. He neither allows it nor disallows it. That's Bernanke's task.

3. Bernanke isn't Obama's "people". He was nominated by Bush and when he started his first round of QE, Obama hadn't even been elected yet.

The easy money policy of the Fed is completely independent of anything any president is doing. It's a Bernanke policy.

So you think you’ve been paying more for groceries because your food bill is too high?
You’re right. Barack Obama is consuming fine dining while you’re putting another helping of macaroni on your plate. prices skyrocketed for staples that you consume, according to the government:
•Beef: +10.2%
•Pork: +8.5%
•Fish: +7.1%
•Eggs: +9.2%
•Dairy: +6.8%
•Oils and Fats: +9.3%

Thanks to those kinds of prices, more and more people are opting to stay home for dinner – restaurants are simply too expensive. The gap between how much Americans eat out and how much they eat at home is the biggest since the mid-1970’s oil crisis.

You need to add a link for your source. Newby

Obama Economy: Food Prices Skyrocketed in 2011

View attachment 22183

View attachment 22184

View attachment 22185

You are an idiot. The well publicised drought and refined oil prices are responsible for those cost increases.

The sad part is that you are probably so stupid that you DO blame Obama for this situation.

Only idiots are those who vote for obama the liar, I assume this includes your dumb ass.

Yet prices are lower than they were before the crash.

Reconcile that.

No need to reconcile that, that was Bush's problem...this is now Obama's problem as Bush hasn't been president in 4 years.

It wasn't Bush's problem and it isn't Obama's, it's global market problem ... that is unless you are for nationalizing our energy production.

It was Bush's problem from his idiotic economic policies as it is Obama's problem for both his idiotic economic and domestic non-renewable energy policies. By the way economic policies include both foreign and domestic just in case you didn't realize I meant the whole picture.

I'd love for you to point out anytime Obama discussed using quantitative easing.

I'd love for you to point out where ANY president ever discussed such a thing.

I didn't claim Obama was out giving speaches about QE1, 2, and 3 I just said he allowed it to go through. Its his people in charge now. I also stated the fact that QE reduces the value of the dollar by printing more money.

Now that I got your straw man out of the way........
His people? He allowed it?

Lets fix your fail.

1. I didn't say he gave speeches. I literally meant anything AT ALL that he's ever said about utilizing QE.

2. Obama doesn't decide monetary policy. He neither allows it nor disallows it. That's Bernanke's task.

3. Bernanke isn't Obama's "people". He was nominated by Bush and when he started his first round of QE, Obama hadn't even been elected yet.

The easy money policy of the Fed is completely independent of anything any president is doing. It's a Bernanke policy.

Yeah and Obama kept Bernake in the fed instead of having him resign and putting in someone who wouldn't devalue the dollar with radical programs such as Quantatative Easing.

You didn't say speech yet I never said Obama was running around talking about it, why would he? I would think he would want everyone to not know or ignore QE as its a dumb policy that hurts Americans on fixed incomes and those living off savings.

So you think you’ve been paying more for groceries because your food bill is too high?
You’re right. Barack Obama is consuming fine dining while you’re putting another helping of macaroni on your plate. prices skyrocketed for staples that you consume, according to the government:

Thanks to those kinds of prices, more and more people are opting to stay home for dinner – restaurants are simply too expensive. The gap between how much Americans eat out and how much they eat at home is the biggest since the mid-1970’s oil crisis.

View attachment 22183

View attachment 22184

View attachment 22185

You are an idiot. The well publicised drought and refined oil prices are responsible for those cost increases.

The sad part is that you are probably so stupid that you DO blame Obama for this situation.

Only idiots are those who vote for obama the liar, I assume this includes your dumb ass.

All politicians lie from time to time. They don't all have to be a bat shit crazy cult member that thinks god lives on Kolob.

All politicians lie from time to time. They don't all have to be a bat shit crazy cult member that thinks god lives on Kolob.

This fits very neatly into Obama's 20 year membership in Chicago's anti-white, America-hating Trinity Church, headed by his mentor, Jeremiah Wright, Jr....pathetic. $ObamaWright.jpg

View attachment 22183

View attachment 22184

View attachment 22185

How has the worst drought in 50 years impacted the price of food? I'm sure even you, if you were honest, would understand the cause and effect in play. But, since you are not honest, you've completely disregarded this important fact.

View attachment 22183

View attachment 22184

View attachment 22185

Who'd have thought it. So Obama is responsible for the global rise in food prices, eh! Blimey. You must be desperate, blaming him for what is a worldwide situation brought about by drought and extreme weather decimating the grain harvests.

World food costs rose in September to the most expensive in six months as dairy and meat producers passed on higher feed prices to users, the FAO said yesterday. An index of 55 food items rose to 215.8 points in September from 212.8 a month earlier and compared with a 131.17 average in the past 20 years. Corn traded in Chicago jumped 50 percent since the middle of June as the worst U.S. drought in half a century killed crops.

Food prices monitored by the UN may climb 15 percent by June, surpassing the record set in February 2011, Nick Higgins, an analyst at Rabobank International, said in a report on Sept. 19. Grain and oilseed prices should “remain at elevated levels” for at least the next 12 months to ration demand and encourage crop farmers to boost planting, he said.

Food Prices May Stay High in Next Six Months on Drought: FAO - Businessweek

Who'd have thought it. So Obama is responsible for the global rise in food prices, eh! Blimey. You must be desperate, blaming him for what is a worldwide situation brought about by drought and extreme weather decimating the grain harvests.

Stupid ass,

The expanding use of ethanol in U.S. oil production, prompted by government mandates that require the use of biofuel in gasoline, is escalating the price of corn while plaguing poor countries with rising food prices. Critics worldwide are now questioning the federal government’s ethanol mandates, as the use of American-produced corn for biofuel has added more than $6.5 billion to the food import bills of developing countries, particularly in North Africa and Central America.

Stupid ass,

The expanding use of ethanol in U.S. oil production, prompted by government mandates that require the use of biofuel in gasoline, is escalating the price of corn while plaguing poor countries with rising food prices. Critics worldwide are now questioning the federal government’s ethanol mandates, as the use of American-produced corn for biofuel has added more than $6.5 billion to the food import bills of developing countries, particularly in North Africa and Central America.

Again our economic policies under his administration have devalued our dollar which has led to the higher than normal inflation rate in all goods we have seen over the last 2-3 years.

Stupid ass,

Stupid ass? Lol! Seems you need to do some research before making yourself look stupid.

Ethanol and Food Prices
Projections estimate that by 2016, the United States will have diverted up to 43 percent of its cropland toward ethanol production. Since such land is normally used to harvest grain for feeding livestock, any diversions to ethanol production would require either changing the use of other land to growing grain or sharp increases in the cost of grain and meat. Given these ramifications, it is no surprise that a myriad of global organizations have opposed the biofuel mandate, including the World Trade Organization, Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO), International Fund for Agricultural Development, International Monetary Fund, Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development, UN Conference on Trade and Development, World Food Program, International Food Policy Research Institute, UN High Level Task Force, and the World Bank. In a recent opinion piece in the Financial Times, José Graziano da Silva, director-general of the FAO, also called for the suspension of biofuel use. He noted that “an immediate, temporary suspension of that [ethanol] mandate would give some respite to the market and allow more of the crop to be channeled towards food and feed uses.”

Once again Obama has screwed you in your pocketbook......

View attachment 22183

View attachment 22184

View attachment 22185

It's never Obama's fault....
It's never Obama's fault.....

We get it...

View attachment 22183

View attachment 22184

View attachment 22185

It's never Obama's fault.....

We get it...

Well if Romney wins it will be refreshing to see a guy who takes responsibility for the future instead of blaming everything on the past

Forum List

Back