Obama doesn't Support "Free Speech" Rights...

mal

Diamond Member
Mar 16, 2009
Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde™
Obama: Quran-burning a 'bonanza for al-Qaida' - Politics - White House - msnbc.com

"If he's listening, I hope he understands that what he's proposing to do is completely contrary to our values as Americans," Obama said. "That this country has been built on the notion of freedom and religious tolerance."

The president also said Jones' plan, if carried out, could serve as an incentive for terrorist-minded individuals "to blow themselves up" to kill others.

"And as a very practical matter, as commander in chief of the Armed Forces of the United States, I just want him to understand that this stunt that he is talking about pulling could greatly endanger our young men and women in uniform," the president said.

But does he have the "Right" to do it?... Obama was QUICK to Support the Islamists and the Proposed Mosque @ Ground Zero...

Interesting how he Selective in his Support of certain Constitutional Rights for certain People.

:)

peace...

You are correct, that this idiotic Jones has a RIGHT to do this. I do not believe anything that Obama said infringed on that right.

The same Words for the Mosque would have been Nice...

Consistency...

But then again, Christians aren't going to go running out in the Streets Killing People when they are Offended, so...

peace...

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
You are correct, that this idiotic Jones has a RIGHT to do this. I do not believe anything that Obama said infringed on that right.

So if Obama comes out against a KKK rally in the US, you will be writing the same post?

He would be obliged to use the same words he used for the Mosque?

The KKK whether or not you agree with them has the same rights as any group to hold a rally. And if you are going to defend constitutional rights for one group, you must defend them for all groups.

So if Obama comes out against a KKK rally in the US, you will be writing the same post?

The KKK whether or not you agree with them has the same rights as any group to hold a rally. And if you are going to defend constitutional rights for one group, you must defend them for all groups.

But Obama didn't defend or attack their constitutional rights. He just used his moral judgment and his intelligence to conclude that burning the Korans would be a bad decision. Is he allowed to make that judgment call?

His statement implies that they have the constitutional right to burn holy books. The issue with that action is whether or not they should do it. He goes one step further than with the community center case.

Did I miss the part where Obama attempted to take it away?

Did I accuse hm of trying to take anything away?

Get your head out of your ass and pay attention.

My bad. So, how was Obama "not protecting" this lunatic's rights, specifically?

Requesting the guy call of the "stunt" isn't exactly protecting his right to free speech.

Telling him his constitutional right would be destructive" and a "recruitment bonanza for al-Qaida." isn't what I would call defending the man's rights.

The fact that I'm having to explain this to you indicates that you are not capable of thinking for yourself.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007

We are Talking about Offensive Actions...

I don't Believe that the Mosque Offends Obama, but it Offends the MAJORITY of Americans...

His Tone on the Mosque was NOTABLY Different than his Fellow Americans...

And that was a Religious Freedom Issue... He was Quick to Defend the Muslims for their "Rights".

He is Attacking this "Christian" for Exercising his Free Speech Rights and I didn't see ANY Reference by Obama saying things like he did Regarding the Mosque, like "Freedom of Speech is what makes America Great, even if we don't agree with the Speech."

He shouldn't Insert himself and Expose his Sympathies.

But he does.

peace...

But Obama didn't defend or attack their constitutional rights. He just used his moral judgment and his intelligence to conclude that burning the Korans would be a bad decision. Is he allowed to make that judgment call?

His statement implies that they have the constitutional right to burn holy books. The issue with that action is whether or not they should do it. He goes one step further than with the community center case.

That's right Obama didn't defend the man's constitutional rights. Period.

I don't Believe that the Mosque Offends Obama, but it Offends the MAJORITY of Americans...

It's wrong that it offends a majority of Americans. Lots of stuff offended and offend a majority of Americans, but it doesn't make it right.

And that was a Religious Freedom Issue... He was Quick to Defend the Muslims for their "Rights".

Indeed, and thank God!

There are no good reasons to be offended by the lower Manhattan community center, unless you think that there is some connection between 9/11 and those muslims. Since they are none, since practicing Islam will happen in America, coming out against the mosque would create a group of pariahs.

He is Attacking this "Christian" for Exercising his Free Speech Rights and I didn't see ANY Reference by Obama saying things like he did Regarding the Mosque, like "Freedom of Speech is what makes America Great, even if we don't agree with the Speech."

But he does.

peace...

Yup, he is attacking a group for exercising their freedom of speech. Like I said earlier, it sounds like you think the President should not have a personal opinion on what a group does. You think the president should put the same effort in defending the community center as he should defending a Koran burning session or a KKK rally.

It's wrong that it offends a majority of Americans. Lots of stuff offended and offend a majority of Americans, but it doesn't make it right.

Indeed, and thank God!

There are no good reasons to be offended by the lower Manhattan community center, unless you think that there is some connection between 9/11 and those muslims. Since they are none, since practicing Islam will happen in America, coming out against the mosque would create a group of pariahs.

But he does.

peace...

Yup, he is attacking a group for exercising their freedom of speech. Like I said earlier, it sounds like you think the President should not have a personal opinion on what a group does. You think the president should put the same effort in defending the community center as he should defending a Koran burning session or a KKK rally.

As a Liberal, he should Defend their "Free Speech" Rights, not Attack them...

Why you don't get this is beyond me...

Maybe you are as Dishonest and Inconsistent as he is.

You also seem Sympathetic to Islam and Confrontational with Christianity...

As he does.

peace...

As a Liberal, he should Defend their "Free Speech" Rights, not Attack them...

Why you don't get this is beyond me...

Maybe you are as Dishonest and Inconsistent as he is.

You also seem Sympathetic to Islam and Confrontational with Christianity...

As he does.

peace...

I fail to see why being a Liberal means you should have some blanket support for any exercise of free speech.

Maybe the problem comes with your implicit assumption that Liberals are devoid of a brain and act like little robots.

Peace be upon you brother tha malcontent. I hope your fast is going well and are ready to celebrate Eid tomorrow.

He damn sure wasn't protecting his right. Now was he?

Did I miss the part where Obama attempted to take it away?

Remember...Obama (due to a few factors) is NOT allowed to say anything about this. He is OPPRESSING this Florida group. Help! Help! They're being oppressed!

Obama is NOT allowed to make such statements...don't you know? He's simply not allowed.

Did I accuse hm of trying to take anything away?

Get your head out of your ass and pay attention.

My bad. So, how was Obama "not protecting" this lunatic's rights, specifically?

Requesting the guy call of the "stunt" isn't exactly protecting his right to free speech.

Telling him his constitutional right would be destructive" and a "recruitment bonanza for al-Qaida." isn't what I would call defending the man's rights.

The fact that I'm having to explain this to you indicates that you are not capable of thinking for yourself.
Here we go....now tell VaYank how smart you are....I'm sure that's what you want to do. That's your Logic.

But....I do have a question...."requesting the guy call of [sic] the "stunt" isn't exactly protecting his right to free speech".....how is that PREVENTING the protection of his right to free speech?

Forum List

Back