Obama: Economic Crisis 'Not As Bad Ae We Think'

Freemason

What the Dormouse Said
Mar 11, 2009
The Heart Of Darkness...The Horror
WASHINGTON (AP) - Confronting misgivings, even in his own party, President Barack Obama mounted a stout defense of his blueprint to overhaul the economy Thursday, declaring the national crisis is "not as bad as we think" and his plans will speed recovery.

Challenged to provide encouragement as the nation's "confidence builder in chief," Obama said Americans shouldn't be whipsawed by bursts of either bad or good news and he was "highly optimistic" about the long term.

Obama: Economic crisis 'not as bad as we think'

Why would the president cause all this confusion. One day it's the sky is falling and now this. He needs to be a leader.

He's the same guy that said not to worry about the ups and downs in the stock market right?

Right.

He's has another party to plan at the White House.

WASHINGTON (AP) - Confronting misgivings, even in his own party, President Barack Obama mounted a stout defense of his blueprint to overhaul the economy Thursday, declaring the national crisis is "not as bad as we think" and his plans will speed recovery.

Challenged to provide encouragement as the nation's "confidence builder in chief," Obama said Americans shouldn't be whipsawed by bursts of either bad or good news and he was "highly optimistic" about the long term.

Why would the president cause all this confusion. One day it's the sky is falling and now this. He needs to be a leader.

:wtf:

now really, is there anybody here who thinks we ought to believe this guy?

Well, you can bet there's a bunch out there that will believe ANYTHING he says. And you have to admit, he's pretty smart. Because now he can negate any panic speak he may have been accused of. Of course, what I haven't heard him say lately is in connection with oil prices as we head into warmer months. I wonder how long it will be before we're back at $4 a gallon?

Well, you can bet there's a bunch out there that will believe ANYTHING he says. And you have to admit, he's pretty smart. Because now he can negate any panic speak he may have been accused of. Of course, what I haven't heard him say lately is in connection with oil prices as we head into warmer months. I wonder how long it will be before we're back at $4 a gallon?

Well, I haven't seen any meeting on Energy where the list of the people attending the meetings are a state secret.

boone picken believes and also other analyst think we will $80 a barrel before labor day.

Sounds like, "The foundation of this economy is strong....."

Who are these people kidding?

Sounds like, "The foundation of this economy is strong....."

Who are these people kidding?

No, I think it is more along the lines of "The only thing that we have to fear, is fear itself".
Bush and the rest knew that we were in trouble. They were hoping to put off the day of reckoning untill after the election.

At least I can say I didn't vote for this idiot!!!! One day it's the worst crisis since the Great Depression the next it's not that bad.... Thank God we spent trillions of dollars bailing out an economy that's not as bad as he thought....

STFU already with your partisan BS, KMAN. You're a fraud. You're not here to deliver news stories to us or post your neutral, unbiased opinion. You're here to bash Obama in everything he does.

Obama could save a little girl from a burning building and you blame the fire on him and then you would yell at him for not rescuing the girl quickly enough. Obama could be Jesus and he couldn't do enough good for you.

At least I can say I didn't vote for this idiot!!!! One day it's the worst crisis since the Great Depression the next it's not that bad.... Thank God we spent trillions of dollars bailing out an economy that's not as bad as he thought....

I like that old timey saying "He dosen't know his azz from a whole in the ground." it sure as hell fits this guy.

STFU already with your partisan BS, KMAN. You're a fraud. You're not here to deliver news stories to us or post your neutral, unbiased opinion. You're here to bash Obama in everything he does.

Obama could save a little girl from a burning building and you blame the fire on him and then you would yell at him for not rescuing the girl quickly enough. Obama could be Jesus and he couldn't do enough good for you.

does this remind you of anybody you know? pot?

When those of us were trying to move away from the fear mongering and catastrophic language the president so loves to use, we were excoriated for being out of touch or in league with the evil rich.

When actual numbers were quoted from the WSJ or other sources that proved we were not in the "worst economic downturn since the great depression", but were really no worse off than the last major recession of the late 70s and early 80s, we were told that we were living in a fantasy land.

But now your fearless leader of hope and stimuli says "It's not so bad" you all are quick to lick his boots and obsequiously prostrate yourselves at his feet.

FUCKING SHEEP

Last edited:
This is a MONETARY crises, not a crises based on some issue of a lack of something we need.

Start shooting bankers and this problem will solve itself PDQ, I'd wager.

It's odd but this is the "exact" same thing McCain said & was literally torn apart by Barack Obama during the campaign:

McCain stated that the "American people" are fundamentally strong--he never stated that the "economy was strong." Of course, Barack Obama took that & ran with it--stating that McCain stated the economy was fundamentally strong.

Now--what I do not understand about Obama's comment today. He stated the "economy" wasn't as bad as we thought 2 YEARS AGO! Well, heck no--we were not hemorraging jobs back then & in fact I believe two years ago we had full employment in the 4% range.

BTW--did anyone get a chance to watch 20/20 tonight Friday night--March 13, 2009? It was called "Bailout or Bull"? Facinating--if you want to see a good program regarding all these bail-outs--roads--paid for pre-kindegarden, etc.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back