Obama Economy: Food Prices Skyrocketed

Nova78

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2011
Colorado
So you think you’ve been paying more for groceries because your food bill is too high?
You’re right. Barack Obama is consuming fine dining while you’re putting another helping of macaroni on your plate. prices skyrocketed for staples that you consume, according to the government:
•Beef: +10.2%
•Pork: +8.5%
•Fish: +7.1%
•Eggs: +9.2%
•Dairy: +6.8%
•Oils and Fats: +9.3%

Thanks to those kinds of prices, more and more people are opting to stay home for dinner – restaurants are simply too expensive. The gap between how much Americans eat out and how much they eat at home is the biggest since the mid-1970’s oil crisis.

You need to add a link for your source. Newby

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2012/07/17/Obama-economy-food-prices-skyrocketed-2011

$obama-michelle-party-wh-photo.jpg

$obama-tuxedo.jpg

$Barack-Obama-With-Members-Of-His-Administration-440x293.jpg

So you think you’ve been paying more for groceries because your food bill is too high?
You’re right. Barack Obama is consuming fine dining while you’re putting another helping of macaroni on your plate. prices skyrocketed for staples that you consume, according to the government:

Thanks to those kinds of prices, more and more people are opting to stay home for dinner – restaurants are simply too expensive. The gap between how much Americans eat out and how much they eat at home is the biggest since the mid-1970’s oil crisis.

But it isn’t working. Because unemployment is high, prices for groceries are high, and the costs that retailers didn’t pass on to their consumers in an attempt to keep businesses afloat are being introduced now, consumers are paying the price.

The good news: Michelle has been cautioning us to eat less. Now she’ll get her wish.

View attachment 22183

View attachment 22184

View attachment 22185

Can you find the info for Gasoline and electricity also? I know both are up by higher numbers than the food numbers but don't have a link.

But it isn’t working. Because unemployment is high, prices for groceries are high, and the costs that retailers didn’t pass on to their consumers in an attempt to keep businesses afloat are being introduced now, consumers are paying the price.

The good news: Michelle has been cautioning us to eat less. Now she’ll get her wish.

View attachment 22183

View attachment 22184

View attachment 22185

Can you find the info for Gasoline and electricity also? I know both are up by higher numbers than the food numbers but don't have a link.

Gas plummeted along with the stock market when the market crashed and isn't even back to pre-crash levels today.

To try and attack Obama because of the "increase" in gas prices since he took office is the height of intellectual dishonesty.

You should be better than that.

View attachment 22183

View attachment 22184

View attachment 22185

Gas plummeted along with the stock market when the market crashed and isn't even back to pre-crash levels today.

To try and attack Obama because of the "increase" in gas prices since he took office is the height of intellectual dishonesty.

I'm not attacking Obama by stating that gas has gone way up again since he took office, I see it every week at the pump.

The reasons for this are multiple, part is the economy is better, part is that he keeps pushing for more printing of money through the quantitative easing (QE 1,2,3) devaluing our dollar, part is that regardless of rhetoric he has not done anything to increase production of non-renewable domestic energies (most blatant was blocking the keystone pipeline).

You do know I don't hate Obama on a personal level right? He is just wrong when it comes to how to handle our economy and domestic energy plan.

Wow! Good thing Food and Energy aren't used in the calculation of the Inflation Rate!

I'm not attacking Obama by stating that gas has gone way up again since he took office, I see it every week at the pump.

The reasons for this are multiple, part is the economy is better, part is that he keeps pushing for more printing of money through the quantitative easing (QE 1,2,3) devaluing our dollar, part is that regardless of rhetoric he has not done anything to increase production of non-renewable domestic energies (most blatant was blocking the keystone pipeline).

You do know I don't hate Obama on a personal level right? He is just wrong when it comes to how to handle our economy and domestic energy plan.

Yet prices are lower than they were before the crash.

Reconcile that.

much of the price of food is the weather related around the world, and the squeezing of the consumers by middlemen in the collection and redistribution of these foodstuffs, now on another note, increases of human population in the world and no increases in food yields by farming will only increase the demand and price of food.

But please be myopic and just blame Oblama.

Obama Economy: Food Prices Skyrocketed in 2011

View attachment 22183

View attachment 22184

View attachment 22185

It's ridiculous to pin this to a president. This writing has been on the wall since Bernanke started creating trillions of dollars of new money back in 2008.

I'd love for you to point out anytime Obama discussed using quantitative easing.

I'd love for you to point out where ANY president ever discussed such a thing.

obama is enjoying the skyrocketing priices. It's what he means when he says consumer spending is up.

Some of you fucking idiots just have no business being in this subforum.

Wow! Good thing Food and Energy aren't used in the calculation of the Inflation Rate!

Except they are. There is a special index (one of hundreds) that excludes food and energy and is preferred by finance types because it's less volatile, but the headline number, and more importantly the numbers used for COLA most certainly include food and energy.

Except they are. There is a special index (one of hundreds) that excludes food and energy and is preferred by finance types because it's less volatile, but the headline number, and more importantly the numbers used for COLA most certainly include food and energy.

I think the main point though is that the stat that the mass media reports to the main public is typically the CPI ex food and energy. So MOST people, especially laymen, see a very nominal number under 2% and assume everything is just fine.

It's not the stats that are the problem, it's the disingenuous reporting of them that is.

I think the main point though is that the stat that the mass media reports to the main public is typically the CPI ex food and energy. .

I've never seen that. I've always seen them report the All Items CPI-U and then mention All Items less food and energy (specifically noting it's less food and energy).

Expect 2013 to be a real bitch, higher taxes ,the obama care horse shit, and if obama gets another unbridled 4 years expect massive lay-offs, massive pension bankruptcies,large bank lay-offs,higher small business taxes,and more and more headed for welfare , SS disability, part time no benefit jobs....lower wages ,higher cost.... etc..:eusa_whistle:

$its_a_wonderful_life_1.jpg

$obamacarelines.jpg

$scooters-fat-people-8.jpg

Obama Economy: Food Prices Skyrocketed in 2011

View attachment 22183

View attachment 22184

View attachment 22185

You are an idiot. The well publicised drought and refined oil prices are responsible for those cost increases.

The sad part is that you are probably so stupid that you DO blame Obama for this situation.

Yet prices are lower than they were before the crash.

Reconcile that.

No need to reconcile that, that was Bush's problem...this is now Obama's problem as Bush hasn't been president in 4 years.

I'd love for you to point out anytime Obama discussed using quantitative easing.

I'd love for you to point out where ANY president ever discussed such a thing.

I didn't claim Obama was out giving speaches about QE1, 2, and 3 I just said he allowed it to go through. Its his people in charge now. I also stated the fact that QE reduces the value of the dollar by printing more money.

Now that I got your straw man out of the way........

New Topics

Forum List

Back