Obama does Wellstone Memorial 2.0

teapartysamurai

Gold Member
Mar 27, 2010
togetherwethrivetee.jpg

THURSDAY UPDATE: AMERICA CATCHES UP TO ME: DRUDGE REPORT REALIZES MEMORIAL WAS POLITICAL RALLY TWO DAYS AFTER PATDOLLARD.COM – - – Unmasked: Obama Coming To Tucson To Campaign, Not Support Mourners! Sham Exposed! See The “Tragedy Campaign” Slogan And…Wait For It…Logo! – WEDNESDAY UPDATE: SEE THE NEW “TRAGEDY CAMPAIGN” T-SHIRTS WITH LOGO GIVEN OUT TO ALL ATTENDEES

UPDATE, January 13 13:33 Tucson AZ: This post originally went up in the early evening of January 11. In it, in the healdline above, and the commentary below, I revealed that this alleged memorial service was a total sham, a political rally disguised as memorial service. I debuted what was to be the slogan and logo, as you can see. What’s worse, and what I will be writing about in a forthcoming post, is that Obama’s speech was a declaration of war on America, Conservatives in particular, promising a broad push on gun rights, free speech and even an expansion of government health care. The rest was obligatory, phony “mourning”. Because the Conservative intelligentsia don’t how to de-code Obama’s speeches (it’s very basic, really), and because they continuously make the fatal mistake of thinking that he’s ever sincere when saying anything conciliatory, they continuously are sucker-punched by this guy, and find themselves on the defense, and catching up.
Here’s the link to Matt Drudge’s two-days-later catch-up to me. Top left, front page.
Here are a couple of the Drudge Report’s photos from their front page story:

THURSDAY UPDATE: AMERICA CATCHES UP TO ME: DRUDGE REPORT REALIZES MEMORIAL WAS POLITICAL RALLY TWO DAYS AFTER PATDOLLARD.COM – – – Unmasked: Obama Coming To Tucson To Campaign, Not Support Mourners! Sham Exposed! See The “Trag

I mean this makes the Wellstone Memorial look respectful by comparison. And do you remember how horrified Republicans attending were at the time?

Anyone remember the Wellstone Memorial?

Maybe Republicans need to go back in time and apologize for being horrified at the Wellstone Memorial.

Because it's pretty obvious, we hadn't seen nuthin' yet!

They are wrong. This was not Obama's fault. It was not organized by the White House. Simple fact. He could not control the situation into which he was placed. Sorry, I don't like Obama's policies but blaming him for this just doesn't fly.

This was mild compared to the Wellstone Memorial. Looks like the President did a decent job on it considering the circumstances.

There are plenty of things to criticize him about. I dont think this is necessarily a good one to do so on.

If you want to critic him stick to the issues. There's no shred of evidence that Obama or the White House planned the shirts, and they certainly can't control the conduct of the crowd. For what it's worth Obama started looking a little surprised by the initial reaction, and even a little uncomfortable. And when he paused for cheers-it was never for him, or his political agenda, it was either for one of the people who died, one of the heroes of the tragedy, or to call an end to the blaming the other side for the cause of the tragedy.

For somebody who made this into a political rally-I'm finding it hard to find anything of what Obama said was for his political gain. He obviously gained some ground, but that's because he acted exactly as the head of this nation should. He acted like any real leader would, and honestly if there was a Republican president I would expect them to give the same exact speech, word per word (and I'm sure they would).

This was mild compared to the Wellstone Memorial. Looks like the President did a decent job on it considering the circumstances.

There are plenty of things to criticize him about. I dont think this is necessarily a good one to do so on.

Hey now........don't be messing with TPS's delusional state. :eusa_hand:

se·di·tion   /sɪˈdɪʃən/
–noun
1. incitement of discontent or rebellion against a government.
2. any action, esp. in speech or writing, promoting such discontent or rebellion.

At what point do the scurrilous posts and theads of Teapartysamurai reach the level of criminality. At what point does Michelle Bachmann cross the line? Is telling the people to be armed and dangerous acceptable discourse? Is this use of language really an exercise of free speech or is it something else?

I ran our domestic violence program. It is a felony in California to make terrorist threats; the elements of which are quoted here:

"Any person who willfully threatens to commit a crime which will result in death or great bodily injury to another person, with the specific intent that the statement made verbally, in writing, or by means of an electronic communication device, is to be taken as a threat, even if there is no intent of actually carrying it out, which on its face and under the circumstances in which it is made, is so unequivocal, unconditional, immediate, and specific as to convey to the person threatened a gravity of purpose and an immediate prospect of execution of the threat, and thereby causes that person reasonably to be in sustained fear for his or her own safety or for his or her immediate family’s safety."

Clearly Rep. Bachmann's use of language does not reach the level defined in PC 422; but her language is inflamitory and incites extremist elements in our society. Does it incite violence? We don't know, nor do we know if the language and symbols used by Gov. Palin incite others to take action against our elected representatives.

What we know is that every other November the people can and do change the government peacefully. Something which has occurred every two years for over two centuries and celebrated as the greatest experiment in self government in history.

Teapartysamurai likely believes he is a patriot, he is not. Patriots defend and support the Constitution of the United States; engaging in seditious discourse is something much different than patriotism, it is not free speech or legitimate political discourse. It is vile, evil and illegal.

They are wrong. This was not Obama's fault. It was not organized by the White House. Simple fact. He could not control the situation into which he was placed. Sorry, I don't like Obama's policies but blaming him for this just doesn't fly.

I agree with you. But, I also agree with Laura Ingram who pointed out that all obie wan had to do to keep the crowd from "cheering" as if in a political rally was to rasise his hand palm out and say "please." He didn't control the situatin and that's part of the problem. Having said that if the people of Arizona are not objecting I don't have a problem with it either.

se·di·tion   /sɪˈdɪʃən/
–noun
1. incitement of discontent or rebellion against a government.
2. any action, esp. in speech or writing, promoting such discontent or rebellion.

At what point do the scurrilous posts and theads of Teapartysamurai reach the level of criminality. At what point does Michelle Bachmann cross the line? Is telling the people to be armed and dangerous acceptable discourse? Is this use of language really an exercise of free speech or is it something else?

I ran our domestic violence program. It is a felony in California to make terrorist threats; the elements of which are quoted here:

"Any person who willfully threatens to commit a crime which will result in death or great bodily injury to another person, with the specific intent that the statement made verbally, in writing, or by means of an electronic communication device, is to be taken as a threat, even if there is no intent of actually carrying it out, which on its face and under the circumstances in which it is made, is so unequivocal, unconditional, immediate, and specific as to convey to the person threatened a gravity of purpose and an immediate prospect of execution of the threat, and thereby causes that person reasonably to be in sustained fear for his or her own safety or for his or her immediate family’s safety."

Clearly Rep. Bachmann's use of language does not reach the level defined in PC 422; but her language is inflamitory and incites extremist elements in our society. Does it incite violence? We don't know, nor do we know if the language and symbols used by Gov. Palin incite others to take action against our elected representatives.

What we know is that every other November the people can and do change the government peacefully. Something which has occurred every two years for over two centuries and celebrated as the greatest experiment in self government in history.

Teapartysamurai likely believes he is a patriot, he is not. Patriots defend and support the Constitution of the United States; engaging in seditious discourse is something much different than patriotism, it is not free speech or legitimate political discourse. It is vile, evil and illegal.

When we've become a communist state. I hope that doesn't happen anytime soon. I can't wait til 2012.

Well well well. Here we see the contiuning cycle of crapola from the rabid right!

Wellstone's memorial service was not politicized. Even though it has been throughly debunked, the pundits keep rolling it out every time they think it will be useful as a talking point for the base to gobble it up. And gobble it up they do.

Franken documented the evolution in the media of the smear that Wellstone's memorial service was politicized. He traced the Republican spin of the memorial service as a "political event" from the Minneapolis Star Tribune to C-SPAN's Washington Journal to Rush Limbaugh and eventually to "the mainstream" with Tucker Carlson, who claimed on CNN's Crossfire that "a memorial service for the late Senator Paul Wellstone was hijacked by partisan zealots and turned into a political rally. Republican friends of Senator Wellstone were booed and shouted down as they tried to speak." But Franken undercut those claims in an interview with Carlson documented in the book. Under Franken's questioning, Carlson admitted he had not yet seen the tape of the memorial when he made those claims and was under the incorrect assumption that Kahn was not in fact Wellstone's best friend. Moreover, there were no "Republican friends of Wellstone" who spoke or attempted to speak at the funeral, a fact Carlson acknowledged in his conversations with Franken. Nonetheless, the myth that the memorial was a political event continued to spread throughout the media. [Pages 193-195]

Motor City Liberal: August 2009

Last edited:
This thread was started by a poster who once thought it was cute to post pictures of Hillary Clinton with a crosshairs on her face, lest anyone not yet fully understand the quality of character you're dealing with here in the person of TPS.

The bi-partisan praise for the president at this memorial has been overwhelming, with the attacks on him limited almost exclusively to those who have made it their business to attack Obama no matter what he does.

That's pretty much the deal.

I wonder if TPS would ever be able to post if she just had a breathalyzer hooked up to her computer?

The slogan on the T-shirts was taken from an Organizing for America web page.

Tuscon Memorial T Shirts | Together We Thrive | Arizona Shooting Memorial | Mediaite

University of Arizona spokesperson Jennifer Fitzenberger told me that the shirts were, indeed, provided by the University. “The University wanted to give people something to remember that symbolized community spirit and continued the event’s positive energy into the future,” she said.

According to Fitzenberger, the shirts were designed by a University of Arizona student, and they cost about $60,000. “The University will pay for them,” she noted. “No tuition, state allocations, tax dollars or student fees will be used.”

Many have also wondered how the shirts were produced so quickly. According to Fitzenberger, “The UA BookStores made the arrangements to produce the shirts. The BookStores knew a vendor that could turn them around fast.”

Forum List

Back