Obama does not worry about Quadrupling Bush's Deficit

RetiredGySgt

Diamond Member
May 6, 2007
North Carolina
Ohh look, it does not bother Obama a bit that his budget plans will likely raise the deficit 4 times higher then the deficit you liberals whine about from Bush.

Obama sidetracked by fiscal mess, but presses on

Further he is on track to create a "people's" army with forced volunteerism ( exactly how is FORCED volunteering at all?). Did Mao bring down the old Chinese Communist Government with a "people's" revolution?

I was one of those hippies protesting the Iraq War. My main motivation was that we just could not afford it. Funny how the Lefties who were with me are now blindly following the Democrats who are not only outspending Bush, but are more than happy to continue the war effort. :cuckoo:

Man this guy sucks, he's making Chimpie's reign seem like the good old days.

I said that we would be wishing Bush was still in office once we got a good taste of Obama. I just didn't expect it to be quite this soon.
amazing isnt it

the sad fact is, its probably better that McLame lost
he would likely not have done much different
at least now we can hope the voters will learn a lesson not to elect someone they dont know anything more about than "hope" "change" and "yes we can"

McCain would never have gone along with that stimulus pork or the pork barrel budget.
i dont know, he didnt have a problem with that crap last fall

Well ... not sure but if I remember McCain did mention he made a mistake with it somewhere, just can't remember where. So maybe he would have learned from it and not repeated this crap Obama is ... damn I wish Hillary was on the dem ticket more each day, at least with two non-pop stars there would have been an actual election instead of an American False God show.

What makes you think Obama isn't worried about the deficit?

The fact that he's spending money to prevent a depression?

Have you never been in a position where you spent money you could not really afford, but did so anyway because the outcome of not spending the money might be worse than the debt?

Perhaps that's what Obama is thinking, no?

Have you never been in a position where you spent money you could not really afford, but did so anyway because the outcome of not spending the money might be worse than the debt?

There was absolutely no evidence that we were going to have a depression. In fact there was no evidence that we would have a recession any worse than the late 70s.

The vast majority of the so called stimulus is for social programs and the expansion of the scope and cost of government in perpetuity. So if actions do indeed tell us what one is thinking then we can surmise that Obama's main purpose was to expand the scope power and cost of government and NOT to "stimulate" the economy.

No ... If I don't have the money to spend it waits! I don't use plastic except a check card and I surely don't spend more hoping to come out ahead.

The vast majority of the so called stimulus is for social programs and the expansion of the scope and cost of government in perpetuity. So if actions do indeed tell us what one is thinking then we can surmise that Obama's main purpose was to expand the scope power and cost of government and NOT to "stimulate" the economy.

All of which isn't helping the economy so he is spending us into a deeper hole and hoping ...

So basically you are saying that tossing money in a wishing well is better than saving it?

First, you can't spend money on dreams, that never works. Secondly it's not even what is being spent (though how much has an impact) but what it's being spent on that makes the biggest difference. Spending on things that "might" help ... bad move and any small business owner will tell you that. You spend money on sure things, which Obama isn't. He's even wasting most of it on things programs that will NEVER be able to return anything, this is just bad for us all. Higher taxes for nothing and rewarding people who ruin businesses.

It's pretty evident that excess spending is what caused the structural weakness in our economy to begin with. An economy should be based on savings and production and an eventual deflation in prices (that's how the poor is really helped out by capitalism), rather we have inflation (that usually festers itself into specific markets, and creates bubbles like the nasdaq bubble and the housing bubble), dissavings and a lack of production. Wealth comes from producing things, not digging a hole one day and filling it up the next.

So all this stimulus from the Bush era is why we're here, and to further it is to seek the demise of our prosperity (or what's left of it). The fact he is spending money is going to cause a depression, not prevent it.

There was absolutely no evidence that we were going to have a depression. In fact there was no evidence that we would have a recession any worse than the late 70s.

Beyond the fact that tens of thousands of banks would have become insolvent, you mean?

The PROOF that you are demanding is found in the books of those banks. Skull.

The vast majority of the so called stimulus is for social programs and the expansion of the scope and cost of government in perpetuity.

Wrong again! The vast majority of the money is going to save the banks by assuming their toxic assets.

You really ought to try paying attention, Skull. You're way smarter than your posts suggest, I think.

So if actions do indeed tell us what one is thinking then we can surmise that Obama's main purpose was to expand the scope power and cost of government and NOT to "stimulate" the economy.

Well given that you missed TWO FOR TWO in your assertions about the nature of this problem, you'll excuse me for ignoring your conclusions based on those obvious errors, won't you?

Beyond the fact that tens of thousands of banks would have become insolvent, you mean?

The PROOF that you are demanding is found in the books of those banks. Skull.

Wrong again! The vast majority of the money is going to save the banks by assuming their toxic assets.

You really ought to try paying attention, Skull. You're way smarter than your posts suggest, I think.

So if actions do indeed tell us what one is thinking then we can surmise that Obama's main purpose was to expand the scope power and cost of government and NOT to "stimulate" the economy.

Well given that you missed TWO FOR TWO in your assertions about the nature of this problem, you'll excuse me for ignoring your conclusions based on those obvious errors, won't you?

Full of shit as usual, the second so called stimulus has almost no money in it for stimulus at all and is NOT designed to save banks either. Do try and keep your facts straight.

ReadTheStimulus.org

please find the pages in the stimulus that state the majority of the money will be used to buy toxic assets. I couldn't

the MAJORITY of the money isn't IN the STIMULUS packsage.

It's in the TARP, program which is NINE TIMES LARGER than the so called stimulus program.

You didn't know that, Skull?

MOST of the DEBT that we are assuming (about NINE TRILLION DOLLARS last I heard) was money going to buy up the toxic assets of the BANKS.

How can you possibly not know this?

ReadTheStimulus.org

please find the pages in the stimulus that state the majority of the money will be used to buy toxic assets. I couldn't

the MAJORITY of the money isn't IN the STIMULUS packsage.

It's in the TARP, program which is NINE TIMES LARGER than the so called stimulus program.

You didn't know that, Skull?

MOST of the DEBT that we are assuming (about NINE TRILLION DOLLARS last I heard) was money going to buy up the toxic assets of the BANKS.

How can you possibly not know this?

In other words, the stimulus bill just passed was all pork. Thanks for clearing that up for us. And Obama and the democrats plan to spend 9 TRILLION dollars we do NOT have for BAD debit that won't ever be paid back. How many trillions will go OVERSEAS?

Remind me again how the supposed 1 trillion deficit Bush created in 8 YEARS is bad but the 9 TRILLION Obama plans is good for the Country?

Forum List

Back