Obama does NOT protect our borders

But we are kidding ourselves....Too much money being made by people with too much clout to do anything about it. We will do what we have always done....ignore the problem and make money off of it
No, not we, the elected officials have ignored the problem and made money off it.

And who elects the officials?

RW I agree with you that your predictions are what WILL happen but I disagree with you that protecting the border isn't important.

Personally I would have no problem with giving everyone in the country today amnesty and protecting the border now and not allowing more in unless they're willing to pay up.

In the more libertarian-constitutional government that I want with under control spending and taxes I would want wide open borders as that's what would be best for free market capitalism. However we don't have an economy or a government like that.

A wide open market you describe means America will "adjust down" to accommodate the poverty moving in. American without a doubt will shift into a third world country, as we are moving in that direction faster and faster. Yes, if you look at Americans debt and blah blah blah, things are looking very bad for us despite our boarders and "free markets" being wide open.

A *more* "free market" is a good thing, but you have to confine it to your own country or else you lose... unless you are the poorer country.

In a free market system with no income taxes our economy would flourish and we'd need the extra labor, there'd be enough skilled jobs for educated people and there'd be a need for uneducated laborers to fill the void.

But also I want to legalize drugs, which would immediately make our borders safer.

LOL, sorry... no... You even used the magic word "education."
America would immediately turn into a third world country and it would be flooded with hundreds of millions of poor people... Markets would over saturate and any time one market performed better than another that market would be destroyed once again by over saturation. It would be a never ending cycle and the educated (LOL) would be in the exact same boat.

But we are kidding ourselves....Too much money being made by people with too much clout to do anything about it. We will do what we have always done....ignore the problem and make money off of it
No, not we, the elected officials have ignored the problem and made money off it.

And who elects the officials?

Well to be fair I did a write in for Ron Paul, if he were elected and did the opposite I really don't think I'm to blame.

However, Obama is a different story as most his voters didn't even know where he stood but on a couple issues at best, and they probably didn't know anything in depth about the 1 or 2 issues they knew where Obama stood on. Obama ran on appealing to the lowest politically educated by dropping key words, education, alternative energy, Health care, end wars, not Bush and so on... He never really had to say how any of it would or even if it could be achieved.

From my understanding Bush flat out lied and did something similar to what I said Ron Paul could do to me if elected. Of course Bush was elected twice.

If you mean the money made off illegal’s is by employers and that citizens have seen literally no benefits with obvious decline in middle class options for growth and work then yes I fully agree... "Throw the wealthy employers in jail for hiring an illegal" but start with a huge fine and then take away a business license.

Employers make big profits while the taxpayers pick up the tab. Way too much money at stake here. Who are the politicians going to listen to? The taxpayers or the wealthy employers lining their campaign fund?

Easier for a politician to make a few speeches, round up a few aliens for show and continue to take the campaign contributions

RW I agree with you that your predictions are what WILL happen but I disagree with you that protecting the border isn't important.

Personally I would have no problem with giving everyone in the country today amnesty and protecting the border now and not allowing more in unless they're willing to pay up.

In the more libertarian-constitutional government that I want with under control spending and taxes I would want wide open borders as that's what would be best for free market capitalism. However we don't have an economy or a government like that.

Rather than amnesty, I would prefer to see a guest worker program. If you have a sponsor and you legally sign up to work here for a set period of time, and report your whereabouts we give you a legal ID and allow you to stay and work.

A wide open market you describe means America will "adjust down" to accommodate the poverty moving in. American without a doubt will shift into a third world country, as we are moving in that direction faster and faster. Yes, if you look at Americans debt and blah blah blah, things are looking very bad for us despite our boarders and "free markets" being wide open.

A *more* "free market" is a good thing, but you have to confine it to your own country or else you lose... unless you are the poorer country.

In a free market system with no income taxes our economy would flourish and we'd need the extra labor, there'd be enough skilled jobs for educated people and there'd be a need for uneducated laborers to fill the void.

But also I want to legalize drugs, which would immediately make our borders safer.

America would immediately turn into a third world country and it would be flooded with hundreds of millions of poor people... Markets would over saturate and any time one market performed better than another that market would be destroyed once again by over saturation. It would be a never ending cycle and the educated (LOL) would be in the exact same boat.

Well we're both just speculating, so neither of us know for sure. However in my opinion we wouldn't have uneducated people from 3rd world countries rushing in and taking over finance/engineering/medical/educational/and other professional careers.

The educated are in a terrible spot now, so personally I think the horrors you're describing by what would happen are already happening. Radical change needs to happen some way.

America's Third War: Texas Farmers Under Attack at the Border - FoxNews.com

The fascist pig obama took a oath to defend our Nation but does NOT!
IMPEACH obama!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And what did G.W. Bush do ? The same as Clinton, and what did he do ? Same as Bush Sr. and what did he do ?nothing, What did Regan do ? Amnesty and nothing. So then, whats new ?

You're correct. They didn't do anything, but that doesn't excuse Obama not doing anything also. He's the president now, not those other guys, and the violence along the border is growing. It's up to this administration to do something about it, not the past ones.

Doesn't make him a fascist pig, nor do I think he could be impeached over it. The OP sounds like a TEABAGGER.

Well we're both just speculating, so neither of us know for sure. However in my opinion we wouldn't have uneducated people from 3rd world countries rushing in and taking over finance/engineering/medical/educational/and other professional careers.

The educated are in a terrible spot now, so personally I think the horrors you're describing by what would happen are already happening. Radical change needs to happen some way.

What is happening today would only happen faster if we had "open boarders" as we kind somewhat have that today and yet things suck.

The reason I feel educated would hurt is because they would be serving a poor population. When everyone is working under the table, un-insured and no license as a way to be even more competitive with the hordes of people flooding in, what could a doctor or hospital charge? Schools would just fail, 100% fail... In 10-15 years our population would be split on culture, language, class of citizen and we would have tens of millions that never event went to school.

Again, this is reality to me because it is happening on a smaller scale. If America were rushed but 100 million illegal’s in 1 year (illegally) there would be war in the streets, that's why we don't see such a huge migration that I speak of, not saying the numbers of illegal immigrants is small...

The border violence is predictable due to the draconian war against American citizens who use non-governement approved recreational substances.

Legalization = Freedom and liberty. Everything this nation was founded on.

Drug War = Fascism. Nanny statist position. The government protecting you from yourself.

And what did G.W. Bush do ? The same as Clinton, and what did he do ? Same as Bush Sr. and what did he do ?nothing, What did Regan do ? Amnesty and nothing. So then, whats new ?

You're correct. They didn't do anything, but that doesn't excuse Obama not doing anything also. He's the president now, not those other guys, and the violence along the border is growing. It's up to this administration to do something about it, not the past ones.

Doesn't make him a fascist pig, nor do I think he could be impeached over it. The OP sounds like a TEABAGGER.

Just wondering.. Is the OP wrong that Obama took an oath to defend the country and is failing when it comes to illegal immigration? And please keep in mind thousands of Americans die each year to illegal’s so this is not some "defend us from grape pickers point." Not that illegal’s helping destroy our economy is something the president shouldn't defend against.

The border violence is predictable due to the draconian war against American citizens who use non-governement approved recreational substances.

Drug War = Fascism. Nanny statist position. The government protecting you from yourself.

Soooo... Obama and his Dem congress couldn't change the laws because?

What is happening today would only happen faster if we had "open boarders" as we kind somewhat have that today and yet things suck.

The reason I feel educated would hurt is because they would be serving a poor population. When everyone is working under the table, un-insured and no license as a way to be even more competitive with the hordes of people flooding in, what could a doctor or hospital charge? Schools would just fail, 100% fail... In 10-15 years our population would be split on culture, language, class of citizen and we would have tens of millions that never event went to school.

Again, this is reality to me because it is happening on a smaller scale. If America were rushed but 100 million illegal’s in 1 year (illegally) there would be war in the streets, that's why we don't see such a huge migration that I speak of, not saying the numbers of illegal immigrants is small...

We don't have an open free market capital economy or a libertarian principled government. So the background to everything would be different as well as the border+amnesty policy.

I also am against the department of education, in order to have no income taxes you have to be so that's built into it.

Having illegal workers working under the table wouldn't be that big of a deal under my view of no income tax government.

I agree with what you're saying if we keep our shitty government and shitty fiscal and economic policies in place and keep borders open. My view isn't a reality to you because our government is about 180 degrees different from what I think it should be. You claim it is, but we most likely would describe our current and recent gov't very differently.

Just wondering.. Is the OP wrong that Obama took an oath to defend the country and is failing when it comes to illegal immigration? And please keep in mind thousands of Americans die each year to illegal’s so this is not some "defend us from grape pickers point." Not that illegal’s helping destroy our economy is something the president shouldn't defend against.

Failure to stop illegal immigration does not breach his oath of office, doesn't make him a fascist, and is not impeachable.

Amoung other things it would be polictical suicide to even try. Look at how President Carter was demonized for suggesting decriminialization of Marijuana.

Amoung other things it would be polictical suicide to even try. Look at how President Carter was demonized for suggesting decriminialization of Marijuana.

So, if you're not part of the solution you're part of the problem. We need solutions, not more problems IMO.

Failure to stop illegal immigration does not breach his oath of office, doesn't make him a fascist, and is not impeachable.

Fair enough... So would you say Obama is just doing a really bad job on the issue of illegal immigration? Bad job on par with lets say, Bush's policy on illegal immigration.

So, if you're not part of the solution you're part of the problem. We need solutions, not more problems IMO.

My position is clear. I side with freedom and liberty, legalize.

Who the hell wants to protect our borders?

Too much money being made off of all that cheap labor. You want to protect the borders?

Throw the wealthy employers in jail for hiring an illegal

It's easier to investigate every american company and then the court proceedings of punishing them rather than border security?

Who the hell doesn't want to protect our borders? Why wouldn't someone care about the safety of Americans living along or close to it?

Rounding up illegals is like herding cats...not too productive

Throw a couple of employers in jail for hiring an illegal alien and watch how fast the jobs dry up

Thats the way.

Forum List

Back