Obama Doesn’t Have The “Joy of the Game"

beretta304

Rookie
Aug 13, 2012
A Saner Place
Larry Summers: Obama doesn’t have the “joy of the game”; Clinton basically loved negotiating about anything

September 6, 2012

“”The administration didn’t seem to have a strategy. It was unbelievable. There didn’t seem to be any core principles,” Woodward writes in describing Van Hollen’s thinking.

Larry Summers, a top economic adviser to Obama who also served as Treasury Secretary under President Clinton, identified a key distinction that he said impacted budget and spending talks.

“Obama doesn’t really have the joy of the game. Clinton basically loved negotiating with a bunch of pols, about anything,” Summers said. “Whereas, Obama, he really didn’t like these guys.”

Summers said that Obama’s “excessive pragmatism” was a problem. “I don’t think anybody has a sense of his deep feelings about things.” Summers said. “I don’t think anybody has a sense of his deep feelings about people. I don’t think people have a sense of his deep feelings around the public philosophy.”" — Rick Klein, Copyright 2012 ABC News Internet Ventures

Larry Summers: Obama doesn't have the "joy of the game"; Clinton basically loved negotiating about anything - politiColonel

Last edited:
Negotiation takes two partners willing to compromise.

That does not describe the state of affairs in this nation right now.

• Banned
Negotiation takes two partners willing to compromise.

That does not describe the state of affairs in this nation right now.

This goes back to the "same old, same old." Dems want to whine about cooperation yet they had control early on. There were SS issues, entitlement issues and much more that they chose to ignore. Instead Obama had a one track mind...Obummercare.

Now and in the past he complains of partisanship when he's the biggest partisan. Futhermore, McConnell never said it the way it was portrayed. Whether you want to believe it or not is your choice.

But his WHOLE commnet needs to be seen.

• Banned

Not sure I can get angry about someone who doesn't like playing political bullshit games.

Then you can't be referring to the King of Game Players....Obama. The Congress is under no obligation to just rubber stamp a President's agenda. Just recall Pelosi's words about passing it in order to find out what's in it. That's all you need to know.

Sounds like you're trying to lay it all on Congress. Congress and Obama are BOTH to blame. It's up to Obama to lead not Congress.

Summers said that Obama’s “excessive pragmatism” was a problem. “I don’t think anybody has a sense of his deep feelings about things.” Summers said. “I don’t think anybody has a sense of his deep feelings about people. I don’t think people have a sense of his deep feelings around the public philosophy.”" — Rick Klein, Copyright 2012 ABC News Internet Ventures

You mean he's not an ideologue in the least? Who knew!

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Banned
Summers said that Obama’s “excessive pragmatism” was a problem.

I love they way you like to take a sentence from an ENTIRE link that I admit that I posted... and try to make it look like I personally said it. Take the sentence and put quotes around it. That way it indicates it's from the link not DIRECTLY from the poster. That's the honest way of making a point but what would you know about that? You've been twisting my words and attributing quotes to me that I didn't say in just about every reply from you. That's because you're a liberal turd shit with little to add to any the thread.

Just because anyone here links to any article it doesn't mean they agree with EVERY word in it. It's (the link) REQUIRED by the RULES. If you had an actual response you wouldn't have to stoop so low that you could play handball against a street curb.

I and others know what I post but your style is deceptive but not the least bit surprising. Don't expect any more responses from me until you learn how to post in an honest way.

Last edited:
Summers said that Obama’s “excessive pragmatism” was a problem.

Well I think Summers has it wrong on that, considering republicans worked with Clinton, but cant get anything done with OBama and Reid blocking everything from the House. Did they pass a budget in the senate yet? I mean it's only been 4 years.

I love they way you like to take a sentence from an ENTIRE link that I admit that I posted... and try to make it look like I personally said it. Take the sentence and put quotes around it. that's the honest way of making a point but what would you know about that?

Not at all.

I appreciate that you posted a link showing Obama 1) isn't a political glad-hander, and 2) is a pragmatist (apparently, to a fault!) and not an ideologue.

More please!

Forum List

Back